Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Evolution No Solution!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#46    Ourmoonlitsun

Ourmoonlitsun

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 423 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:45 AM

Ahhh, that's it, condecendingly dismiss me as not capable of understanding science...That always works in a pinch.  thumbsup.gif

Well, I said "probably". And to be honest, if you did understand then we probably wouldn't have to go through an entire process, right? There are certain things called "theories" and "laws". You stated you wished evolution could be more than a "theory". To be such is to not really understand the fundamental concept behind science because science is constantly reworking itself to better explain its world. People seem to want a complete answer from science, when in fact it doesn't always work that way. Many times, especially in higher physics, one question gets answered and two (or more) come up. And to explain all the details associated with the sciences is something that is not especially suitable for this sort of setting. I will try, but the format makes everything stilted. It defiantly is not a "one post solves all" affair. That is why people in these fields go to school for long periods of time. If people think it's easy to just jump into all this then they should go to school for it... they could make some good money. Of course, I am speaking in general terms, here. I have no background knowledge on you, Knothere, but I am developing one.

I didn't mean for the earlier post to be condescending, so I apologize. And your jab back really did not add anything. Have you taken an anthropology class? It might explain a lot for you. There is emperical evidence. And yes, I am still looking at the "lions and jaguars out of thin air" claim. grin2.gif

*Edited for spelling.

Edited by Ourmoonlitsun, 25 November 2005 - 04:58 AM.

One time I met the Devil. I asked, "Do you have any other forms?"  The Devil replied, "Yeah... Martha Stewart." I stood in silence for a moment. Then I nodded and said, "Makes sense."

#47    Knothere

Knothere

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:40 PM

Well, I said "probably". And to be honest, if you did understand then we probably wouldn't have to go through an entire process, right? There are certain things called "theories" and "laws". You stated you wished evolution could be more than a "theory". To be such is to not really understand the fundamental concept behind science because science is constantly reworking itself to better explain its world. People seem to want a complete answer from science, when in fact it doesn't always work that way. Many times, especially in higher physics, one question gets answered and two (or more) come up. And to explain all the details associated with the sciences is something that is not especially suitable for this sort of setting. I will try, but the format makes everything stilted. It defiantly is not a "one post solves all" affair. That is why people in these fields go to school for long periods of time. If people think it's easy to just jump into all this then they should go to school for it... they could make some good money. Of course, I am speaking in general terms, here. I have no background knowledge on you, Knothere, but I am developing one.

I didn't mean for the earlier post to be condescending, so I apologize. And your jab back really did not add anything. Have you taken an anthropology class? It might explain a lot for you. There is emperical evidence. And yes, I am still looking at the "lions and jaguars out of thin air" claim. grin2.gif

*Edited for spelling.

That is EXACTLY the point. I'm see alot of belief in the answers the theory provides as if they are fact...But I'm not seeing many questions, or better yet questioning of the answers.

I fully understand the principles behind a theory, and basically they are a possible explaination of the facts or, laws if you prefer.

And I hate to tell you, there is not empirical evidence that provides conclusive proof, big difference between evidence and proof...You may very well have the knife, the body of the victim, & even a suspect, now all you have to do is prove they commited the murder...That is the hard part btw.

Would it insult you if I said you need someone to explain a book and what the author really said because you wouldn't understand it otherwise? To apologize only means something if it's sincere, and you're obviously not, so don't bother.

Edited by Knothere, 25 November 2005 - 04:35 PM.

Today is the tomorrow you worried over yesterday.

#48    Hehe

Hehe

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:24 PM

Yeeeaaa, Im still looking for the answer to why plants evolve so slow. Someone please help.
Read posts 11. 20, 24 and 31. Thanks

#49    charon

charon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 09:28 PM

Here is one web site: www.adonline.id.au/plantevol/

Or you can take your pick of web sites from Google search engine: Google search

“Hither to Haides all shall come, hither the highest and the lowest class: evil it is, but it is a path that all must tread; all must assuage the three heads of the barking guard-dog Kerberos and embark on the grisly greybeard’s Charon’s boat that no one misses … But for you, may the ferryman convey to the place whither he gives passage to the shades of the righteous the body no longer tenanted by your soul.”

#50    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:36 PM

Im talking about the time during which the plants evolved themselves, when animals werent even on the scene. Couldnt plants have evolved nervous systems together with animals. That would be a great evolutionary advantage.

Because they weren't in need of one!

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#51    Knothere

Knothere

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:41 AM

Because they weren't in need of one!

AH HA!!!

Busted!  devil.gif

Today is the tomorrow you worried over yesterday.

#52    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:11 AM

Are you joking? I honestly can't tell. original.gif

Posted Image

#53    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 27 November 2005 - 03:39 AM

Plants were perfectly suited for their lifestyle... why waste time evolving a nervous system when they were doing great without one...instead they used that o evolve more effiecent way of capturing sunlight.

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users