Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

RAF Ghost Photograph

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 06:09 PM

user posted image

This is the picture of a group of RAF soldiers in 1917. The picture was taken. When it was developed, they noticed the presence of an extra face on the film. It was of Freddy Jackson, who had been killed three days prior to the photograph being taken. He had accidentally stumbled into a propeller.                                                

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. – Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. – Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. – Minquass

#2    Althalus

Althalus

Alien Abducter

• 4,906 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 06:25 PM

I've put yes, it is a real photo of a ghost.

But it could be a double exposure of the mans head, the shadows are right, but that would not explain the fact that one is wearing a hat and the other is not.  

"We make choices everyday, some of them good, some of them bad. And - if we are strong enough - we live with the consequences."
— David Gemmell

#3    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 07:34 PM

I voted yes as well.   :sd

I’m not quite sure how you can stumble into a propeller though.  ???

Tommy

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

#4    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 09:13 PM

I believe that he stumbled into a propeller while the plane was on the runway idling. Not a nice thought.

Also, why does the ghost's face have shadows at all?
eek7.gif

I believe it is a real ghost. One of the few I've seen photographs of.                                                

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

#5    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 16 March 2002 - 10:37 PM

I voted yes  as well.
        It certainly is spooky looking.   :s09

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#6    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 16 March 2002 - 10:56 PM

I just cannot  believe it is a picture of a ghost.  There must be some other explanation.

It is spooky looking though.
:s09 :s09

#7    Mystify

Mystify

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 16 March 2002 - 11:42 PM

Just a theory....

Someone felt left out (who looks familiar to this dead dude) and wanted to get in on the pic or accidentally got in on it???

I'm here today because of the past, i respect my self and all i have become and there for i do not regret the road i've walked.

#8    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 March 2002 - 03:38 PM

This picture rides on one fact that the image captured was of a man three days dead.  The simplest explanation is that the timing was wrong and it was before his death.

If not then this is probably one of the most convincing ghost photos i've seen.

never take me too seriously

#9    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 07:34 PM

I would agree with you PS but for a few details:

--Everyone else in the photo is standing clearly in view in regimented rows - the other figure is behind and out of place

--All the other officers are wearing hats - ie. complete uniform for their photo but the other figure has no hat

--If the figure wanted to be on the photo, why not stand plainly in view like everyone else?

--As for the timing, I cannot say that the dates were accurate, but I can say that nobody ever raised such an objection at the time or since

:s09                                                

#10    GIZZIE

GIZZIE

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 08:24 PM

Before I vote yes,which I would like to do.  Is there any possibility of seeing the photo without the closeup ring which prevents (me) from seeing the whole picture?

If he fell into the prop, maybe he was leaning over too far (as in he was cleaning it?).  Horrid death, poor man.

Swallows are the dolphins of the sky

#11    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 08:36 PM

I don't have a pic without the closeup. But if you google search for 'Freddy Jackson' or Raf ghost photos, you could probably find one.

The guy walked into the propeller as it was turning and got diced. Is that any clearer? I was trying to be a little bit tactful.... good grief!!      lol

eek7.gif                                                

#12    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 17 March 2002 - 09:38 PM

Yeah he was probably starting the engine and lost his balance.  Yeah, your right LB about the hat and why he didn't stand in view - photos in those days had very long exposures and so everyone would of had to pose for a few seconds as opposed to todays snaps which are taken in an instant an therefore sometimes catch people off guard.

never take me too seriously

#13    GIZZIE

GIZZIE

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 March 2002 - 09:59 PM

Loon Boy

Don't you Good Grief me you Loon Boy You!!  :D
I cannot believe that anyone just walk into a propeller - How many feet are they off the ground  ??? We're not talking gliders here.  We're probably talking Spits etc.
Purple Stuart possibly has the answer, but Freddy should have let go!!    why didn't anyone tell him??

Sorry LB, but you did tell us that he got mashed by a propeller  by walking into it- I couldn't resist questioning it - you did say that we only find the truth by questioning, didn't you?  ;D

I sort of think it's real and the very best photo of a ghost I've ever seen, apart from the real thing of course.

Swallows are the dolphins of the sky

#14    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 12:13 AM

GOOD GRIEF you just want all the grisly details....it's supposed to be a thread on ghosts not on bodily dismemberment... lol

eek7.gif                                                

#15    Tommy

Tommy

Psychic Spy

• 1,846 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 01:11 AM

[blue]
why does the ghost's face have shadows at all?
[/blue]

Why wouldn't it have a shadow? Surely the only way we percieve entities to be 3D is for them to have some form of shadow, or differences in shade around it.  Or am I talking jiberish?  ???

Tommy  :s09

"Superstition created all the gods and angels, all the devils and ghosts, all the witches, demons and goblins, gave us all the augurs, soothsayers and prophets, filled the heavens with signs and wonders, broke the chain of cause and effect, and wrote the history of man in miracles and lies" ~ Robert Green Ingersoll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users