Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Christ & Anti-Christ

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31    Pyxis

Pyxis

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

• Well I guess alone is better than dead.

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:05 PM

Mako, I do not wish to argue with you when one of us so obviously knows infinitely more onthe subject than the other. For years I have studied theology and Christianity in particular, and unless you can say the same you have no ground to stand on in this particular discussion. And if you would just open your obviously welded shut eyes you would see that the number of Christians in this country is exponentially increasing, and it will do so until a critical time when Christianity will be able and will become the only religion on this planet. When that happens, people such as you will be completely forgotten and abandoned by your Christian freinds and family.
When the event that you say will not happen does indeed occur, and you are brought before our Lord and Saviour to be judged for all your past actions, He will look into your soul- a soul of a broken and emotionless man; one who was repeatedly blasphemous, and see that you are beyond redemption. And in the last moments, before He casts you into nothingness, perhaps you will see the error of your ways. And since you say people have delivered this prophecy unto you before, they probably also saw your eventual fate- and I doubt a single one of them felt pity. I hope you do not believe that I am being "mean" to you, for I am offering you a path to Salvation, though you will probably not take it.

The false prophet has spoken.

Whoa.  That's some hardcore Christian love right there.    no.gif

"That blog is gonna cause nothing but trouble."

If a broken heart could kill, I'd be long gone.

"Paul Bunyon didn't fight Rodan."

#32    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:36 PM

Mako, I do not wish to argue with you when one of us so obviously knows infinitely more onthe subject than the other.

Why thank you, I am so glad you recognize my superior knowledge of the subject!

For years I have studied theology and Christianity in particular, and unless you can say the same you have no ground to stand on in this particular discussion.

Since you are a mere 18 years of age and I am 64 years of age, have held a degree in history since 1986, work as a research historian, have been a Deist (3rd generation) all my life and studied Christianity (out of self-defense) for most of my adult life, I do believe I have a much better handle on religion and Christianity in particular.  When you challenge someone, it is best to know their bonafides before hand.

And if you would just open your obviously welded shut eyes you would see that the number of Christians in this country is exponentially increasing,

And this is why the number of people confessing to be Christian has fallen from 89% in 1989 to 65% in 2004.   It is so bad that Southern White Churches are actually approaching Hispanic,  Korean and African American Churches wanting to consolidate.  If you don’t believe this, just check the various interdenominational newspaper and see how they are bragging about joining with this “black” church, that  Hispanic church or that Korean church.  Hardly seems like growth to me, seems to be more like slowly dying

and it will do so until a critical time when Christianity will be able and will become the only religion on this planet. When that happens, people such as you will be completely forgotten and abandoned by your Christian freinds and family.

Sorry, but the fastest growing mainstream religion is Islam…Christianity is statistically shrinking by 1% per year, worldwide…Your little superstition has had 2000 years to conquer the world and has failed miserably, from controlling all aspects of daily life  in Europe, the majority to Eurasia and the Americas, since the 1700s, it has shrunk to barely being a majority in the U.S., a miserable 20% of Europe, almost non-existent in Eurasia, a mere 20% of Australia, about 15% of Africa (Islam is 45%) and a bastardized version of Catholicism used in Central/South America.  Hardly a sign of becoming the only religion of the world, more like becoming extinct.

When the event that you say will not happen does indeed occur, and you are brought before our Lord and Saviour to be judged for all your past actions,

Well, he promised to return while the generation he was part of still lived.  He didn’t, so why would he come now, he has already shown what a liar he was!  Besides, Mythra assures us all that it will be Lord Mithra (much copied in the creation of Jesus) that judges us at the end of time!  Mithra has been around longer than Christianity and according to Mythra is still a viable religion, so why should he be the one!

He will look into your soul- a soul of a broken and emotionless man; one who was repeatedly blasphemous, and see that you are beyond redemption.

Any god that is that vindictive is not a god, but a demon instead!  You put lie to the claim that Jesus forgives.  He instead will probably judge you for being judgemental and condemn you to eternal Hell (of course he won’t because he never existed).

And in the last moments, before He casts you into nothingness, perhaps you will see the error of your ways. And since you say people have delivered this prophecy unto you before, they probably also saw your eventual fate- and I doubt a single one of them felt pity. I hope you do not believe that I am being "mean" to you, for I am offering you a path to Salvation, though you will probably not take it.

