Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

how do you think it end?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16    endofthingstocome

endofthingstocome

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 24 August 2003 - 12:53 PM

heh,
no, i didnt mean that they lived like a happy family in there little caves.  the point i was tryign to make (which apparently i didnt make very well) was that evolution of mankind has its price.  with more intelect and more insight into space, atoms, the human body etc.  There is always going to be bigger and bigger disasters  (prime example:  september 11th)  plane-building-lots of people--....do you think these "neanderthals" could Obliterate a large portion of a continent with a nuclear bomb?, could they create a Biological  plague and let it loose on an army?,  could they create polution with their little camp fires to put a hole in the ozone layer.

my point is simply that the more evolution progresses and mankind create new inventions without thinking of what could happen 10-50-500 years into the future.

then humans will outsmart themselves 1 time too many and the race will be either extinct or damaged an enormous amount.

#17    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 24 August 2003 - 01:18 PM

I think that the  sun will explode

well, i got my shades! cool.gif  

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

#18    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 25 August 2003 - 01:17 AM

I agree with Kismit and SaRuMaN. Unless an extiction sized asteroid hits us within the next 200-300 years or so, I don't see humanity becoming extict at all. Establishing a colony doesn't mean anything unless it is self sufficient, and it may take this long before that can be achieved.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#19    shelby

shelby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

• True love is found in your heart, look there and you will always be happy.

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:12 AM

If the earth was to be hit by an astroid or meteor to destroy it, by the time that we were hit, they most likely will have already set up stations else where or would possibly have the technology to have the item moved so that it would not have Earth as a target.

So I think unless there is a catastrophe of nature, not space, that human life will keep going. We are already working on colonies in space. is that not what , in part, the space station is. To see how human life can sustain in space?

I can love you like that, I can make you my world, move heaven and earth if you were my girl...(John Michael Montgomery)

#20    BuhiBuhi-Kun

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• "For the last time, Demons don't have stink nuggets...."

Posted 01 September 2003 - 10:17 AM

I think the lizard things under the Denver airport will have a huge war with the Plaeidians and we'll be caught in the middle and face extinction but will live on in the human/alien hybrids they are creating....sorry too much David Icke...

自分 お 知る
Nosce te Ipsum
Know thyself
I cannot stress this more.

#21    j6p

j6p

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 01 September 2003 - 03:03 PM

Short answer: "All things must pass" - George Harrison

Long answer:Why Societies Collapse

#22    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 01 September 2003 - 04:13 PM

Well Sauron will find his ring and well you know....seriously I'll stick to my Biblical beliefs on that....I am not starting a debate just stateing my opinion so please no flame...

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#23    Engulf

Engulf

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

• "The wise only speaks when it is right, while the fool always speaks as though he is right."

Posted 06 September 2003 - 01:47 PM

if there's a possibility of an end to mankind,i'd say nuclear warhead probs.
look at N.Korea,maybe some people would say they'd have no future in making this weapons of mass destruction but who knows,right??anyone is capable of anything.
i kind of agree that they are doing this for security measures but say if some accident happens.......i daren't imagine how much of warheads they have,probably not just enough to fry this whole Earth in a matter of seconds but maybe even reaching Venus or Mars or something.    

"Remember the truth is not for everyone - most people just do not want to know." --Robert Morningsky

"Since you are like no other being ever created since the beginning of time, you are incomparible." --Brenda Ueland

"Knowledge is strength, ignorance does not grant you any immunity." --Purple Crow

"I do not see any sin in the world, but I see a great deal of ignorance." --George Sand

#24    Tillghast

Tillghast

Forum Divinity

• 2,327 posts

• I'm rather unnatural

Posted 07 September 2003 - 11:37 PM

Maybe an asteroid, heated by our atmosphere, would hit the Artic and melt it causeing global flooding, either that or
A. the sun blows up
B. giant asteroids
C. Our own 'stuff', like biological warfare will eventually destroy the world. sad.gif  but now im going to have trublle sleeping ' no mankind will not become extinct, no mankind...'

Posted Image

#25    Exeter

Exeter

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts

• He's always on my mind

Posted 08 September 2003 - 08:44 AM

Concerning evolution, I think it's fairly obvious that mankind won't be around in it's present form until the end of time. Whether it's 10,000 or 10 million years from now, our future generations will be different from us. Events such as dramatic changes in climate that last for several millennia, increases/decreases in cosmic radiation, and spontaneous mutation of diseases all have a direct influence on mankind's evolution. These events have happened before, and most likely will happen again.

Another point is that we may evolve into something we wouldn't find so esthetically pleasing. We may not become the brilliant "space faring" heroes we like to imagine, but rather, may revert to a simpler, less societal form of life.

UFOs = weather balloons of the Gods.

#26    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:12 AM

i never really even thought about this untill i seen this thread, and the first thing that hit me was theres no way mankind will go extint, so im definetly going with the theory that humankind will be with earth untill the end of the planet its self, we just have to much technology now to prevent us from dying off.  not even mother nature can really compete with us these days, for instance back in the day plauges like the bubonic and such would regulate the population, nowadays we got antidotes and vaccines for all sorts of things, even when SARS broke out we contained it before it became a global epidemic.  to go along with endofthingstocomes logic of "the more we advance the easier it is to kill off each other in greater numbers", the more we advance the easier it is to protect our selves from being killed off in greater numbers as well, it goes hand and hand, my .02

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#27    omnimutant

omnimutant

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 September 2003 - 07:12 PM

I'm under the impression that humans are extremely resliliant Beings. We seem to addapt to what ever curve ball is thrown at us. As famously stated in "The Matrix", were like a Virus. Were also highly inteligent beings. (although at times I have to wonder) We lived through Ice ages, major outbreaks of deadly viruses, wars, Droughts, Floods.Catastrophic events accur all the time now. Whats the result? A few poeple die, a few get wounded, the rest just rebound and make a new life.

Anything short of the planet exploding, or some other universal event, and were gona be here for a long time. Natural selection will not take us to extinction, since we have already by passed that thx to the medical profesion.  blink.gif

Even in the event of global thermal nuclear war. There will be survivors, who may mutate over a few generations to completely withstand higher levels of radiation.

It is very disturbing to me, how many people feel that were are somehow disrupting the balance of nature. I really don't think that were are. Were as humans are part of nature, what we do, no matter what it is, has to be natural. It may not seem like the right thing to do because we change our enviornment so much, but who knows. If the "Flapping Choko Squriel" cannot evolve to the current environmental conditions that we have caused it is natural for it to go extinct. New things will evolve that can handle our environmental changes and thus I belive that no matter how bad we "screw it up" everything will be just fine.

See if one looks at our species as another animal that lives on this planet from a universal prospective. Were just doing what comes natural. How can we do anything else?

Thats the way I see it.  

#28    Kryso

Kryso

Always watching...

• 3,943 posts

• Truth titillates the imagination far less than fiction.

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:20 AM

We will all have a shock when we find out that, yes, there are aliens, and they did place us upon this planet to colonize it. But after all the thousands of warnings they have given us (because of our warring and completely un-sharing nature) - which we pass as nuts and fruit cakes, in tight silver suits they will step in and wipe us away with no more thought than a waitress wiping crumbs off a table with her greasy cloth.
(No dig at waitresses by the way! Because, how would I survive without that waitresses voice coming through the squeaky box asking, 電o you want fries with that?)  mellow.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users