Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Bible Code

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 11 March 2002 - 12:38 AM

The bible code is supposed to be in the hebrew version and perported to tell what is going to happen in the future to influential people, using their names and numerically sequencing them.

http://slate.msn.com/default.aspx?id=2431

http://www.bible-codes.org/

cool.gif                                                

Edited by Althalus, 20 January 2003 - 11:11 PM.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#2    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 11:14 PM

There is now a new book out on the subject called 'The Bible Code 2'

Well theres an original title if ever there was one.                                                

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
David Gemmell

#3    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 09 February 2003 - 06:55 PM

I was fascinated by the Bible code for a while. Untill I heard that one could get very detailed information the same way from other popular books... best example is "Moby Dick".

Check this link :

Bible code - Moby Dick - Princess Di cluster

Just a small example..and there are LOTS!

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#4    LucidElement

LucidElement

Mystic Divinity

• 3,838 posts

• Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge -Albert Einstein

Posted 21 September 2004 - 05:36 AM

i saw the book the bible code in the book store, i was about to buy it but i didnt. But it did look very interesting know that i think about it, after i get done reading this new book i am definitly going to buy it and see what the future has planed.. but im curious, have the previous predictions in the bible code been correct?

"The Truth Is Out There, Its Up To Us To Find The Answers."

"Imagination Is More Important Than Knowledge." - Einstein

#5    kosunina

kosunina

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Location:Where reality is nonesence and history is the future, Lottie... i used to know what you were, and who... now I am again alone...

• Where reality is nonesence and history is the future... that's what Kosunina is...

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:04 AM

Has anyone ever heard of this?  Anyone have any news on if it's real or not?

Haha!  I love fire, it's bright shinny and burns things.

#6    blazer2004

blazer2004

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 02:35 AM

i know about it its a program that people use to know the future but it dosent worke that well it might be fake

From Four I came and to Four I return

#7    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 03:06 AM

The Bible Code is a system of cross-referencing letters in the Bible that is alleged to be able to decode certain prophesies, the most famous (and pretty much the only one found prior to the actual event) being the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin.  The only problem is that one can use it to find pretty much any message that one wishes in any book of sufficient length.  That's the magic of numbers at work.  When this was pointed out to Michael Drosnin, creator of the Bible Code, he responded:

"When my critics find a message about the assassination of a prime minister encrypted in Moby Dick, I'll believe them."

Here then, are several predictions foung in Moby Dick.  One can also find them in other novels such as Les Miserables, and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

Bible Code and Moby Dick

Incidentaly, Michael is still insisting his system works.

Edited by aquatus1, 25 September 2004 - 03:07 AM.

#8    crazytomi

crazytomi

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2004 - 04:08 AM

im christian and i dont know much about the Bible Code...but i feel that we dont have the right to know the future unless God commands us or shows us himself like he did to John in Revelations

What is my time wrinkle like you ask. Well i will tell you. It is like my mind. The very thing that keeps my body alive. What does it do you ask. It allows me to escape the sanity of this world. How did I come by it you ask. It was always there. Mine from the begining, but you cant have one. Not unless you are unique enough.
Im part of the weird, aurora, mystery, black hole, wormhole, ancient, time wrinkles loving trio mess not with us. Like my oddness? Then you'll love the other two Northamericapoet and Tropic Lilly06
You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you are all the same.
I've gone to find myself. If I should return before I do, tie me down and to make me wait because God knows I wont.

#9    JTBob

JTBob

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Remember, enlightenment is a function of willpower, not of physical strength.

Posted 25 September 2004 - 09:37 PM

You can find pretty much anything you want if you can find a book long enough. Since all you're doing is trying to find a mathematical formula that will create a pattern that will eventually by luck find something that appears as a prophecy. I'd need it to predict something really big before it happened before I'd give it any credence. Sides the fact that they're using an english translation of the hebrew bible to find english names is kind of rediculous don't you think?

#10    DrStrangelove

DrStrangelove

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

• *something profound*

Posted 27 September 2004 - 04:29 AM

I don't believe that whatever "code" the Bible gives is just non-sence. The Bible Code gives a mystical effect to the Bible. The Bible wasn't written to be a mystical or magical thing; just a message. I do, however, have the Bible Code program on my computer. Every now and again, when I am bored, I put in keywords and search the Bible for the Code containing those words. It's interesting what I find. But there is nothing magical to it.

Edited by DrStrangelove, 27 September 2004 - 04:33 AM.

Go Home
People don't know why I am called Strangelove.
"By Deus! It's Full of stars!"
-Hal-Man (3001: The Final Odyssey)

#11    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 27 September 2004 - 12:50 PM

Tosh

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#12    Angelofmercy

Angelofmercy

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 03:06 PM

would be neat if it were true,

actually, its not true and its still kinda neat..interesting to think Melville foretold Di's death *L*

I want next week lotto numbers, shall we try Dickens?

Sacred Duty Yadda yadda yadda

#13    The Russian Hare

The Russian Hare

Silent assassin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

• Boat Tailed & Hollow Pointed

Posted 27 September 2004 - 06:03 PM

That reminds me of a Chris Rock bit:

"If all these psychics are real, why haven't they won the lottery yet?"

"Do you not know that I live by war, and that peace would be my undoing?" - Sir John Hawkwood

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:31 PM

Some of the predictions found in the bible code don't come true_such as the one about a terrorist attack on that famous Australian bridge. The date for that has come and gone and no attack. We didn't even hear about a thwarted attack.

There's a new prediction from the bible code, now, it is_ Laura Bush will be killed in mid September or October 2004. (Something about a helicopter being shot down)

Edited by Babs, 27 September 2004 - 07:35 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    Gabriel

Gabriel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 27 September 2004 - 07:44 PM

see just like Babs said  not all secret codes are bad  grin2.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users