Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

He's praying for us.

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

#166    triplikeido

triplikeido

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:07 AM

Calm it down gents or the topic will just get closed... I don't see why almost every topic has to be turned into a flame-fest, it gets very tiresome after a while.

I'm done arguing on this thread. If anyone wants to say anything counteractive in a resentful manner just PM me instead. Otherwise feel free to comment. I'd rather this topic stay open. Thankyou.

Faith is belief in what you cannot yet see. That it will come to be and you will see what you believe.

#167    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:49 AM

Before you even came into the picture i said this;

It doesnt matter at all that you said that... what you said afterwards showed that that was dishonest. Hell, maybe you dont even realise that you preach and you're degrading other peoples beliefs, but you are.

So tell me...how am I bashing anyone's beliefs by sharing my own personal thoughts about why the Cone Nebula Represents Jesus in the Heavens to me?

You're bashing other peoples beliefs by talking about your belief in absolutes. Since your belief is a belief and not an absolute, talking about it in absolutes is elevating it to something its not, and since beliefs are mutually exclusive, it degrades the opposing belief.

well...you act like I don't have the right.

You have the right to talk about your opinion as long as you dont misrepresent it as fact.

Any one with a religious belief will talk about it in absolutes.

No, not anyone. Many people here are decent enough not to.

Beliefs are absolute.

No, a person believing might be an absolute, but a belief can not be an absolute, it is a contradiction.

I am not the only one.

So you are not the only one who is wrong.

The real shame is that you are defeating the whole purpose of your argument; "I'm angry about how you talk as if your religion is fact when it's not"

Oh? How so?

Does it not appear that you are speaking in absolutes about your disbelief?

I am not claiming my disbelief is fact. I'm pointing out that a belief, and more to the point, faith, are unsupported by proof, and hence can not be treated as things that have been proven to be fact amongst society.

has any religion been proven?

Has any?

Edited by Stellar, 12 December 2005 - 04:49 AM.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#168    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:51 AM

you do not see the contradiction of your argument do you!? You must be angry with everyone who has ever expressed their beliefs. We all speak about it in absolutes.

Dont make an ass of yourself, quit with the assumptions. Many people on this board are decent enough not to talk in absolutes about their beliefs.

You act like no one has the right to, but it's perfectly ok for you to express your disbelief for a belief.

Its perfectly ok for someone to express their belief, as long as they dont misrepresent their belief as fact.

in case you forgot, you have been told this before and i couldn't have said it better myself.

Now, considering that the majority of the people here see that you're at fault, maybe you should take the hint...

Btw, tags has a habbit of misrepresenting things. I asked him to quote me on that... suprise suprise, just like in another thread, he didnt. Ever wonder why? No, ofcourse you didnt.

He was Christian too you know.

And whats your point? I know this. Are you suggesting that I shouldnt quote him because of his religious belief? How intollerant and discriminative of you.

If you pray to a God isn't that speaking in absolutes because they believe their is a God and that God is listening?

You're not addressing yourself to others when you're praying in solitude, are you? Even when you're praying in public, hell. Theres a difference between talking in absolutes about your belief while adressing a being from your belief, and talking in absolutes while adressing the public.

So.... do me a favor and leave me alone.

Ill leave you alone when you either leave the forum, or stop misrepresenting your belief.

If you don't like that I see Jesus praying in the milky then stop bombarding this thread.

If you dont like me telling you to stop misrepresenting your belief, either stop or leave the forum. Maybe you'd be better suited in a purely christian forum...

why should you be angry with what i see and believe??

I'm not. I'm angry and what you shove down peoples throats.

----Seraphina

#169    triplikeido

triplikeido

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:26 AM

Wow the king of all nitpickers strikes again. one ear and out the other. Listen I'm through arguing with you. I have better things to do than agrue with someone who only see's things there way and i don't want this topic closed.
What is ever going to be solved? NOTHING.  Anyone in there right mind that is aware of what's going on in this thread understands me in post #165. I'm sorry you do not. You make it very clear that you don't. Lets just agree to disagree and move on. Don't try to control me by saying you aren't going to leave me alone until i leave the forum. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith is belief in what you cannot yet see. That it will come to be and you will see what you believe.

#170    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

-Patton

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:53 AM

one ear and out the other.

Lol, dont try to be a comedian, you're no good at it.

Listen I'm through arguing with you. I have better things to do than agrue with someone who only see's things there way and i don't want this topic closed.

For someone who's through arguing with me, you sure are comming back and replying a lot...

Don't try to control me by saying you aren't going to leave me alone until i leave the forum.

