Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony?

AztecInca

Debate suggestion by many!

The debaters will be debating which gaming company will produce the next-generation console that offers the greatest gaming experience.

Three participants have been chosen from an application thread in the PC and video-gaming section. They include:

Byuu94 for the Revolution, Nintendo.

Master of Geeks for the PS3, Sony.

Kaze for the X360, Microsoft.

The order of posting which has been chosen randomly is as follows: Kaze will be the first to post an introduction followed by Byuu and then Master of Geeks.

This will be a 1v1v1 formal debate.

An Introduction, 4 bodily posts and a conclusion from each participant. No Flaming, bad manners or profantities will be tolerated.

There is a point deduction for debaters who fail to make a post within the 7 day time frame. The deductions will be 2 points for every day the participant fails to post after the 7 days.

This is to ensure that debates continue in a timely fashion. If for any reason you cannot post within the 7 days, please ensure that you let myself or Aztec know to avoid having the points taken off your debate.

If, however the participant does not then attempt to make a post for upto 2 weeks after the 7 day rule has started an immediate disqualification will occur.

Good luck!

Aztec.

Edited by Lottie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AztecInca

• Burning Love

• Bigfoot_Is_Real

• Byuu94

Byuu94 and Master of geeks you have both posted out of turn. After you posted your introductions you were meant to wait until Kaze had posted his first bodily post as the rules dictate. The same order of posting continues from the introductions until the conclusions.

Please go and read the rules which you should have done before as I advised you to do before the start of the debate.

These posts will count as bodily post but I will now allow 6 bodily posts before a conclusion must be posted. Now Kaze must post two bodily posts before Byuu94 can post again as he is the next in order to post.

Edited by AztecInca

Kaze you have 48 hours to post your reply if you do not, I will begin deducting points.

Please pm myself or Lottie if you are having any problems!

As Master Of Geeks has informed myself he is unable to continue and as Byuu94 has decided to leave the debate. As well as Kaze not appearing for some time all their positions will become available to anyone else who wishes to participate.

Lateness in posting will no longer be accepted. Lottie and myself have had to put up with far too much of late with many debates having to be ended prematurely. If you begin a debate you need to completly sure you can complete it and post within your time-limit.

This debate will start from the beginning again if three participants can be found!

I'm really sorry about not responding but my internet has been out since my last visit, a sudden round of severe weather had the cable out in this whole town for days :( I had no way to get on or contact anyone about everything that happened and thus couldn't continue the debate... That hasn't happened in a long time and It definitely shouldn't again.. Today is the first day that we got cable back....

Very well Kaze. That is a valid reason so if you are still interested you may continue debating for Microsoft if we can find two other participants!

Edited by Lottie

This post is VOID and MasterofGeeks is disqualified.

Please see below for explanation.

Thankyou, Lottie.

Edited by Lottie

Please Read

AztecInca i am afraid i can post only once due to the fact my dad left his screename on so this should help end this debate

( remember this can count as my next couple of post unless my luck continues )

MasterofGeeks,

1)The rules are quite simple. One introduction, 4 bodily posts and a conclusion from EACH participant. This post does not equate to you finishing the debate.

2)This post would count as post no.2.

If you had read Aztecs message to you in this thread he states:

Byuu94 and Master of geeks you have both posted out of turn. After you posted your introductions you were meant to wait until Kaze had posted his first bodily post as the rules dictate. The same order of posting continues from the introductions until the conclusions.

Please go and read the rules which you should have done before as I advised you to do before the start of the debate.

Master of Geeks these rules also state that one CANNOT copy (plagarise) entire articles from other sites and use this as your own work for a debate. It is of course ok to copy and paste relevant snippets of information from a site adding a link/source with it informing us of your source/link.

Also this can cause problems for UM with the sites concerned on the note of plagarism.

As you have copied other persons work and nothing of your last post is your own work your post is Void. and thus deleted.

now do not get confuse AztecInca for i might not post again for a while so unless i don't post again for 2 weeks ( my mom said i could have it back over chrismas break so i might be able to contiune this debate or maybe not it all depends ) so until i can come back tah-ta

If you have read ‘How do debates work’ it tells you:

1) Q. What is the time scale for posting to a debate ?

A. It is not necessary for a debate to happen 'live', participants will be allowed to take their time to formulate their next response and post it to the debate. If a participant fails to post anything in the debate for more than 7 days however, 2 points will be taken off for each day the participant fails to post. You can avoid having these points taken off if you let your organizer know in advance that you will be late in posting.

2)Q. Can I resign from a debate ?

A. For your benefit and the benefit of other participants, we feel that to fully participate in a debate it needs to run smoothly and to a time frame so that it remains fun and exciting for each participant and the people following.

Please be sure you are fully committed from the start. If a person then resigns from a debate without a valid reason and without notification to the organizers an automatic suspension of any participation within the debates will occur for three months.

MasterofGeeks, As you are new to this I am going to let you off but you will be unable to participate in this debate as you have broken the above rules as mentioned. You are not however suspended. I ask you though that next time you enter into a debate you fully understand how the debate sytem works.

You are either in the debate or not. It is extremely unfair on your fellow participants as it is myself and Aztec who put alot of work into creating and maintaining these debates for everyone.

If you have any further queries feel free to PM myself or Aztec.

