Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Nessie

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61    syos

syos

Alien Embryo

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

im sorry but im not even gunna read this because nessie does ot exist they have done radar scopes and nothing has turne up and the first man to see nessie ws a drunk and a lier.the man who photographed nessie later addmited to sticking a fake head on a toy ubmeine or somthing like that.

so there he doesnt exist sorry thumbsup.gif

#62    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

im sorry but im not even gunna read this because nessie does ot exist they have done radar scopes and nothing has turne up.....
Not that I believe either but here at this link are the pictures that you are asking for. Just click on it and it will take you there.
www.nessie.co.uk/hunter1.html

so there he doesnt exist sorry thumbsup.gif
By chance do you have proof? hmm.gif

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#63    darkknight

darkknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

there is no proof of nessie, or it would have been discovered.

#64    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

Syow, you have no idea what you are talking about.  There have been sightings of "Nessie" going back nearly 1500 years, not to mention sightings of similar creatures in many other more isolated lakes in the vicinity that have nothing to do with tourism.  Such lake creatures inhabiting the region are in Celtic legends going back at least over 2000 years but we do not have accurate records about specific events since they left no written records until much later.  Many "dragonesque" creatures are depicted in ancient British/Scottish art, jewelry, etc, that were probably inspired by sightings of these "lake monsters".

Yes, we now know that the "1933 Surgeon's photo" is a fake, but this does not dismiss the hundreds of eyewitness reports.  There have been faked big foot photos too, but it would be foolish to dismiss every sighting because of a few fakes.   And this goes for UFOs, and nearly every other sort of unexplained phenomena.

As for the thread being hijacked, that's just stupid.  This forum is about "unexplained mysteries" and much of it deals with the supernatural.  In fact that part of it is so popular that they formed a sister forum just dedicated to "ghosts".    If you can't deal with discussions of supernatural phenomena, then UM is probably not for you.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 03 January 2006 - 10:13 PM.

#65    Jk57j

Jk57j

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

This is kind of off topic, but without debating the existence of Nessie (I believe there is a possibilty she may exist but so far there doesn't seem to be any solid proof, all of the evidence has been proven scams...then again we still haven't explored the majority of the oceans yet so who knows) any "fans" may want to check out that new show "Surface." Purely from an entertainment point of view it's a pretty good show and I think Nessie fans would enjoy it.

#66    darkknight

darkknight

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:51 AM

In fact that part of it is so popular that they formed a sister forum just dedicated to "ghosts". If you can't deal with discussions of supernatural phenomena, then UM is probably not for you.

this is cryptozoology(nessie) and palaeontology(dinosaurs and related topics) not supernatural ,dc. and to believe nessie is a real or Evolution'' needs atleast some real'' scientific evidence.

#67    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 01:35 PM

Jk, yes "Surface" is an interesting show.
Although they want to make it a big surprise, I think you will soon discover that the giant marine reptiles in "Surface" will turn out to be exactly what I have been talking about on this, and the dragon threads.  They are the Leviathan, heavenly creatures also called dragons that according to scriptures are prophesized to devour one third of the world population in the "end times".  I cannot prove it, but I believe the discussion of my book idea of the "heavenly dragons" a few years ago with some "hollywood types" inspired the screenplay.   I need to get cracking now and get it to the publisher before the "heavenly Leviathan sea dragon" bit is revealed in Surface, which will generate much more interest in these theories.  Only five weeks to go, I think.

#68    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:03 PM

Many "dragonesque" creatures are depicted in ancient British/Scottish art, jewelry, etc, that were probably inspired by sightings of these "lake monsters".

QUOTE(draconic chronicler   Posted Today @  08:35 AM)
.....will turn out to be exactly what I have been talking about on this, and the dragon threads. They are the Leviathan, heavenly creatures also called dragons that according to scriptures are prophesized to devour one third of the world population in the "end times". I cannot prove it, but I believe the discussion of my book idea of the "heavenly dragons".....

tay on topic then.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#69    frogfish

frogfish

ஆங்கிலத்த&

• 11,142 posts

• Flyfishing -- the Art of the Gods

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

May I have a reference to these nessie sightings from 2000 ago, DC? (not from the bible) rolleyes.gif

DC, this thread is not getting hijacked...its called skepticism. Learn to deal with it..

