Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Ochil Hills Hospital

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#1    Mickey

Mickey

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 01:57 PM

Now I have tried to look everywhere for information on this but haven't found nothing at all. Ochil Hills Hospital is just outside Milnathort, which is in Fife/Perthshire in Scotland, UK!!!! It is a massive huge old building from the 1600's it looks very old, and feels very eery when your there. It's a 5 minute drive out town through farm roads, until you enter deep woods which has a badly injured road full of pot holes and cracks for about a further 4/5 minutes. You then come to a gate which is closed and locked so you can't take your car up. Me, my 3 friends and one of their girlfriends went up so there were 5 of us in total. We had to walk up this semi step hill for about another 5 minutes then we saw the it round the corner. I didn't like the feeling I got when I was there at all. It was dark but you could still see everything perfectly. Me & my 2 friends had 1 torch. My other friend and his girl had 1 torch.

U know how you get something that catches your eye. I kept getting that everytime I looked up at all the broken windows and below was entrances you can get into no problem but it was pitch black, so this time we all went in. I didnt want to so I ended up being at the back since I didnt want to wait outside myself. While we were going through I kept getting a shivery feeling and as if seomone else was walking at the back of me even though there wasnt. It was really weird. We saw old fireplaces and everything but we left after a few minutes. I still couldn't get over the size of the place it was massive and basically in the middle of nowhere. There were little huts further up the hill (ovbioulsy a part of the hospital) and we walked up and in one of them a wall was covered in tiny chinese writing, and I mean covered. there was barely any room at all to even wrtie your name with a marker (not that I do that) but you get the point.

We walked round the side of the massive structure itself away from the huts and saw what we thought was the place where they put bodies or something. We saw a big chimney that was quite thin and probably about 50 feet tall. But as we walked past it, we could smell burning, like really strong and by this time I wanted to go. I didnt think that ME, that I could experience something like this. I watch all this on TV and believe in it but I never expect it to happen. So we walked round the other side and by this time everything seemed normal, but my friend said that that's where they would have burned bodies ?? I don't know though, he also said that the nurses supposadly locked all the patients in the rooms and left them for dead, but first I didnt believe it but then looked up and down at the place, looking at all the windows and everything. What's weird though is when I looked at the windows, you could see hospital beds headrests half hanging out the windows as if they had been broken from the Inside (even though it's basically impossible to get up to the upper levels, as there are no stairs or nothing else we could find. There were some hospital beds lying around outside on the ground etc. but when I looked at the top to what was possibly the attic, I saw two window frames (as the glass was broken) pushed up. This could have only been done from somebody inside, so I started to belive it. By this time my friends girlfriend had noticed a small metalic tray, which was smoking. U know the trays you get take-away foods in? It was like that but upside down with a few small circles holes on it which the smoke was coming out. We were still standing in the same place at that point (round the back of the chimney thing) so we were deciding who should kick it!!! I didnt want to but it got kicked by my friend, and when he kicked it over, what was in it was Ashes!!!!

By that point I didnt even wait around for everyone to agree to leave, I just left without question. So did every1. It was like it was a message or something??

I know it sounds f**** up and fake but honestly, all that happend plus more (which would take ages to write) What's your thoughts? cause I've never actually had anything like this happen before or seen a board of this type before!!  

#2    Abducted

Abducted

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 231 posts

Posted 27 August 2003 - 08:22 PM

wow,creepy,go inside and explore more,i would.

#3    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 28 August 2003 - 12:51 AM

That sounds like a fascinating experience, and a very scary place
          to be walking around at night.  I know that feeling you mentioned
          having when you felt like someone was behind you!  And that must be
          a hard decision to make when you go to a place like that ~ if you go
         with, you might see something scary, but if you wait outside.....alone?
          I think I'd have to take my chances with the others.   wink2.gif

btw,  welcome to the board!   wavey.gif  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#4    TheOracle

TheOracle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,031 posts

• Artistic, quiet, musician Member of the
    Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Ad mortem fidelis.

Posted 28 August 2003 - 01:49 AM

Welcome aboard Mickey original.gif

If it was me I would find someone to go back with you and do some exploring. Take a couple of cameras and and something to record any sound. If you can get hold of a video camera as well that's even better. Would be very interested to hear more and see any photos or footage you might get thumbsup.gif  

Never play Leap Frog with a Unicorn.

#5    BuhiBuhi-Kun

BuhiBuhi-Kun

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 289 posts

• "For the last time, Demons don't have stink nuggets...."

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:20 AM

Wow!,
   do tell more!!  Dang, I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the rest of the story.  Too bad you couldn't record some of your next trip and upload it here.....

自分 お 知る
Nosce te Ipsum
Know thyself
I cannot stress this more.

#6    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 09:51 AM

hey there ive been looking for info about this place for about 2 year n finally i have found some! have u guys been to ochil hills? i went almost 2 years ago now with a friend, her brother and his gf and at that time you could drive right up to the door of the building. we went inside and it was pitch black and we only had one torch. we went upstairs and into the room and tried to go down to the basement but the stairs were to unsteady. i wonder what happened up at ochil hills because it really does look like who ever was there left in a hurry because all the furniture was still in the place although most of it had been broken by vandals. the rumour at the time was that it was an old mental hospital where they actually gave people electric shock treatment...dunno if thats true! but i did ask my gran who lived in the area for almost 50 years and ahe said she thinks it was maybe a hospital fro people with tb to keep them away from others so people in surrounding villages wouldnt get infected but she was unsure. my great gran also worked in a mental hospital in the area in around 1921. does any1 know anything about this place??????????????

