Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

how do you think it end?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1    endofthingstocome

endofthingstocome

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:00 PM

i was just wondering how people think humans will be wiped out.
obviously there is no correct answer, i just wanto hear some of the things people think "could" happen that will cause the race of "humans" to become extinct.  
we have seen time and time again how civilization outsmarts itself,  (with anything fom cutting down forrests to making nuclear weapons to polution into the atmoshpere) starting something without thinknig about the problems it could cause, now on all of those examples its almost too late to change anything.  Will it be something like this that causes mankind to fall?

what do you think will end the reign of civilization?
or end the world even...  

#2    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:04 PM

Nuclear or Biological warfare, everyday we are thinking up new ways to kill each other, i would say this would be most likely.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#3    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:42 PM

I think someone is going to piss me off one too many times, and Homer's wrath will bring forth total annihilation. Not just this planet, or even this solar system, but the entire galaxy cluster.

Now for a more serious answer, I think if it happens at all, humanities extinction will be caused by changes in the climate. More specifically, the shifting of the tectonic plates causes volcanic activity, and too much volcanic activity causes undesirable effects to the very air we breathe, as well as influences the weather throughout the world. This, along with humanities role in polluting the planet and eradicating the rainforests and other environmental nightmares causing worldwide climate changes. So my answer is climate change, but not caused by any one thing, and not to exclude an impact which creates a fallout that influences the global climate.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#4    Kaj

Kaj

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 01:55 PM

I donエt know how, but most likely it is something that humans does for themselves.
And further I think natures way to keep a spieces down on a normal level will couse a plague that we can not stop eventually...think the plagues"sars,ebola, aids etc" is ways for nature to do just that.( we have stopped/limited those thought )

I donエt think a plague like that will exterminate the human race fully but takes it down to a level nature and mother earth wants. (tries to balance it)
Thats what I think.

We are just farts in space and time.

Be nice !

#5    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:11 PM

Too many plausible answers for the end of civilization.

However, barring an unforeseeable cosmic catastrophe, the world will end when our sun goes into it's red giant stage and fries it out of existence.

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 August 2003 - 02:20 PM

Exeter,
Don't be so pessimistic. A little sun screen and some cool sunglasses should be sufficient for the Red Giant grin2.gif

Homer's ready cool.gif

Edited by Homer, 23 August 2003 - 02:20 PM.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,032 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 23 August 2003 - 03:41 PM

I think we should be speaking of things on a more 'galactic' scale when discussing what is likely to bring about the end of mankind.

Within 100-200 years we could easily be living on Mars, the moon, and possibly further afield aswell. Within 1000 years who knows, and by the time the sun becomes a red giant we will have probably colonised half the galaxy.

Disasters affecting the earth will not be the ultimate demise of humans, not unless something major happens within the next couple of centuries.

#8    colorless

colorless

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 04:13 AM

Eros

#9    endofthingstocome

endofthingstocome

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:34 AM

i dont care what any expert says, its gona be a hell of a lot longer than 200 years before we can colonize mars.   The moon is a little bit more realistic,  but who would wana live on the moon.  

#10    BuhiBuhi-Kun

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• "For the last time, Demons don't have stink nuggets...."

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:42 AM

I think some super bug will get us long before we get off this little piece of rock.  All hail our new master, the virus!  Biological of course.  In fact some are using me to breed more soldiers (masters) right now...

自分 お 知る
Nosce te Ipsum
Know thyself
I cannot stress this more.

#11    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 08:57 AM

I donエt think a plague like that will exterminate the human race fully but takes it down to a level nature and mother earth wants. (tries to balance it)
Thats what I think.
I agree Kaj  original.gif

I think someone is going to piss me off one too many times, and Homer's wrath will bring forth total annihilation. Not just this planet, or even this solar system, but the entire galaxy cluster.

That was my first choice Homer   wink2.gif

Seriously though , I don't really see an end , it will just be another change in the cycle .
   I believe that the chances of complete extinction of the human race are so very very small as to be near impossible . I mean somebody must be clever enough to survive . Darn it I'll do it ...  thumbsup.gif

#12    BuhiBuhi-Kun

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 09:22 AM

I agree with Kismit I guess,
   but I think the next cycle will involve cockroaches developing intelligence.  
Look out Homo Sapiens, here comes Blaberus Giganteus!!  All hail our Viral and Cockroachian masters!!
  Oh ya girls,
      this fella likes midnight strolls on cool tile surfaces and kicking back with a nice greasy french fry that fell behind the stove.  Quick, agile, has a six pack and reflexes that defy reason.  This athletic hunk will make your knees weak....

Attached Files

自分 お 知る
Nosce te Ipsum
Know thyself

#13    endofthingstocome

endofthingstocome

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 10:42 AM

i think humanity WILL become extinct.  there is alot of evidence showing that humans were not meant for civilization.  Living in caves, hunting animals.  i dont know how many people beleive in the faculties of the mind, things like telakenesis and self healing through mind power, things like that.  But i think that the people in caves use to have these ablilities,  then they evolved into what we call "civilization",  cities, religion, polatics etc.  and since then the worlds been nuthing but wars, famine, Pestilence, betrayal and destruction.  i dont know about any1 else, but i cant see that improving in the future.  and if an asteroid doesnt hit the earth or our sun doesnt expload or the world doesnt ice over.  then humanity will Inevitably destroy itself.

#14    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:17 AM

QUOTE (endofthingstocome @ Aug 24 2003, 12:42 PM)
But i think that the people in caves use to have these ablilities,  then they evolved into what we call "civilization",  cities, religion, polatics etc.  and since then the worlds been nuthing but wars, famine, Pestilence, betrayal and destruction.

You're not saying that you're calling this primitive "society", in which people would bash each other heads in for a chunk of mammoth meat, Utopia, now are you?

I really don't think that these Neanderthals (pardon my archeological ignorance) were shiny, happy people chasing butterflies with daisies in their hair.

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#15    BuhiBuhi-Kun

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (Phantom @ Aug 24 2003, 05:17 AM)
I really don't think that these Neanderthals (pardon my archeological ignorance) were shiny, happy people chasing butterflies with daisies in their hair.

Eloquently put,
  just wanted to mention you made me fall out of my chair laughing.

自分 お 知る
Nosce te Ipsum
Know thyself

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users