Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Criss Angel levitation explained

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#91    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 09:46 PM

Did he ever claim that he uses magic to do his tricks?

#92    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:59 AM

^ question directed to those who say he's a fraud. Edit button disappeared on above post.

#93    Finolin

Finolin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:52 PM

lol Chris angel is a master of allusion and sleight of hand. He does things not even i have been able to perfect yet. I do a wide variety of card tricks and allusions and some of the things he does i cant even wrap my mind around. I have been doing tricks for years now and its a good form of entertainment for my kids and others. But thats all it is, entertainment. so "trying" to figure out what he does and calling him a fake over it is rediculous because he doesnt use superntural powers lol.

#94    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• 1,106 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:01 PM

View PostFinolin, on 26 October 2010 - 03:52 PM, said:

so "trying" to figure out what he does and calling him a fake over it is rediculous because he doesnt use superntural powers lol.

Nor does he claim to. I find it amusing how people jump to the accusation of him being a fraud/fake/scammm etc lol.

#95    the2twenty

the2twenty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:49 PM

i cant believe this is even being discussed. the guy cant really levitate. im sure extraordinary things happen everyday, but this is not a miracle, this is not "Magic" this is a street trick. with people in on the illusion. TV trickery and smoke and mirrors. Illusions have been around for thousands of years. they say they even have a hieroglyph of the cup and balls on an ancient Egyptian tomb. im glad people like to believe in the magic of these performers, but you have to admit that if the man could fly, he would be saving a crapload of money on gas. the trick is to do a short one foot "levitation" and film a street crowd reacting. later go back and do the "trick" again with people standing in for the people on the street. you would usually see the backs of the people as he is "Levitating". then with the stand-ins watching, you use a crane with wires to lift you up, later removing the wires in the editing room. then cut back to the real crowd's reaction, then back to him levitating with the crane. it is television magic. im not saying this is how he does all of his tricks, this is just one example. hell i can even do the short 3 inch levitation. it isnt hard. its in a standard magic book. you can now even go buy his stupid little magic kit that comes with a DVD on levitation. go at it folks.

#96    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

chris angel is a trickster. nothing more. illusionists are liars who entertain you using your own gullibility.

#97    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,167 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostJGirl, on 18 December 2010 - 07:36 PM, said:

chris angel is a trickster. nothing more. illusionists are liars who entertain you using your own gullibility.

And they get a pretty good paycheck for doing so. Maybe not so much for those that pull a dead rabbit out of the hat though. Magic is for kids.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#98    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,936 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 18 December 2010 - 07:55 PM, said:

And they get a pretty good paycheck for doing so. Maybe not so much for those that pull a dead rabbit out of the hat though. Magic is for kids.
they get no money from me.
btw
i thought 'trix' were for kids

#99    regandpip

regandpip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:15 PM

Hey I havn't seen chris angels version of the levitation trick, is it the same as David Blaines? if so it's done using a method called the Balducci levetation plus TV editing. One of my old hobbies is magic, i'm more into card tricks then tricks like this. Anyway Its in many a book and on dvds I used to be a member of a magic site were you paid a yearly fee and then could watch dvds and read books over the net, they had a forum that discussed the levitation trick in great detail. So yeah, Balducci levetation.  :)

#100    regandpip

regandpip

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 11:44 PM

View Postjimmywhiteeagle, on 09 October 2009 - 06:11 AM, said:

has anyone considered that criss angel may well be a ET a lot of people are saying hes pretending to be jesus or evil, perhaps I feel that in the very near future we will hear a lot more from criss, lets be open minded people

WOW! Now that is funny  :yes: I sometimes think I'm gullible for believing some of the things I do, but... come on... Angels?, ET's?  :blink: . All the tricks seen on any of the magic TV shows are planned to the very last detail with backup plans and backstage people running around making sure everything goes smoothly. They use editing to show only the best reactions. For example:

ACT 1: They film the magician levitating using the Balducci method in front of an audience

Act 2: They reshoot the levitation with no audience, this time using wires or 'lifts' to make him levitate a lot higher

Step 3: They go back to the studio and edit the 2 shoots together.

Result: On TV it know looks as though the audience are reacting to the magician levitating 6ft up in the air, when in reality those reactions are from the first shoot.

#101    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,110 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:26 AM

Take the name Jennifer write it on your chest. walk around Vegas, ask any random guy to think of someone he cares about. If it's Jennifer show him your chest, film his reaction. Do this for  three days, with cards, whatever. You will have plenty of reactions to film to get people to come to your shows. It's not even illusions, it's statistics.

Edited by Seeker79, 19 December 2010 - 01:28 AM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#102    stiggyh

stiggyh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:14 PM

for the debunkers ... explain this :  http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaejod_mass-levitation-by-chris-angel_fun

#103    stiggyh

stiggyh

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

then please explain this :http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaejod_mass-levitation-by-chris-angel_fun

#104    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,176 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:25 PM

View Poststiggyh, on 01 September 2011 - 03:18 PM, said:

then please explain this :http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xaejod_mass-levitation-by-chris-angel_fun

I've seen him in Vegas doing his "street magic".  He involves many actors and a lot of camera antics/film cuts.  Still pretty cool.

He is an illusionist.  Magic isn't real.

Here are some explanations of various tricks.

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#105    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,176 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 01 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

Even he says there is no "magic".

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users