#7    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 September 2003 - 07:23 PM

right just did some research and found out that my gran was right ochil hills was used to house people with tb in the 1950s but before this it was known as ochil hills sanatorium for thos ewith mental health problems. will add more as i find more out!

#8    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:54 PM

20th September me and my friends about 10 of us went up to the hospital, the gate at the front of the road was open but shut when we went back home. After going up I read your post and may not have went up in the first place if I had came accross if before. Anyway we could not get round the front at all because the land was 2 bad we tryed 2 go int he side door but the floor had caved in just after the front reception, we then went round the side and managed to get in a room that looked like a kitchen, it was very scary and we did not go in any further as it did not look safe at all. Then we went round towards the chimney and found a buliding that had alot of electrics that did not look that old or mybe they were just built to last. Everyone felt very spooked by now and there was a defanate eirey feeling. We did not dare look around anymore and decided to head home. We would go back up as we are more intrested than ever to find out the truth about this place.....

#9    Nie

Nie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• The truth is out there... Can someone give me the URL?...

Posted 22 September 2003 - 01:27 PM

Great story!!! My hands are glued to the chair has i write this post! Ill try to do some background research bout that place and ill tell if i find something.
Oh, and the large chimney, it is common (in old hospitals) to have a separate, large chamber, an incenerator for the medical suplies who do not get used, boxes, medicine packages, ect. I dont think they would have a large chimney like that for the cremation process, looks like gestapo stuff.

#10    Nie

Nie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 63 posts

• The truth is out there... Can someone give me the URL?...

Posted 22 September 2003 - 02:14 PM

I found something, not much.
There is a hospital in Ochil Hills, Milnathort, who closed in 1987, but dont really know if it the same. I found this info here:

Click here

This hospital was probably a sanatorium, i found reference to this in a fight agains tb site:

http://www.electricscotland.com/history/mc...tyre/chap19.htm

Finaly the hospital was already opened in 1905, i found car licences registered in the name of the Ochil hills sanatorium, from 1905 to 1917:

http://www.fdca.org.uk/Kinross_Licences.htm

#11    shaks_1

shaks_1

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:08 PM

[FONT=Impact][FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=blue]

Oh my god that place is so scary im still getting nightmares. Ive been up a couple of times and it never changes its always creepy.

A big group of us went up last saturday night with torches but still no one went right in the building just took a couple of steps.  Everything is still that way it must have been years ago like nothing has been moved.

I hear that people were electracuted then burnt where the massive chimney was. Scary stuff likes!

Oh and it used to be a mental hospital which then turned into a hospital for treating TB so i dont think that many people left the place alive!!!!!

So if anyone has more stories then please email me!

#12    mikey276

mikey276

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:59 PM

Ochil Hills Hospital is truly a freaky place, me and my dawgs hope to reach the upper levels soon.  It really is like something out of a movie, the town at the bottom of the hill (Milnathort).  The long winding dirt track uphill full of potholes, the trees surrounding all around you then after about ten minutes driving you will see the silhouette of the hospital appearing unexpectedly, then your sitting with your headlights shinning on the hospital.  Its amazing how such a huge building is stuck on the side of a hillrange in the middle of nowhere.  If your thinking of going up there....go, its well worth it, but take at least four people with you, a torch for each person and a baseball bat.  My mates have found squatters sheltering in the wards before and didnt take too kindly to them being there.  Great night out tho,  does anyone else know of somewhere else similar?

#13    s*t*a*r*m*a*n

s*t*a*r*m*a*n

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (mikey276 @ Sep 22 2003, 07:59 PM)
Ochil Hills Hospital is truly a freaky place, me and my dawgs hope to reach the upper levels soon.  It really is like something out of a movie, the town at the bottom of the hill (Milnathort).  The long winding dirt track uphill full of potholes, the trees surrounding all around you then after about ten minutes driving you will see the silhouette of the hospital appearing unexpectedly, then your sitting with your headlights shinning on the hospital.  Its amazing how such a huge building is stuck on the side of a hillrange in the middle of nowhere.  If your thinking of going up there....go, its well worth it, but take at least four people with you, a torch for each person and a baseball bat.  My mates have found squatters sheltering in the wards before and didnt take too kindly to them being there.  Great night out tho,  does anyone else know of somewhere else similar?

My mates have found squatters sheltering in the wards before and didnt take too kindly to them being there.

Hey thats funny mikey276 original.gif
You didnt take too kindly to them being there? Hey they can stay there as long as they like as far as i am concerned. Its not exactly butlins and it does remind me of one of those typical horror movies where they all go into the building and you just know its not a good idea. Wasnt it always the one at the back that disappeared first?  grin2.gif I wonder if its a listed building? the smoking ash if true is just a little freaky guys, lets just hope its a heavy smoker that caused it. I dont think going up the levels especially at night is a good idea simply because its probably rather dangerous from a health and safety perspective.

#14    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:03 PM

Just want to ask the people who went in what way did you go in? the side door that we tryed 2 go in had no floor after the marble entrance. Did you go in through the door that is near the chimney or another entrance furhter round? madd shitt its so weerd!

#15    Nintendork

Nintendork

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 443 posts

• One day i will rule this

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:35 PM

Reminds me of This chilling tale. complete with pics

change the number at the end to see all the pics. WARNING:very scary

Is adult entertainment killing our children, or is killing our children entertaining adults?

The reason Sants's so jolly is because he knows where all the naughty children live!-george carlin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users