Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 3 votes

Ochil Hills Hospital

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#16    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 September 2003 - 10:47 AM

Made it too the top of the building up an old set of marble stairs looked around for the hut but could not see it. The basement got the better of us tho and we never made it along just went down the stairs and had a look but never went along. Loads and loads of wires and fuel tanks and two big chambers that were shut on the top, we found an old phone that looked about 50's or 60's loads of spray paint everywhere one of the many quotes "I Dare You, Shitebags" pretty silly. Anyway I have head since that it is a hangout for some people and the police are called up regularly to move them on. Fun while it lasted I suppose.  

Attached Images

• http___shearerzendomagga.homestead.com_files_scooobz.jpg

#17    Orgirl69

Orgirl69

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 10:54 PM

You know, I'm fairly new to these boards, but I work in a hospital and had to check out this thread.  Far be it from me to dispel the myths, but from the pics that DarkStar posted, the place just looked to me like a modern hospital that people abandoned in a hurry.

Pic 14/15 are modern lighting equipment circa 1970s
Pic 16 looks like the entrance to an operating suite complete with the "Do not enter without authorization" sign that hangs on the entrance to our operating room.
Pic 19 looks like a fairly modern waiting room
and Pic 23 looks like the elevator at a hospital which I used to work at.
Some of those pictures of broken doors and tiled walls are reminiscent of some of the operating room suites that I've been in that were built during the sixties (note the hideous color).

Here in the states, we have a few hospitals that shut down during the eighties, when the healthcare system was having trouble staying afloat.  Some of those shut down in one day...the staff came in that morning, was told to ready their patients to be transferred to another facility and then go home.  Most of those hospitals were operating in the red for quite sometime and one day the money just ran dry and they shut their doors that day.

In fact, we have one of those near where I live and most of the furniture, accesories, equipment and other stuff that couldn't be utilized by other facilities has just remained in place.  Other than what vandals have damaged, that is.  I have to say the scariest thing about those pics was what people had spray-painted on the walls and what had been damaged.

That's not to say that this Ochil Hills wasn't a mental institution or a TB sanitarium at one time or that abandoned hospitals aren't scary as hell, but it looked to me that this place was used as a regular hospital until it was abandoned.

Also, a note about the chimney:  Most older institutions have incinerators like the one you all talk about.  They were used to incinerate laundry that was soiled beyond use, used medical supplies, old specimens, and other hazardous waste.  Since the age of AIDS, the government here has put high standards on the handling of biohazardous materials and so most of that stuff now is either totally disposable and sent to large plants that handle biohazardous waste, or, if not disposable, sent outside the hospital to be laundered and/or resterilized.  

I might also add that the hospital I worked at previously had a ghost on the second floor (operating rooms and sterile supply).  The hospital was built during the early 60s, and during the 1970s, a nurse working the graveyard shift hung herself from one of the lights in the surgical suite.  There were some older ladies that worked in supply when I worked there and they would refuse to work after hours if they were alone.  Doors would open and shut, lights came on and footsteps could be heard in the back hall.  THAT was a creepy place and it was and is still a fully functioning hospital.  

Anyway, I guess that's more information that you all needed, but I thought I would share...sorry I rambled on more than I thought
crying.gif

#18    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 12:22 PM

ohmy.gif
when i wen t upto ochil hills we went in the front entrance where there is a marble floor as i remember. we walked along the hall and in some of the room and we had to jump over the holes int he floor boards we only had obe torch between 4 of us and it was quite scary, we went up the stairs on to the second level where there was another long corridor and a lot more rooms.then we found an old staircase with a banister.the floor of is staircase was tiled and looked really old. the other 2 girls stood insid ethe doorway to the stairs and the guy and myself stood outside. i was standing on top of an old matress when i felt it slipping from below my feet like it was sinking and the guy had to grab me. there was a huge hole underneath the mattress and if he hadnt grabbed me i would have fallen right through the floor.
its ounds bad but we signed our names on a black metal door or something where loads of people had done the same..i think this was on the second floor. we wrote...niki, saz, caz n bobla so if u happen 2 see them thats my lot lol.  thumbsup.gif when we came out the bulding we walked around the back and saw the large chimney and there was something taht looked like an incenarator and the guy said that they wouldhave had used taht to burn the bodies after the people had died.
ochil hills was definaltley a sannatorium as i also found car licence registratyion things on the net from around 1905-1917 that were registered to the building.
this polace is very creepy an dvery eeire and really intrigues me!
its been 2 years since i went up but i really wanna go again to see if its changed any!
if any1 wants 2 email me bout ochil hills please do on monkeyonamoped@hotmail.com with subject as ochil hills!!!
Sarah xxx
ps. does ne1 have any photos????

