Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Levitation

• Please log in to reply
157 replies to this topic

#91    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,066 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 28 December 2005 - 12:54 AM

Hey Eric, wanna join my 'Skeptical Propaganda' group?

Sounds good. Do we get badges? grin2.gif

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#92    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

• *wonders what happens if you cook Mamee Noodles*

Posted 28 December 2005 - 09:47 AM

I'll make one! grin2.gif

Posted Image

Read my story, Mindless Indulgence
Also read Replaceable

#93    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

• c^2= (d/t)^2 = d^2/t^2 = (d^2) x (1/t^2)...Time is squared

Posted 29 December 2005 - 05:45 AM

Badges!!! Badges!!!! We don't need no stinking Badges!!!

Speaking of course strictly as a supporter of the paranormal as a valid construct

Time is a form of communication
Consciousness transcends all states
that can be perceived as matter
Matter communicates its existence
to consciousness through time        
Man is infinite
God is more
Black Hole Creates Spectacular Light Show

#94    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

Posted 29 December 2005 - 06:29 AM

Okay, here's the Badge wink2.gif

Skeptical Propaganda Group

user posted image

No Ghosts
No Pyro
No Dragons
No Smiling grin2.gif

Posted Image

Also read Replaceable

#95    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 31 December 2005 - 03:14 AM

Levitation 101: Human Levitation
By Bruce Smith, 2003
This is a re-print of a draft for publication of 'Levitation 101: The BioPhysics of Human Levitation' by by Bruce Smith, an independent writer living in the Olympia area of Washington State.

http://www.americanantigravity.com/levitation101.shtml

Man is infinite
God is more

#96    Cebrakon

Cebrakon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal....Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:26 AM

Fluffybunny is completely right. There are challanges from universities and researchers to "psychics," or whatever you want to call it, to merely allow themselves to be fully documented as they do such amazing acts and they are almost always turned down... I wonder why.  I have said it before and I'll say it again, if someone really knows how to do such things as levitation they should go to their nearest university and allow themselves to be documented. The researchers would set-up an entire thing just for them.

angry.gif Ask Uri Geller.  He will tell you that the scientists are frauds.  They don't publish their results.  D. D. Home demonstrated levitation before the crowned heads of Europe in the Victorian Era, and the famous scientists as well.  Do you think such people would allow ropes and pulleys to be installed?  Do you suppose it is easy to fool scientists?  No you are totally wrong.  If someone is a psychic, they should hide the fact, and go nowhere near a university.  Such places are like churches; they are devoted to textbook truth and are incapable of learning anything different.

~~~~Cebrakon

"I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of the multitude.  What do you say of the leading philosophers here (U of Padua) who have never consented to look at the planets, or moon, or telescope?"    Galileo ,19th August 1610

Star Travel by Psionics

#97    Cebrakon

Cebrakon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

• The juice of memory rises. When it spills will be the time of reversal....Mighty shall be the roar, violent the rending, joyous the release.

Posted 02 January 2006 - 03:43 AM

Levitation 101: Human Levitation
By Bruce Smith, 2003
This is a re-print of a draft for publication of 'Levitation 101: The BioPhysics of Human Levitation' by by Bruce Smith, an independent writer living in the Olympia area of Washington State.

http://www.americanantigravity.com/levitation101.shtml

ph34r.gif The hundreds of different species of humanoids who visit us in what we call UFOs can not only levitate huge triangular or cigar shaped UFOs, they can also teleport them instantaneously over hundreds of light years.  See UFOs, PSI and Spiritual Evolution by Christopher Humphrey, Ph.D. for evidence of this.

~~~Cebrakon

"I think, my Kepler, we will laugh at the extraordinary stupidity of the multitude.  What do you say of the leading philosophers here (U of Padua) who have never consented to look at the planets, or moon, or telescope?"    Galileo ,19th August 1610

Star Travel by Psionics

#98    Megalomania

Megalomania

Poltergeist

• 2,939 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:40 AM

angry.gif Ask Uri Geller.  He will tell you that the scientists are frauds.  

