Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

God intervenes or delights himself?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1    QueryAnalyzer

QueryAnalyzer

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:34 AM

This is an issue that I've asked myself many times. I will state my inquiry.

Many people say "God will provide", meaning that they are waiting for an intervention from God to give them food or money or whatever. Ok, my point is that this kind of attitude in life just leads to chaos, to become a parasite of society, feeding on the people that are really working something out in the world.

Then, there are the other kind of people. The ones I really admire. The ones that work until exhaustion, and then Thank god for the day they've had. That's excellent. They know God will provide only if they work their asses off.  Missionaries also are just great. Giving their lives to help others, without even earning a a penny.

I really think the first kind of people I mention just hurt religion in ways they can't imagine. But unfortunatedely they are the ones that people hear the most. They are the ones that go preaching about God to everyone and it's kind of sick, because they dont do sh!t for nobody.

So I just hope people understand God delights himself watching its children work their lives out. This world urgently needs people of this kind.
And for all the Christians, remember the discipleship of Jesus was first to go out and give his example, even when people just laugh at him, and then talk about God...I really hope Christian could be this way, not the hypocrites most of them are...

Thanks  original.gif

#2    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 07:42 AM

Many people say "God will provide", meaning that they are waiting for an intervention from God to give them food or money or whatever.

Not necessarily, they may pray for it as they are trying to earn a living.

Ok, my point is that this kind of attitude in life just leads to chaos, to become a parasite of society, feeding on the people that are really working something out in the world.

Without the parasites, there would be no hosts, and a lack of missionaries you claim are "great".

ones that work until exhaustion

What's the point of working until exhaustion? That's not necessary. However, your relationship with God (non-physical) I thought would hold more admiration. Just a thought.

Giving their lives to help others, without even earning a a penny.

In the back of some of their minds, I'm sure they're thinking they are earning a way to heaven. And missionary work is getting them "points". Especially to those that believe in karma. If you give, then you will receive.

So I just hope people understand God delights himself watching its children work their lives out.

How do you know this?

Posted Image

#3    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 21 December 2005 - 08:56 AM

The funny thing is, the New Testament is filled with examples of the disciples earning their way, plying their trade to earn a living, despite the fact that the early churches could have, and were willing to  support them.

Many ignore this though.

Regards, PA

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#4    pbarosso

pbarosso

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 10:23 AM

why dont you ask god?

the pursuit of knowledge will force you to pick a side. Choose wisely.
                                                --me

#5    dan-o

dan-o

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• Endings are heartless
    I've never met one equal to "once upon a time".

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:04 AM

Wow, alot of assuming going on.

Death--the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.
Walter Scott

"Funny thing about weekends, they don't mean as much to the unemployed; just means you get to hang out with your working friends."
-Primus

Posted Image

#6    Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

Unorthodox Thesis

• 1,536 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:40 PM

Proverbs 3:1-2 "My son, do not forget my law, but let your heart keep my commands;
For length of days and long life and peace they will add to you."

John 15:10-12 "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love. "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you, and that your joy may be full. "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you."

According to the Bible, if we keep God's commands, then He will bless us. The only thing unconditional, is His love. However, he will not involve Himself into your personal affairs of life, if you do not involve Him into your personal affairs. He will bless you and provide for you whatever you need if He is in your life.

Proverbs 25:21 "If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink;"

God, however, has set up a guideline, by which His blessings will be initiated by us. If we love everyone as much as we love ourselves, then everyone should get enough to eat.
happy.gif

#7    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,082 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 03 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

God helps those who help themselves

God will not come to the aid of those who refuse to try; we must exert ourselves if we want to succeed.

thumbsup.gif

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#8    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,554 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 03 January 2006 - 05:29 PM

My fiance is a debt collector and he has actually had debtors tell him that they don't have to pay their bill because 'God will provide."

Just another way to NOT take personal responsibility for yourself.

Embrace the impossible.

#9    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,930 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 04 January 2006 - 05:18 AM

^^ w00t.gif

If GOd would have provided, they wouldn't have needed the loan/credit card in the first place yes.gif

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#10    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 04 January 2006 - 04:33 PM

God helps those who help themselves

God will not come to the aid of those who refuse to try; we must exert ourselves if we want to succeed.

thumbsup.gif

God helps those who help themselves, who do not play God.

Edited by PFlack, 04 January 2006 - 04:34 PM.

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users