Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are legendary "dragons" really dinosaurs?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
217 replies to this topic

#211    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:13 PM

Much of the theology side of my research is from the internet, but from sources I believe are unimpeachable, such as the online, Jewish Encylcopedia, and Catholic enyclopeadia. Many, many, ancient manuscripts are also on the internet, such as the the books of Enoch, Book of Jubilees, Apololypse of Baruch, etc can all be found on the internet, and they are no less valid than if they came from a university Library, (which is where many of the online sources are connected to).

Well, at least this is a start, although more would certainly be helpful, including some specifics.

Guys, DC's evasion of the source requests has been deeply irritating, but try not to descend into insults.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#212    micah-el

micah-el

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

• I am of a dualistic nature.

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:15 PM

I prefer to stay on my high horse. I see better that way.Also, the statement you were refering to was a truthful statement. I am just restating his beliefs.

No problem, chief, still the view may be great, but the danger is greater. (easier to shoot at you on a horse)

Guys, DC's evasion of the source requests has been deeply irritating, but try not to descend into insults

That is very reasonable.

Edited by micah-el, 21 December 2005 - 07:16 PM.

I look at this world and see it needs a leader...

#213    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,067 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:17 PM

No problem, chief, still the view may be great, but the danger is greater. (easier to shoot at you on a horse)

Is that a threat misguided one? I think you should go back to your class or you will be tardy.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#214    micah-el

micah-el

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:30 PM

Is that a threat misguided one? I think you should go back to your class or you will be tardy.

ok only joking there, and i am a college student who happens to work at the library.

#215    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 21,226 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:38 PM

Okay, Can it be said that this thread has gone about as far as it can go?  We aren't even talking about the actual subject anymore, and all these currently mild exchanges could turn ugly quite rapidly.

We aren't going to see sources from DC.  Perhaps its time for this thread to be closed down.

#216    micah-el

micah-el

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

Okay, Can it be said that this thread has gone about as far as it can go?  We aren't even talking about the actual subject anymore, and all these currently mild exchanges could turn ugly quite rapidly.

We aren't going to see sources from DC.  Perhaps its time for this thread to be closed down.

perhaps, but lets have some fun before that happens.

Anywho, DC can you please provide a title of a book other than religious texts, please.

#217    Guardsman Bass

Guardsman Bass

Poltergeist

• 2,222 posts

• Don't spam me, but feel free to drop a line.

Posted 21 December 2005 - 09:48 PM

perhaps, but lets have some fun before that happens.
Anywho, DC can you please provide a title of a book other than religious texts, please.

This isn't a hate-mail forum, or a troll-bashing one. And it doesn't seem to be going anywhere, so it'd be nice if a moderator would just close it.

"You say that it is your custom to burn widows. Very well. We also have a custom: when men burn a woman alive, we tie a rope around their necks and we hang them. Build your funeral pyre; beside it, my carpenters will build a gallows. You may follow your custom. And then we will follow ours." -Sir Charles Napier

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."   D.H. Lawrence

#218    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:18 PM

Uh, miss FluffyBunny, you just insulted someone, you called DC "a kid".
Breaking your own rules are we now?

Oh yes, how horrible an offense. I know in most communities calling someone a kid is an offence that can only be settled by dueling. I shall sit here in the darkness of my office lamenting my misdeed. Perhaps I will break out the flail for a few lashes as well.

I agree that this thread has gone far enough, and it deserves to be closed.

Edited by Fluffybunny, 21 December 2005 - 10:37 PM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users