Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Man Charged With Killing Over A Beer

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 10:11 AM

ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (Reuters) - A New Mexico man has been charged with beating a woman to death with a lead pipe because he did not want to share his Budweiser beer with her, according to court documents.
Charles Lee Vennevy, 26, was charged with killing 41-year-old Yvonne Garcia and beating her male companion last Monday night before leaving them for dead in downtown Albuquerque. Vennevy is in custody and bail was set on Wednesday at $1 million (630 million pounds) in cash, according to a criminal complaint obtained on Thursday.

According to the complaint filed, Vennevy was drinking beer with friends. Garcia approached the group wanting to drink with them, and was turned away. She returned later with a friend, and a fight ensued over the beer.

While Garcia "was on all fours looking at the ground," Vennevy is suspected of kicking her in the face with his steel-toed work boots, then hitting her over the head with a lead pipe. He is also suspected of attacking her companion, the complaint said.

Garcia was found by a security guard and later pronounced dead at the scene. Her male companion was treated and released from a nearby hospital, having lost his left eye after being struck with the pipe.

Vennevy was charged with murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, and tampering with evidence.

Yahoo News

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#2    lil_kanga77

lil_kanga77

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 07:17 PM

Geez!

sad.gif  

#3    Lionel

Lionel

Poltergeist

• 2,449 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 09:04 AM

Vennevy is in custody and bail was set on Wednesday at $1 million (630 million pounds) in cash

$1 Million = 630 Thousand pounds (approx).

He who walks in another's tracks leaves no footprints. Joan Brannon

#4    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,909 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 03:33 PM

Personally I'd rather it be 630 million pounds, as I'dgo to the US and win the lottery and come back.

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#5    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 30 August 2003 - 04:45 AM

What a butthole  mad.gif  

#6    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 09 September 2003 - 12:12 AM

You know, that is sad and disturbing disgusted.gif  

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#7    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 09 September 2003 - 10:46 AM

wut a sicko.... sad.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#8    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 09 September 2003 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (sarkypi @ Sep 9 2003, 04:01 AM)
This is horrible, and for budweiser no less sad.gif   
I wonder what that awful man has to say for himself.

hey, but it was a   budwieser  user posted image

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#9    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 13 September 2003 - 09:13 AM

My best friend actually heard a story kinda like this in England...his girlfriend's dad was in a pub with a guy, and someone spilt his pint. Even though he recieved an apology, and was bought a new pint, the guy dragged the spiller outside, and killed him by grinding a broken bottle into his face.

I think the guy's in a mental hospital now; either that, or locked up in Stafford Prison. If you happen to live near there, that's an example of the kind of loonies you're sharing a community with...(has been told the prison is right in the middle of the city, without any separation from the residental and shopping districts beyond a wall)

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#10    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 13 September 2003 - 10:10 AM

oh that's so......horrible.... crying.gif

P.S.  Darkstar laugh.gif  laugh.gif  

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#11    thedemonof69

thedemonof69

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 07:18 PM

hmm...and people wonder why I am against drinking....

#12    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 06 November 2003 - 08:26 PM

I'm not a big drinker myself...I'm not t-total or anything, or have any moral objection to it...I just don't like the taste of alchohol blink.gif

*wonders if this makes her weird, with her clean and healthy liver*

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#13    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 07 November 2003 - 03:40 AM

I know of a young man in England whose 20. He lived with 3 friends in an apartment. When one of his “friends” kicked his dog, he pulled a knife from the draw and stabbed the man in the stomach! He wasn’t even under the influence! Is this world going crazy?  wacko.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users