Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

He's praying for us.

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#1    triplikeido

triplikeido

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:05 PM

user posted image
"And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory." (Matthew 24:30)

[http://www.skyhound....n/NGC_2264.html

The Cone Nebula lies in the southern part of NGC 2264, the Christmas Tree cluster. The Nebula is an intense region of starbirth, a chaotic place where new stars are born inside a natal cloud and recently born, hot and massive stars buffet the nursery with intense radiation.
The nebula of gas and dust, lit by surrounding stars, is about 2,500 light-years away.

Check the link for more info and another awesome picture of Jesus in the heavens. Happy Holidays  original.gif

Edited by Richdog, 02 December 2005 - 01:03 AM.

Faith is belief in what you cannot yet see. That it will come to be and you will see what you believe.

#2    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:06 PM

Cool picture.

yes.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#3    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:44 PM

Yep, cool pick but, it's making me have to to pan the screen left and right to read the text. Oh well, I did that once before also, so I guess that I can't kvetch.

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#4    character

character

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

• Never argue with idiots
    they bring you down to their level
    and beat you with their experience.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:45 PM

Cool picture.

yes.gif

lol. agreed. anyway where exactly in that picture is jesus? geez...

"the mysteries of the universe are revealed when you break stuff

#5    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

• you want to know the answer? Hell, I'm still working on the question!

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:46 PM

An amazing photo, but I second the question:  where do you see Jesus?

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

Not Another Moment Lost To Seizures

#6    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:47 PM

Is it just meant to be inspirational? There are pretty cool
nebulas captured by Hubble, etc.
edit: Oh, I get it I think. Christmastree cluster.

Edited by Yelekiah, 28 November 2005 - 07:49 PM.

Posted Image

#7    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:53 PM

If you save the pic and view it a little smaller it's supposed to look like the back of jesus head with a crown of thorns. Well, not exactly but, sorta like that anyway. And I'm a Jew! How come you let me see that first?

#8    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

misanthropic nihilist

• 26,185 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 07:54 PM

An amazing photo, but I second the question:  where do you see Jesus?

The big dark cloud: like a profile view.  You can see the beard, even.  It's a bit big, so you'll have to scroll down.   But it is a cool picture.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#9    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,873 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

I... think I see the european mideivel version of  Jesus.... but, I gotta squint...  Honestly, if I was someone who worshipped him, I'd atleast make sure to have the propper image then one made up....  I'm weird that way... I'd rather honour him by atleast having the correct look.

And...I'm not even going to mention what I thought first when I saw that image...  X)

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#10    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:06 PM

The big dark cloud: like a profile view.  You can see the beard, even.  It's a bit big, so you'll have to scroll down.   But it is a cool picture.

if you insist.  The closest I can get is that it is 'someone' in backlit silouette, and that only because the OP said "look!  Its Jesus".  Of course, those of a religious disposition would see something of a religious nature.  Kind of like seeing shapes in clouds.

Quote of the Year 2006: HAY! I did more then just say I wanna be ina a man sammich! - SC

You have the right to remain silent.  You might want to think about exercising that right more often

#11    triplikeido

triplikeido

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:07 PM

user posted image

this is of the right side of his body. his profile. the picture i posted before this is a close up of his head and hands. I can't see how it looks like anything other than Jesus. let me know if you still can't see it.

Faith is belief in what you cannot yet see. That it will come to be and you will see what you believe.

#12    JMPD1

JMPD1

Child of the Universe

• 6,022 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:10 PM

I see where you are getting your imagery from now.  But as I said,  it depends on your point of view.  The first time I saw that image, I wouldn't have come to the same conclusion you did.  Probably because I'm not looking for signs of the messiah.

#13    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:12 PM

Actually, to me it looks like the Lord Mithra!  What you are calling a "crown of thorns" is very evidentially the cap that Lord Mithra always wears.  He seems to be getting ready to lay the bull again!  Praise Mithra!

Through the grace of our Lord Mithra do we recieve salvation and life eternal.  

#14    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:16 PM

How do you like that one! Ya'll let me find it first and I was right!

The reason that they chose a more Europeon look for him is that no one knew what he looked like by the time it became the fashon to worship him. I've heard that the image is actually that of Zeus! Besides, who'd believe that a Jew would be totally nailed to the cross. Everybody knows that no self respecting Jew would have anything that wasn't at least 10 percent off! Ha-ha! I know, that was bad but, with a name like Umbarger, it has to be good. And no, I'm not anti-semetic, I'm Jewish.

#15    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 28 November 2005 - 08:22 PM

It's a beautiful picture, but how you got the idea that it even looks human, let alone like Jesus, is beyond me.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."  — D.H. Lawrence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users