Regards, Lottie

Edited by Lottie

Very well Kaze. That is a valid reason so if you are still interested you may continue debating for Microsoft if we can find two other participants!

I would indeed like to continue, but I know alot more about the PS3 so I think I would be more suited for that :hmm: Either way, I will contiune :tu:

Well as this debate is starting over you may debate for Sony, PS3 Kaze. Byuu94 has also informed myself that he is still able to debate for Nintendo, Revolution.

We now just need one more participant for the Microsoft, X-360 position.

Well as this debate is starting over you may debate for Sony, PS3 Kaze. Byuu94 has also informed myself that he is still able to debate for Nintendo, Revolution.

We now just need one more participant for the Microsoft, X-360 position.

Thanks ^_^

That would be me, homie-g!

The X-BOX360 is the bomb!

There is your answer.

BUT....

LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE, K? :gun::tu:

Very well then we have..........

Byuu94 for the Revolution, Nintendo.

Kaze for the PS3, Sony.

The Chupacabra King for the X360, Microsoft.

The order of posting which has been chosen randomly is as follows: Byuu94 will be the first to post an introduction followed by Kaze and then The Chupacabra King. This order will reamin the same throughout the entire debate.

This will be a 1v1v1 formal debate.

An Introduction, 4 bodily posts and a conclusion from each participant. No Flaming, bad manners or profantities will be tolerated.

There is a point deduction for debaters who fail to make a post within the 7 day time frame. The deductions will be 2 points for every day the participant fails to post after the 7 days.

This is to ensure that debates continue in a timely fashion. If for any reason you cannot post within the 7 days, please ensure that you let myself or Lottie know to avoid having the points taken off your debate.

If, however the participant does not then attempt to make a post for up to 2 weeks after the 7 day rule has started an immediate disqualification will occur.

Good luck!

Aztec.

Edited by AztecInca

All right! Let's try this again!

I'm Byuu94 and I'll be debating for the Nintendo Revolution.

In the early days of games, many people of different ages would frequent the arcades and pass the time at the machines. They attracted large crowds, because the games were simple, fun, easy to learn, and difficult to master. However, game designers became more ambitious over time and wanted to do more with the games. Controls became more complicated in order to play more complicated games. Although hardcore gamers still played these games, the more complicated controls drove away many more casual gamers. Consoles have followed the same pattern. Atari systems were very simple to control, but Nintendo and Sega soon began to make these controllers more complicated by adding more buttons. Although the analog stick is now on controllers as well, they really haven't changed much since the SNES and Sega Genesis came out. But, like the arcades, the more casual gamers have fled for the most part.

This is where the Nintendo Revolution comes in. By making the controls of games more simplified and intuitive, more people will be able to understand and play them. The controller relies on motion tracking technology, and makes the player feel more connected to the action that is going on screen. This adds a new layer to how games are played.

People often tout that due to the good graphics of a game, they felt that they were part of it. Yet, they are using control technology a decade old to play it. The Revolution controller will make gamer feel one step closer to actually being in the game.

Kaze as this is the second time you have failed to post withing the time-limit I will only give you a further 24 hours to post. If you so not do so I am afraid I will have to remove you from this debate and offer your position to others who wish to debate.

Please pm myself or Lottie if you are having any problems.

Edited by AztecInca

Kaze has informed myself that he is having difficulties with his Internet connection and will be unable to continue with this debate.

There are a couple of members who have expressed interest in this position who I shall pm to determine if they do trully wish to debate.

I shall now open this position to any and all who wish to apply.

Please hurry as the other debaters wish to get on with this debate.

Edited by AztecInca

Oh OH plz can i be it PLEASE!!! :cry:

Very well Bigfoot_is_real you will be debating for PS3,Sony.

In order of posting you are to go next, so please post as soon as possible.

If you have any problems please pm myself or Lottie.

Hello i am Bigfoot_is_Real and will be posting for the PS3 and Sony

I like Microsoft and Sony...Microsoft for games,computer, and other cool things.I like Sony for their movies,games(not much), and high-quality images.

This is a debate, not a chat topic. You'll find that in the computer games area.

Please leave, as there (hopefully) is currently a debate in progress.

EDIT:Correct you are here Byuu94. Only debate participants and debate organisers may post in a debate.

Edited by AztecInca

Hello i am Bigfoot_is_Real and will be posting for the PS3 and Sony

Bigfoot_is_Real this is not an opening statement. An opening statement is where you outline your position and arguments you are going to use in the debate. I will allow you to go back and edit your first post so it can become an opening statement.

I fear that chupucabra king will not be taking place in this debate but to be sure I shall pm him.

The PS3 is by far the best looking next gen consle so far

With a full arsenal of great looking games and grapics and a firm hold on the VG market i really want to see what Sony has up its sleeve

I`m afraid I see no future for this debate. Chupucabra king has not posted within his alloted time and I do not believe he will.

Bigfoot is Real you have not followed my instructions correctly nor does it seem you have read the rules of debating.

Byuu94 has been the only participant who has attempted to debate this debate from the start. He has posted thoughtful and proper debate posts and I`m am deeply sorry that he has missed out on the opportunity to showcase his debating skills to their full potential.

There has been far too many participants pulling out and not posting within their alloted time. I do not believe this debate can recover but I would be willing to try this again in the future.