Roflmao, scientists are frauds. I'm entirely sure.
Come on, Uri Geller might be a fraud.. but scientists?

They don't publish their results.  D. D. Home demonstrated levitation before the crowned heads of Europe in the Victorian Era, and the famous scientists as well.  Do you think such people would allow ropes and pulleys to be installed?  Do you suppose it is easy to fool scientists?  No you are totally wrong.  

I see. That must have changed the world on a very large scale. Such undeniable proof, would make everybody believe in kinetic ability. Sadly, it didn't. I wonder why.

If someone is a psychic, they should hide the fact, and go nowhere near a university.

And of course, tell all of their internet buddies about it.

Such places are like churches; they are devoted to textbook truth and are incapable of learning anything different.

And get accused of witchcraft.

Posted Image

Also read Replaceable

#99    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:22 AM

Roflmao, scientists are frauds. I'm entirely sure.
Come on, Uri Geller might be a fraud.. but scientists?

I actually met Uri Geller once he preformed his spoon bending techniques at a University I was attending.  He does perform in Universities at least he did when I was a student and as far as I know not only in the United States.

They don't publish their results. D. D. Home demonstrated levitation before the crowned heads of Europe in the Victorian Era, and the famous scientists as well.

Results are published and by individuals who have the correct credentials to publish them in scientific periodicals. But other scientist claim there results cannot be repeated. I do not have a problem with believing those who publish supportive articles in relation to psi are being ignored by the other who refuses to acknowledge it.  The truth is some of the most relevant physicist in the world is clearly looking at consciousness in a manner that is pro psi.

I see. That must have changed the world on a very large scale. Such undeniable proof, would make everybody believe in kinetic ability. Sadly, it didn't. I wonder why.

Common RE think about it the effect upon the "economy" of gambling world wide and I am including the stock market to name a few. Thousands of years ago those who had the power to do whatever they wanted decided and here we are today.

If someone is a psychic, they should hide the fact, and go nowhere near a university. Such places are like churches; they are devoted to textbook truth and are incapable of learning anything different.

That's not altogether true but it can be dangerous. It does depend upon the University. In relation to the Church sponsored mystics do in fact exist, most of them were called Saints after they died.  

The hundreds of different species of humanoids who visit us in what we call UFOs can not only levitate huge triangular or cigar shaped UFOs, they can also teleport them instantaneously over hundreds of light years. See UFOs, PSI and Spiritual Evolution by Christopher Humphrey, Ph.D. for evidence of this.

Actually there are all kinds of theories (involving calculus and trig) which show that traveling through space at speeds beyond that of light is at least possible via a mechanistic technology.....

Warp bubble

Micro-Warp Drive

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/glenn/research...p/ideachev.html

The main problem with the speed of light is that it is really, really slow. Lets face it, if a snail could live long enough to circumnavigate the earth (given that it could); at the speed it travels naturally. It would be vastly faster than the speed at which light travels through the Universe and is capable of reaching places at opposite ends. Personally I have often considered the potential of what would happen if one would build a sphere (made of some exotic material) which could spin at near the speed of light, in other word exceeding the electron spin of its structure. In a dialogue with a friend of mind who's formal background was appropriate a conclusion was made. The vehicle would be "corrected" and the resultant effect would be that it would travel to a location. Where in relation to red shift compared to our location (in relation to astronomy) was apparent (about 1/2 billion light years from here) the “correction” would be complete.

In relation to applying psi with respect to space travel your probably taking about a culture whose industrial revolution occurred several billion years ago (To be clear they would not need ships).

And get accused of witchcraft.

RE you know scientist were also subject to such accusations in relation to history and while burning at the stake in a public environment in no longer done. That does not mean that going against the status quo is still dangerous.

Any thoughts?

Edited by Triad, 03 January 2006 - 06:03 AM.