Tell you what, 10 years from now meet me back here….we will see who will see the error of their ways (and is sure won’t be me).  I don’t want your fake path to a non-existent salvation; the Creator has already shown himself to me and unlike your god with the multiple personality syndrome, he actually does love his creations.  You need to embrace the Creator before you have to stand in front of him and explain why you followed such an evil religion.  He will forgive you, but the embarrassment of explaining will not be pleasant.

The false prophet has spoken.

– Yep, you definitely got the name right…..
yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#33    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 16 December 2005 - 06:55 PM

Well antichrist will be here to decieve the followers of Jesus. It is going to be a rough time at the end times. This is why we have to get barcodes or chips to buy grocerys and stuff when that time comes. But the thing is this. If God knows this and he has provided us with this info. Then we should be prepared. I was told that it would be very hard. And to die a Christian rather then survive would be best.

If I were in a situation I would be scared. But I would surely think I could find a way to feed and clothe my daughter. I do know how to grow vegatables and stuff. Perhaps a person could even do as much as gather fruit from the mountains or groves?

The way is to not be decieved by him. God will provide for his people so I will not be too afraid. God's grace is sufficient.

> he he 101 has spoken.  wub.gif

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#34    Lord Umbarger

Lord Umbarger

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,553 posts

• The propeller isn't there to move the plane through the air. It's there to keep the pilot cool. See how much he sweats when it stops running? (!)

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:28 AM

Sometimes it's just SO much easier to just be Jewish!

To most people the sky is the limit, to those who fly, the sky is home.
If you don't have brains, you'd better have money!
The FAAs new motto,  "WE'RE not happy until YOU'RE not happy!"
http://www.facebook.com/ThePIRGpage

#35    64lowrider

64lowrider

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 85 posts

• I have a chopper bike

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:57 AM

To keep people on their toes...there cannot be a rebirth of jesus all of the time, but if there is an antichrist around, folks feel scared and inspired to be involved with the church.

It is a great marketing plan...a great way to keep control over people. Never in the history of mankind will the church say that things are going peachy...they will say whatever is necessary to keep people glued to the pews and dropping 20's into the plate as it passes by...

thats just sad... no.gif how can you say that religion is a big buisness?

Edited by 64lowrider, 17 December 2005 - 01:58 AM.

Peacock Customs
Custom Bicycles And Bicycle Design

www.freewebs.com/nzchopper

#36    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:29 AM

Check out the profit margins for the largest churches in your area(If the release the information; many do not as they have taken a lot of heat for the millions they bring in and spread amongst themselves).

The history of the catholic church makes it pretty clear that the church is no more that a big business, and in their case, a very profitable one. It isn't limited to the catholic church, they just happen to be the best example and easier to find information on. The power of controlling a persons everlasting life, and the threat of everlasting torture if they should fall out of favor with a church has a way of opening purse strings.

It is sad but true.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#37    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:35 AM

Have you seen how much money ruins the various churchs? HBas many has a lot of corporation. Did you see the Catholic Church for example? And not all the money is spend in charity works...in fact, just an small part.

I´m an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#38    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,079 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE(FluffyBunny)
Check out the profit margins for the largest churches in your area(If the release the information; many do not as they have taken a lot of heat for the millions they bring in and spread amongst themselves).

The history of the catholic church makes it pretty clear that the church is no more that a big business, and in their case, a very profitable one. It isn't limited to the catholic church, they just happen to be the best example and easier to find information on. The power of controlling a persons everlasting life, and the threat of everlasting torture if they should fall out of favor with a church has a way of opening purse strings.

It is sad but true.

What is your definition of "largest church"?  I know in America you have churches with thousands of members.  We have (that I know of) one church that fits that description in the whole of Australia.  That is Hillsong and is based on your American style of worship.  

A massive church here in down-under would be 500 members.  My church has 120 members (a 400% increase from 4 years ago by the way when we had only 30).  The last budget meeting I was at showed that money going out was more than money coming in.  We had to borrow a hundred thousand dollars from the Diocese of Sydney.

