Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What would you do?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16    spyro_86

spyro_86

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Posted 30 August 2003 - 03:51 AM

I agree with pale horse. The most practical choice would be to prepare for the worst and hope for the best. In my respective case, (American), I would hope the pres. would shift the military into DEFCON 1 but not attempt any first-strike measures until their intentions/communications can be ascertained. In this case, if the sh*t hits the fan, at least we would be able to put up some sort of defense.

I agree with Blood Angel too.  I would put ALL (including reserves) military resources on standby at full alert. It would  be a part of the preparing for the worst and hoping for the best.

However like Kaj I also think earth would look like a game of risk for the aliens and I think a loonie would open fire on the ships.

The moment you are born you begin to die. The lesson is life is unfair.

#17    Bloated Corpse

Bloated Corpse

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 09:36 AM

I would try to figure out why the aliens aren't responding to our signals that we are broadcasting. Maybe trying a visual message like a blinking light or something to get there attention to communicate with them. I would also have to question if there was no answer given if the aliens can understand the usage of their machinery, considering you don't have to be very smart to push a button to make something work.

I would definately enforce martial law simply to protect the population from itself because there are always going to be those whack jobs out their. Considering that there are people out their that still think we are the center of the universe I would position guards at key scientific installations to protect them from those that wish to disrupt the flow of information. I would definately recommend that all the governments cooperate with each other in case of the manure hitting the fan cause it is gonna be a combined effort to get rid of them.

Definately would be a good cause to get a global government to help fend off another attempt at a hostile take over of Earth. Although that is a far reaching hope but one that will have a lot of merit behind it if anything does happen.

Wabi Sabi

Wabi-sabi is the quintessential Japanese aesthetic.

It is a beauty of things imperfect, impermanent and incomplete.
It is a beauty of things modest and humble.
It is a beauty of things unconventional.

#18    AncientLight

AncientLight

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 September 2003 - 11:58 PM

I would sit back and wait and see what happens. And keep trying to communicate with them somehow & make it clear we are peacefull (most of use at least, not regarding the closeminded nitwits )  grin2.gif

#19    Elizabethleawilson

Elizabethleawilson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 01:02 PM

This is all so interesting!!:)
Personally my aproach would be wait and see/try to communicate, although I would try to keep the public as informed and under-control as possible, to prevent a conflict. Because if a conflict between humans and advanced aliens were to occur, we would all be up you-know-what creek.  
(the aliens would have to be pretty advanced to get from wherever they came from to earth)
  whistling2.gif  

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean we are not out to get you

#20    Metalix Knightmare

Metalix Knightmare

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 144 posts

• Sanity is but a crutch for those who can't handle reality...

Posted 16 October 2003 - 12:56 AM

I would probably run out to them with open arms screaming "(PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!! PLEASE GET ME OFF THIS STINKEN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!

#21    s*t*a*r*m*a*n

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:54 AM

Its a hypothetical question that may infact have already occured in varying degrees, but based on the data from previous encounters with extra terrestrials i can only assume that like mexico when a huge wave hit and there were dozens of craft in daylight seen by hundreds of witnesses, nothing actually was mentioned BY THE GOVERNMENT at the time except no doubt some pathetic excuse. So i believe that this could happen tomorrow but there would be no major situation just a casual brainwashing of the people BY THE MEDIA through the military industrial complex to control this event from escalating in the first place.

#22    lizettemarie

lizettemarie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 59 posts

• "Insanity is the only thing left to grasp onto in this world"

Posted 19 October 2003 - 04:31 AM

President Bush would probably attack but I dont think that we should fight.  Then the aliens would probably use their awesome technology to wipe us off the face of the earth.  *sigh*

#23    OutlawNiea

OutlawNiea

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 October 2003 - 03:29 AM

Yeah bush woudl proably belike "hey theve gots oil on them dar home planet! lets kill them al land take their oil!!!" XD

#24    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 24 October 2003 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (OutlawNiea @ Oct 23 2003, 10:29 PM)
Yeah bush woudl proably belike "hey theve gots oil on them dar home planet! lets kill them al land take their oil!!!" XD

huh.gif  God I love you people your so entertaining in a misinformed preschooler way

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#25    xgaryedgex

xgaryedgex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Liberate te ex inferis

Posted 26 October 2003 - 12:35 PM

Us being the human race would end up screwing ourselves and start a war with the aliens

There is no such thing as an inevitable war. If war comes it will be from failure of human wisdom.-Andrew B. Law

#26    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 26 October 2003 - 04:20 PM

I think a war with them would be justified given the impact they have had on proctology and the beef markets...personally I'd love to see the little grey jerks smeared across the planet...that is IF they even exsist....

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#27    Nie

Nie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• The truth is out there... Can someone give me the URL?...

Posted 26 October 2003 - 05:08 PM

well, now i know we are all humans writing in this topic: kill first, kill it again just to be sure, and then ask questions (in the autopsy room) rolleyes.gif
Now, seriously, if that senario would happen, there would be mass histeria in the world, riots, mass suicides, news bulletins 24\7 on tv... the worst you can imagine. And i bet some country would shoot as soon they have a chance... so, the logical answer is.... Run, no, run really, really fast, you dont want to be in this planet when that happens

#28    TheLight

TheLight

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 11:51 AM

Looks a bit naive to try to attack them with our weapons given their probable technology advance. I don't think they would retaliate, they'll just blow the weapon before it reaches them. We would be like a monkey throwing a stone at a nuclear missile.
I think the biggest problem to our evolution is not technology but culture. Most people still react instinctively, like animals attack when they're afraid.
Well that used to be true, but now the biggest problem for our evolution is economy (somehow cultural wink2.gif), look at the concord being dismantled because it's not economicaly viable, that's really a step backward for progress, how sad... We went to the moon (that's still not certain though) but anyway what have we done of it except planting a flag up there. What have we achieved in the last 30 years ? To me it looks like we are in a decadent phase, more electronic gadgets but less science... More icing on the cake, and less cake...

#29    xgaryedgex

xgaryedgex

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 104 posts

• Liberate te ex inferis

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:23 PM

Nie your right. I think the biggest upset would be the church so many people would be like the bible said nothing of an alien invasion. and then they would lose one of there most important things. Faith.

There is no such thing as an inevitable war. If war comes it will be from failure of human wisdom.-Andrew B. Law

#30    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 08:11 PM

Well.... the way i see it.... if a ship is sitting there doing nothing and just hovering... it's planning something. Wouldn't they want to tell us they aren't hostile in a fashion as quick as possible to avoid being attacked?  If i was the alien, i'd be pretty dumb not to assume i would be considered hostile if i didn't make an attempt to prove otherwise. with some for of communication.

An attempt to prove otherwise would of course be sending signals out.... that to me is an idication of atleast trying to communicate. Why in the world would i as an alien persay want to talk if i'm here to blow s**t up.  I wouldn't... blink.gif

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users