Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Demon Baby Doll

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Cendari

Cendari

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Philosophy is the love of wisdom, the art of wonder, and asking the tough questions.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:29 AM

Hello everyone, I know it's been awhile.  I haven't had much internet access since I moved.

During Halloween I was watching the Travel Channel and it was showing various haunted destinations.  One I think was in Key West, but I'm not for sure.  This is not to be confused with the Robert Doll which is in Key West. The show told about a family who lived anywhere from the 17th to the 18th century.  They had tragedy strick them with the death of their infant.  Back in those days an artist would come in to paint or make a doll of the deceased young ones.  This family had a doll made and the doll was placed next to the baby.  The doll and dead infant looked so similar, that it was hard to tell which was which.  It was also said that the dead infants spirit transferred itself into the doll.

Now their home is for viewing and the demon doll used to be there.  The only pics that were of the doll had black lines going through it.  It looked demonic and I personally wouldn't want a pic of it.  Even if I did it turns out the doll went missing.  Legend  has it that the doll was said to move itself throughout the house.  Each day the house was opened  for touring the doll would be located in a different room.  One day the doll simply vanished and hasn't been seen since.

I've tried looking up more info about this demon doll, but so far I haven't found anything.  Maybe the family didn't live in Key West but lived elsewhere.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about and does anyone have any links with further info about the infant demon doll?

Edited by Cendari, 20 November 2005 - 05:34 AM.

Light accepted brings more light, light rejected deepens the night.  From a fellow philosopher.

#2    Munchkin

Munchkin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 92 posts

• A woman is like a tea bag-you never know her strength until you put her in hot water.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:43 AM

try looking on travel.discovery.com. you might be able to recognize the actual location. they have a list of places they've been recently. i tried searching on the website but didn't come up with anything. maybe you'll have better luck. keep us posted if you do. i'd be interested to hear more about this. good luck and happy hunting! grin2.gif

Edited by Munchkin, 20 November 2005 - 06:00 AM.

Thanks for the fun!!!!

Never hold your farts in. They travel up your spine, into your brain, and that's where sh**** ideas some from.

#3    mixxingmark

mixxingmark

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 88 posts

• Always be yourself...unless you suck.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:48 AM

Creepy indeed....even if you don't want a pic I sure would like one, hehe.

#4    Cendari

Cendari

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 136 posts

• Philosophy is the love of wisdom, the art of wonder, and asking the tough questions.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:25 AM

Thanks everyone.  Thinking back the family lived near or on an island located in the southern United States.  It was a bad place for malaria and they lost a few children to it.  I'm still looking for something on it.

Yes I'd like to show the picture if I can find a site that has it.  I tried the Travel Channel site, but no luck so far.  I wish so badly that I could remember the old families name.

Light accepted brings more light, light rejected deepens the night.  From a fellow philosopher.

#5    GuitarGirl81

GuitarGirl81

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 35 posts

• Lover In A Dangerous Time

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:37 AM

I've been to Key West on vacation like 5 or 6 times and been to the museum before wink2.gif There is something SERIOUSLY WRONG with that doll- I don't know if it's just absorbed some freaky things or what...

Angel

#6    Brando

Brando

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:17 AM

Is it this one:
http://www.hauntedtours.com/Robert.html

nm....I see you said it isn't the robert doll. blink.gif

Edited by Brando, 20 November 2005 - 09:18 AM.

#7    tcgram

tcgram

Government Agent

• 3,446 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 02:18 PM

I seem to recall the story as well, I will look and see if I can find it for you.

#8    salxsa

salxsa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• Call me up and we'll go dancin'

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:51 PM

the doll in the picture looks like a cute monkey :-)

You're heart is a river

It flows from your chest

Through every organ

You're brain is the dam

and I am the fish

who can't reach the cord

#9    Xoisk el Sońador

Xoisk el Sońador

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

• Para vivir, se tiene que aprender a perdonar y olvidar.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

Now I recall why I hate dolls…

«A donde fueres, haz lo que vieres».

#10    ValkyrieVoice

ValkyrieVoice

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

• "Bubble, Bubble Toil And Trouble;
    Fire Burn, And Cauldron Bubble.
    Double, Double Toil And Trouble
    Something Wicked This Way Comes."

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:14 AM

Hello everyone, I know it's been awhile.  I haven't had much internet access since I moved.

During Halloween I was watching the Travel Channel and it was showing various haunted destinations.  One I think was in Key West, but I'm not for sure.  This is not to be confused with the Robert Doll which is in Key West. The show told about a family who lived anywhere from the 17th to the 18th century.  They had tragedy strick them with the death of their infant.  Back in those days an artist would come in to paint or make a doll of the deceased young ones.  This family had a doll made and the doll was placed next to the baby.  The doll and dead infant looked so similar, that it was hard to tell which was which.  It was also said that the dead infants spirit transferred itself into the doll.

Now their home is for viewing and the demon doll used to be there.  The only pics that were of the doll had black lines going through it.  It looked demonic and I personally wouldn't want a pic of it.  Even if I did it turns out the doll went missing.  Legend  has it that the doll was said to move itself throughout the house.  Each day the house was opened  for touring the doll would be located in a different room.  One day the doll simply vanished and hasn't been seen since.

I've tried looking up more info about this demon doll, but so far I haven't found anything.  Maybe the family didn't live in Key West but lived elsewhere.  Does anyone know what I'm talking about and does anyone have any links with further info about the infant demon doll?

ohmy.gif I saw that documentary too, and I haven't been able to find anything on that doll. If I come across it I certainly will oblige you. As far as that Robert doll goes? I don't understand why no one's lit him on fire. That doll is sick!  mad.gif  I know that if I were that dude's wife? Robert would have met with fire while I were married to him. I still wonder why she tolerated that skanky assed doll.  angry.gif

"You Look Up When You Feel The Need For Elevation And I Look Down Because I Am Elevated. ..."

Thus Spake Zarathustra

-Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

#11    Carla

Carla

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

• “Literature, the most seductive, the most deceiving, the most dangerous of professions.”

Posted 22 November 2005 - 09:39 PM

I thought that spirits couldn’t posse’s dolls only people, demons however can posse’s dolls. I have heard of the Robert doll but not the one your referring to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users