Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Argh! I'm mad!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

Do some of you use MSN Messenger and have just downloaded the latest version. It puts a mess in Internet Explorer, changing a lot of things like setting useless task bars and commercials for starting page, and no possibility to remove this... disgust.gif

I think it's revolting to change the user's options so!

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#2    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,902 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:43 PM

I don't use MSN messengar, but I know exactly what you mean, some programs do tend to Hijack the system somewhat. I often notice after installing something that it's put half a dozen icons onto the desktop/start menu that have no relevance to the program whatsoever. Some ISPs also tend to display their own adverts in Internet Explorer and Outlook Express when you use their own provided installation programs to set them up.

I agree 100% that it's very annoying. I'm not sure if this will help, but you could try running Adaware to see if it removes any of the unwanted extras that have been installed on your PC.

You can get it Here.

#3    Ronin6th

Ronin6th

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 22 August 2003 - 01:47 PM

You exactly know what I meant. Now I have several intruding icons in my office...Good thing that I downloaded Adaware times ago...I'll try it thank you Saruman! original.gif  

If you cannot be the First, be the One.

*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users