Yeah, massive profit margins, right no.gif

QUOTE(FluffyBunny)
and the threat of everlasting torture if they should fall out of favor with a church has a way of opening purse strings

Sorry, had to focus on this.  I know it's offtopic, but it needs to be said.  I started a poll "What is your perception of hell" for this specific purpose.  Now, amongst believers and skeptics alike, only 13% of people here actually believe the Christian idea of hell to involve torture and damnation (and that includes skeptics - remember, the poll wanted people's perception of hell, not their actual belief on it).

Here is a link to that poll if you want to check it out.  

So, if not even the skeptics have this perception, and they are the ones arguing against Christianity, do you honestly think this statement makes sense?

But the thread is about the anti-Christ, not hell.  I have never heard anyone.... EVER.... yell "THE ANTI-CHRIST IS NIGHT! REPENT".  It might be an American thing, I don't know.  But not over here mate.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#39    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:04 AM

Just because your church is broke does not mean that they all are. That is your experience and that is fine. Perhaps a look at the money of the vatican will give you an idea of what I am talking about.

But the thread is about the anti-Christ, not hell. I have never heard anyone.... EVER.... yell "THE ANTI-CHRIST IS NIGHT! REPENT". It might be an American thing, I don't know. But not over here mate.

You'd be surprised how often it happens, on this site and in this country. I cant speak for any other countries as I do not live in any other countries, but it is a common occurance here. I am glad it is not an experience for you, consider yourself lucky. Again just because you have not experienced where you are does not mean that my claim does not make sense. There are many people here that know what I am talking about here...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#40    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,079 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:11 AM

Fair enough.  I don't really want to argue, but I'm not Catholic, nor do I agree with much of what they teach and do.  And most mainstream Christians will agree and say there should be some kind of break between us and them.  

In order to be a successful business venture a church needs to have thousands of members, like they have in America.  Our largest church is about 500 (maybe 600), except for Hillsong, which is American in nature anyway, and I can't say I agree too much with the way they do things either.

But now we're arguing semantics.  Sorry blush.gif

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#41    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 17 December 2005 - 03:12 AM

I still thank that the catholic church dont make that comernts in public at least....

I´m an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#42    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:17 PM

Well antichrist will be here to decieve the followers of Jesus. It is going to be a rough time at the end times. This is why we have to get barcodes or chips to buy grocerys and stuff when that time comes. But the thing is this. If God knows this and he has provided us with this info. Then we should be prepared. I was told that it would be very hard. And to die a Christian rather then survive would be best.

If I were in a situation I would be scared. But I would surely think I could find a way to feed and clothe my daughter. I do know how to grow vegatables and stuff. Perhaps a person could even do as much as gather fruit from the mountains or groves?

The way is to not be decieved by him. God will provide for his people so I will not be too afraid. God's grace is sufficient.

> he he 101 has spoken.  wub.gif

I thought the anti-Christ would be here to do alot more than just decieve the 'followers'. I figured they were going to be here to try and own everything and everyone in sight.

ABSOLUTION

#43    RisenPrism

RisenPrism

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• If home is where the heart is, then my home is about 27 miles outside of Phoenix..........

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

Riiiiiiggghhhhhhhtttttttttt---Mako, please. Since neither one of us can prove their age or their credentials( you don't know that I'm 18, I don't know that you're 64- we have only each others word on that matter; and niether one of us knows the other's experience in theology). What is the point in continuing this discussion? My proof is this: were you really the theology expert that you claim to be, you would see that Christianity is not even close to what you say it is. Were you really the very intelligent person you claim to be, you would realize that people often lie about their ages in forums. I could be 6, I could be 96, you don't know. And that elderly gentleman in your profile could very well be your father.
      Religious studies in my family go back 4 generations- I doubt you could say the same about yours. My great grandfather was a minister for God's sake!My point is that this argument has no point, and before you go around saying things about people you don't know perhaps you should do a little research.

Signature removed, exceeds 500x150 size limit

#44    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:44 AM

Age is irrelevant at this point. However, you have yet to refute mako's claims and statistics. Interesting...

Posted Image

#45    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 18 December 2005 - 08:46 PM

Age is irrelevant at this point. However, you have yet to refute mako's claims and statistics. Interesting...

I was going to point that out but you did.

FP why don't you PM a MOD (i think just about any MOD could do)  and ask them if they believe Mako is 64 and you are 18. They have a way to look at your IP address.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users