Man is infinite
God is more

#100    Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage

Mutant Gene Nullifier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Fear not...for I am watchful.

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

The human body is not designed nor it needs to produce phenomena like levitation. Everyone that thinks different needs a CT scan.

"Because you're worth it..... "

#101    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:02 PM

In what way is the human body not designed to levitate?

Why would humans not want or need to levitate?

Jesus walked on water according to the Holy Bible, there are roughly about 2 billion Christians as well as Moslems who accept the idea he did levitate.

Then of course there are the Buddhist and they believe levitation is possible as well.

And then add all the other faiths

Are you suggesting that roughly 99% of the world’s population is in need of a CT
scan?

As far as I know those things are expensive man

Man is infinite
God is more

#102    The Skeptic Eric Raven

The Skeptic Eric Raven

Master Blaster

• 11,066 posts

• One day love will find me.....

Posted 03 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

In what way is the human body not designed to levitate?

Why would humans not want or need to levitate?

Jesus walked on water according to the Holy Bible, there are roughly about 2 billion Christians as well as Moslems who accept the idea he did levitate.

Then of course there are the Buddhist and they believe levitation is possible as well.

And then add all the other faiths

Are you suggesting that roughly 99% of the world’s population is in need of a CT
scan?

As far as I know those things are expensive man

The bible is a book of myths. There has never been any proof of lievitation of any sort.

........the sleeper has awoken!
Sometimes we need a kick in the butt to wake us up. Well, I'm up now!Boo ya.

...there are many things in life that will capture your eye, but very few will capture your heart. These are the ones to pursue. These are the ones worth keeping..."

#103    Virtual Particle

Virtual Particle

Government Agent

• 3,424 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 12:06 AM

There has never been any proof of lievitation of any sort.

And neither is there any proof of any sort to suggest that it can’t happen.

The bible is a book of myths

I guess that means you are no prepared to finance CT scans for the earth’s population.

There was a study done several years ago in deepest Africa with respect to a tribe that resided there. This tribe understood what cell phones and also knew about as cars, TVs and VCRs (amongst other things).

The entire tribe was brought together in there regular place of meeting and shown a National Geographic style documentary. Depicting life in major cites within the United States, Europe and Australia. It covered such issues as rush hours, the industry, sporting events and so one.

After the video was shown the indigenous peoples started laughing, they simply could not believe it was possible for people to live like that. They informed the group who was performing the study, that it was inappropriate for them to come to there tribe and treat them like fools. To them what the documentary presented was a fantasy, in every sense no different, than how you are responding ericraven2003 to the issue of Levitation.

To them everything we do is a myth.

Personally I tend to look at all the ancient works as very relevant from the context of morality but as far as being exacting that is another story. Then again there are all the other ancient text which were independently prepared and having unique similarities.

I have no problem with your opinion friend, but to be honest, in relation to concluding that levitation is impossible? My impression is that is also a myth and related to the modern age.

Any thoughts?  

Man is infinite
God is more

#104    Bio-Mage

Bio-Mage

Mutant Gene Nullifier

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Fear not...for I am watchful.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:31 AM

No I dont think its practical to CT scan the whole of humanity but I can finance yours if you like. Its good to help people get better....

"Because you're worth it..... "

#105    blackice

blackice

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 161 posts
  • Location:Netherlands trying to type telekineticly not working yet though :D

• The mind is the most powerfull thing on the world

Posted 04 January 2006 - 11:00 AM

stay nice people  thumbsup.gif

I have no idea if levetation is possible, saying the body is not designed for it is BS as far as i am concurnd. Yes if evolution would want us to fly we would have grown wings, but maybe we are designed for levitation, people just have no scientific evedince of it, well so be it i do not give.
And stop the evidence thingy NO there is no evedince about the pshicic abilitys being true. and NO there are also no studies that show it is impossible!!!!!!

The mind is powerfull and capable of many things!

Blackice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users