I take it by that that you arent going to stop misrepresenting your beliefs?

----Seraphina

#171    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 December 2005 - 01:44 PM

Wow the king of all nitpickers strikes again. one ear and out the other. Listen I'm through arguing with you. I have better things to do than agrue with someone who only see's things there way and i don't want this topic closed.
What is ever going to be solved? NOTHING.  Anyone in there right mind that is aware of what's going on in this thread understands me in post #165. I'm sorry you do not. You make it very clear that you don't. Lets just agree to disagree and move on. Don't try to control me by saying you aren't going to leave me alone until i leave the forum. STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tongue.gif LOL@the king of nit pickers...this is not the 1st argument I have seen him create and it wont be the last, this dude would create an argument in a empty room blink.gif It's best to ignore him, you are fully entitled to your own beliefs and you shouldn't give a monkies if he (as usual) argues the point.  You abviously like this topic so why risk it getting closed over the likes of him, he couldn't care less it it where closed as he can easy go and create more arguments else where regardless the topic!!  If he responds again (and I dont doubt it) skip over his silly remarks and answer someone else instead

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 13 December 2005 - 02:02 PM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#172    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

-Patton

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:27 PM

LOL@the king of nit pickers...this is not the 1st argument I have seen him create and it wont be the last, this dude would create an argument in a empty room blink.gif It's best to ignore him, you are fully entitled to your own beliefs and you shouldn't give a monkies if he (as usual) argues the point. You abviously like this topic so why risk it getting closed over the likes of him, he couldn't care less it it where closed as he can easy go and create more arguments else where regardless the topic!! If he responds again (and I dont doubt it) skip over his silly remarks and answer someone else instead

Got advice. Why dont you follow it yourself then? I'd be perfectly happy not having to deal with the likes of you trying to comprehend what I write. I dont create any arguments, I respond to them.

Edited by Stellar, 13 December 2005 - 04:27 PM.

----Seraphina

#173    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:59 PM

Got advice. Why dont you follow it yourself then? I'd be perfectly happy not having to deal with the likes of you trying to comprehend what I write. I dont create any arguments, I respond to them.

laugh.gif yeaa sure ya dont

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#174    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,765 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:04 PM

This new subsection is intended as a place where visitors can discuss any and all subjects pertaining to religion and spirituality. The criticism and questionning of beliefs and belief systems in this section is disallowed, such debates should be taken to the 'Spirituality vs Skepticism' section.

SaRuMaNs words...not mine....so if you want to debate the picture, you should open a new thread in the Sprituality vs. Skepticism section as SaRuMaN suggested.

Source

Edited by joc, 13 December 2005 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#175    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

-Patton

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

This new subsection is intended as a place where visitors can discuss any and all subjects pertaining to religion and spirituality. The criticism and questionning of beliefs and belief systems in this section is disallowed, such debates should be taken to the 'Spirituality vs Skepticism' section.

SaRuMaNs words...not mine....so if you want to debate the picture, you should open a new thread in the Sprituality vs. Skepticism section as SaRuMaN suggested.

This isnt a section where you're allowed to come and say "my belief is right and yours is wrong" nor is it a place to post argumentative posts, is it, joc?

----Seraphina

#176    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:43 PM

This is Saruman's ENTIRE post (Joc's link)

By providing this area free of such debates, we hope to provide a friendly environment for members to discuss religious topics without the usual bashing and anti-religious sentiments of the old combined spirituality board. Those who do still wish to debate these issues can however do so in the other subsection.

To ensure that this new section is completely free of skeptic religion-bashing, the slate has been wiped clean so that things can be started afresh. All the old topics from the board can still be found however in the 'Spirituality vs Skepticism' section.

I highlighted the relevant information.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#177    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,765 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

This isnt a section where you're allowed to come and say "my belief is right and yours is wrong" nor is it a place to post argumentative posts, is it, joc?

No it isn't...and if you want to go to page 4, post 59, you can read my little flame....I didn't realize it was in this section...now that I do...what of it?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#178    lilmissdoomzday

lilmissdoomzday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:32 AM

Im back with a new screen name because i havn't been on here for 8 years, got sick of the mindless debates....forgot the password to triplikido (my old screeen name now) this one is old too.... i should make a new one.... called lilmisssavedetheday 12/21/12 which is also my birthday.... I've learned a lot since my last visit about the power of the glory of God.... any questions?

#179    lilmissdoomzday

lilmissdoomzday

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

• The function of wisdom is to discriminate between good and evil.

Posted 20 April 2013 - 05:38 AM

I am much more authorized to speak now... there are so many things i wish i had said 8 years ago.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users