#19    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:21 AM

i would love to see some photos of that place, this place is in the uk?
i gotta take a trip over there sometime in the future

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#20    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 04:47 PM

yea the building is in some hills near a place called milnathort in scotland! very creepy get urself over here 4 a look!!!!  thumbsup.gif  

#21    mikey276

mikey276

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 06:29 PM

Ive heard rumours that the site is to be knocked down for houses to be built.  Wouldnt fancy buying a house there! ohmy.gif If you've not been up there yet hurry!  Get yourselves a scooby doo adventure!

#22    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 08:55 PM

man they cant knock it down!!! IM STILL INTRIGUED I WANNA GO BACK UP!!! does any1 iknow if the building i slisted or anything???   dontgetit.gif  

#23    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 09:37 AM

we have pictures. I will try my best to get them uploaded int he next few days they were takin with a phone camera so are no too sharp but they show some detail ans an idea of what its like. I think i remember seeing those names ont he wall att he top of the stairs if they were in yellow spray. You should head back up am sure we could find plenty of peeps too go up again.

#24    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 October 2003 - 12:32 PM

hi! nah the writing we did was scraped into a black gate wi a key. i think it might have been a lift door or something! if u like u can email me pictures at
monkeyonamoped@hotmail.com
sarah xxx

#25    LESLEY

LESLEY

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 09:51 AM

I WAS UP AT ORCHILLS HOSPITAL JUST LAST NIGHT. THE GATES ARE ALWAYS OPEN NOW. I HAVE BEEN UP BEFORE BUT FOR SOME REASON LAST NIGHT WAS FREAKY! MY FRIENDS HAVE ALL WENT IN BUT I HAVENT.
IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN IT JUST APPEARS FROM NO WHERE WHEN YOU TURN THE CORNER AND WHEN CAR LIGHTS ARE SHONE ON IT IT LIGHTS UP THE WHOLE BUILDING AND MAKES IT LOOK LIKE THERE ARE LIGHTS ON IN THE BUILDING. THERE IS ONE PARTICULAR WINDOW THAT DRAWS MY ATTENTION. I AM NOT THE ONLT PERSON WHO HAS SEEN IT BUT THERE IS A SHADOW AT THE WINDOW, I AM NOT SURE IF IT IS THE TRICK OF THE CAR LIGHTS BUT IT IS VERY LIKE A PERSON WALKING BACK AND FORWARD INFRONT OF THE window. IT WASNT UNTIL I SAT DOWN WITH MY FRIENDS THAT I REALISED THAT 4 OF US SAW IT BUT DIDNT WANT TO SAY. HAS ANY1 ELSE SAW IT? IALWAYS WORRY THAT WHEN WE DRIVE BACK DOWN THAT THE GATE WILL BE CLOSED AND THE ROAD ON THE WAY UP IS SCARY TOO WHERE THERE ARE NO LIGHTS AND IT LIKE AND OLD DIRT TRACK. I AM DEFINETELY GOING TO FORCE MYSELF TO GO IN.

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY IT GOT CLOSED? AND WHY THEY HAVE LEFT OLD EVERYTHING IN IT? DOES NO ONE FIND IT STRANGE THAT WHEN THEY HAVE SHUT A PLACE DOWN THAT THEY HAVENT TOOK ALL THE THINGS OUT OF IT AND THEY HAVENT SHUT THE PLACE OFF OR DEMOLISHED IT?

#26    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:31 PM

lol the gate was shut when we came down the 1st time i was prettty drunk and had not read this post so i just got out and opend it and then two cars followd us rite down the lane 2 the bottom prettty weeerd.

#27    nadean

nadean

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 07:35 PM

Hi there!

I went up to this hospital last night with my boyfriend and his cousin. My boyfriend Mark had been up there previously before and had told me a lot of stories about the place. I was pretty interested in it, although it was scary i still wanted to check the place out - i have a deep interest for this topic.