-Frogfish-
Posted Image
Researcher-Prostate Cancer Oncogene Research
University of Michigan Comprehensive Cancer Center

The National Center for Biotech Information
My Photo Gallery: Capturing India

Fishing is a Way of Life!

#70    Burning Love

Burning Love

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

Syow, you have no idea what you are talking about.  There have been sightings of "Nessie" going back nearly 1500 years, not to mention sightings of similar creatures in many other more isolated lakes in the vicinity that have nothing to do with tourism.  Such lake creatures inhabiting the region are in Celtic legends going back at least over 2000 years but we do not have accurate records about specific events since they left no written records until much later.  Many "dragonesque" creatures are depicted in ancient British/Scottish art, jewelry, etc, that were probably inspired by sightings of these "lake monsters".

Yes, we now know that the "1933 Surgeon's photo" is a fake, but this does not dismiss the hundreds of eyewitness reports.  There have been faked big foot photos too, but it would be foolish to dismiss every sighting because of a few fakes.   And this goes for UFOs, and nearly every other sort of unexplained phenomena.

As for the thread being hijacked, that's just stupid.  This forum is about "unexplained mysteries" and much of it deals with the supernatural.  In fact that part of it is so popular that they formed a sister forum just dedicated to "ghosts".    If you can't deal with discussions of supernatural phenomena, then UM is probably not for you.

There have also been sightings of Utah Raptors, Spiny Algyptus, T-Rex, and Megalodon going back 2-4000 years... But do we think they exist? Well, yes actually... I think Megalodon is still alive.. happy.gif

#71    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 12:32 AM

Kaze, now how could there be sightings of dinosaurs 2000 to 4000 years ago if dinosaurs were not even known until the 1840's when the name was coined?  People apparently did see large carnivorous reptiles, but they usually called them "dragons".  What they really were is the "unexplained mystery".

Frogfish,  pick up any book on Celtic mytholgy and you will find legends about water dwelling "dragons" or "beasties" inhabiting numerous bodies of water in the British Isles.  As for "sea dragons" in non biblical sources in the classical world, they are also extremely common.  This best non-Christian sculpture of one is on the Peace Monument of Augustus in Rome.  The Roman historian and naturalist Pliny the Elder discusses their habits.  Being attacked by them was an accepted risk of sea travel.  They are recorded as servants of the Greco Roman Gods just as they are the Judao Christain God, and sent to punish people.  Their name Ketos, is the word which the scientific name for whales is derived, cetacens.  But the ancients knew these were not whales, and depict them as a long necked reptilian beast, much like a plesiosaur but with clawed arms instead of flippers.  Sometimes they are thought to be purely sea creatures, sometimes they are winged dragons that just happen to be in the water.

Edited by draconic chronicler, 05 January 2006 - 12:34 AM.

#72    Burning Love

Burning Love

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 672 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

I dont mean they called them dinosaurs, I mean they saw them. Made sculptures and stuff. It really doesnt matter as I dont think they would be around now anyway. I'm pretty sure if nessie is real he's a dino.

#73    Vidgange

Vidgange

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 10:04 AM

I found some good pictures of the Ketos DC is talking about:

From the Trojan war

More Trojan war

However these do not look like dragons...

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose

#74    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 02:24 PM

Vidgange,
You are right, those don't look like dragons.  One was probably inspired by a shark or killer whale and the other seems to be nothing more than a large skull hung on a pole being used for target practice.  Understand that art historians interpret the designs on pottery vessels with the knowledge they have, and often they are wrong. I cite several references in the book.
Many greek Ketos do look just like dragons though, just as they look much like the the archetype loch ness monster, with a reptilian head on a long neck connected to a larger humped body.  The creature in virtually all ancient art that swallows Jonah is a true ketos-dragon, as is the one the the Augustus peace monument being ridden by Nereids.  All of these images will be in the book, as well as ancient church mosaics depicting these dragons residing in heaven where they devour sinners in heavenly judgement scenes where they are the "covering cherubs" of God's throne, and sometimes are the living throne itself.

#75    Sublime

Sublime

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 394 posts

• It has awakened...

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

even "nessie professionals" admit that they just "believe" to get the money from tourists. the story behind the creature makes no sense anyway. i'd just give it up.

There is nothing like a dream to create the future...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users