I've read all the topics on this thread, and i have to totally agree with every1 of you - the place is seriously scary, really beautiful though - very large derlict building, it's weird how everything is still there though, the beds.. chaires.. kitchen stuff.. it really does look like something out of a scary movie, the whole woods and the place being just in the middle of nowhere. It looks very interesting but scary..

there is deffo a certain feeling about the place - i didnt feel edgy to be honest - you know how you get that edgy feeling, well i didnt really get it in most parts of the building, just the main entrance which is scary.

A lot of floors had caved in, esp the main reception area.. we went a walk around the side, but it looked seriously scary from round there because it was pitch dark - so we detoured to find another way in. Just off the reception there is this like kitchen area? we got in the place from there, it wasn't so scary to get in, lots of light if there is a car parked outside at the main entrance.. we got on the first two floors, basement, ground level and the one above, using an old starecase.. we only had one torch and it was seriously pitch dark inside.

someone mentioned a shadow at a window? there is a certain widnow i noticed too, but i went up and had a look with my boyfriend and it looks like a long red sock shape, although it isn't.. it might of been that you saw the shadow off?

i would deffo love to find out more about this place, it sounds extremely interesting. I plan on going back up there with mark; this time taking my digital camera with me.

feel free to email me about this:
little_miss_cheaky@hotmail.com

#28    ForsakenHero

ForsakenHero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• For other aliens, the aliens that come here, are heroes... yet they are forsaken by us....

by the way, thats not where we got the band name

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:12 PM

NONE OF THOSE PICS ARE SCARY, BUT I DO WANT TO GO CHECK THAT PLACE OUT....

HAS ANYONE SEEN LIKE PEOPLE WALKING AROUND IN THERE  (GHOSTS)????

My band, Forsaken Hero, will rise above the rest one day, and there will be much rejoicing...

"This is the sound of tooth against bone against cheering crowds and broken homes. this is the end of my rope, so bite down...tell me how this concrete tastes and tell me for the last time that you're sorry so i can laugh out loud as i watch you struggle; broken, bloody and barely breathing. the truth is, there's been an autumn in me and it's been that way since may. yeah, i've hoped forever...diminishing myself with my unconscious. this is the end of the line...and my shoes, ripped and ruined from running, have finally found their final resting place at the base of your skull...and once again someone's left to clean up your mess"
- boys night out

"When you're left with only a bullet
I'll bring the trigger and a promise to pull it
I'll be the end of everyone who's ever entered your life
And taken pieces out of it.
I'll give you enough time to regain your composure
To reconstruct a heart that's torn apart from over-exposure
I know forever isn't long enough to forget the faces and places
...that played out your tragedy."
- boys night out

#29    ForsakenHero

ForsakenHero

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• For other aliens, the aliens that come here, are heroes... yet they are forsaken by us....

by the way, thats not where we got the band name

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:17 PM

SRY, CORRECTION!

http://so4.org/mxx/kb/Picture%20023.jpg

THAT ONE IS PRETTY COOL, AND A TAD SCARY

My band, Forsaken Hero, will rise above the rest one day, and there will be much rejoicing...

"This is the sound of tooth against bone against cheering crowds and broken homes. this is the end of my rope, so bite down...tell me how this concrete tastes and tell me for the last time that you're sorry so i can laugh out loud as i watch you struggle; broken, bloody and barely breathing. the truth is, there's been an autumn in me and it's been that way since may. yeah, i've hoped forever...diminishing myself with my unconscious. this is the end of the line...and my shoes, ripped and ruined from running, have finally found their final resting place at the base of your skull...and once again someone's left to clean up your mess"
- boys night out

"When you're left with only a bullet
I'll bring the trigger and a promise to pull it
I'll be the end of everyone who's ever entered your life
And taken pieces out of it.
I'll give you enough time to regain your composure
To reconstruct a heart that's torn apart from over-exposure
I know forever isn't long enough to forget the faces and places
...that played out your tragedy."
- boys night out

#30    nadean

nadean

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 October 2003 - 08:31 PM

where about was that lift?

did anybody see straight jackets in the room to the left of the main entrance at the hospital, my bf mark saw a few lying there but because of the caved in floor we couldnt have a look ... if this is true then this means it was obviously a phyciatric hospital or somethin.. why else wud they have them?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users