Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Ochil Hills Hospital

• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#46    mhenson

mhenson

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 05:06 PM

ScoobyDoo, Its the building just north of Athron hall on the kind of middle left.

#47    The_grubby_goblin

The_grubby_goblin

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 October 2003 - 07:31 PM

First of all i can't believe how many people know about Ochilhill.  My friends and i are from Kinross and are playing to make a small film up there at some point in the near future.

I've just come back from there tonight and my friends and i have found out something new

On the small road up to the hospital, if you go slow in your car and keeping looking to the woods on the right hand side, you'll see a a small one-roomed building (we've been told it was a guard house) there's not really that much to see
apart from a small attic that you can't get into and strange brown stains on the wall.

I can't remember who said it but i think the night they were followed out by two cars was my friends and me but im not sure.

Cheers

#48    AlloaPosse

AlloaPosse

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 02:36 PM

Its wiz me and some other folk who got followed by 2 cars dunno where they came from, it was just kinna weeerd. They turrned off too the right at the junction at the bottom of the street.

#49    Orby

Orby

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 08:55 PM

hey there folks

Grubby Goblin are you making your movie in a professional nature. I am directing a feature length film up at the hospital advised by the BBC in the near future. What are your plans for the site and are you getting permission for using it. Please email me at sarahhollier@hotmail.com I hope to hear from you.

Sarah
xxx

#50    ScoobyDoo

ScoobyDoo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2003 - 11:20 PM

Hey, i found it no problem at all i took some advice about following the signs to tillyrie and looked for a pot holed road. 2 cars of us went but my mates got scared i guess and turned around just before u turn into the view of the hospital.  Anyway me and my mate stayed and took his video camera and a 1,000,000 candle power torch lol.  Cant wait to see the video, we started recording as soon as we entered the gate and stoped recording as we past thru the gate on our way home to Glenrothes.

#51    mitch2403

mitch2403

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 02:13 PM

I cant believe how many folk have actually seen this place. I live in nearby Kinross and just thought id leave you some info on the place. I spoke to an old lady a while back who used to be a secretary at the hospital before it closed. I saw some pics of the place and the surrounding gardens, really nice.

The building was a TB sanitorium and closed not that long ago (1982 roughly). It was used to house people with the uncurable disease, to give them a nice place to enjoy the remainder of their lives. It was bought by an Arab who wished to turn it into and old folks home. He renovated the roof with lead sheets. This was in the time where lead was expensive and van loads of it were stolen. The rain got in and the whole building went downhill from there.

The hospital was self sufficient with its own power, water and sewage. Not much remains up there now, recently the boilers for the heating have been taken away. There was never any refrigerators for the dead. The nurses accommodation was in the basement. There are three extra wards out to the left as well as a small dwelling. Also through the trees to the right are two gardeners sheds that still contain old items of technology.

The land has now been sold with planning permission and a new estate could be around in the near future. If you still want to experience the freaky place you better go soon cos i dont reckon it'll be round for much longer. If your going up in a car make sure its a shite one cos the roads pish. Hope thats answered any questions you may have had. MITCH

#52    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 03 November 2003 - 03:23 PM

ooh, interesting, those pics of the hospital...look spooky...evenin the day crying.gif  

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#53    RaZenKane

RaZenKane

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

• "Do onto others...then run like hell"

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:28 AM

Great story, and scary !!! me and the Mrs are going to europe in june for 2 months and it includes 2 weeks in Scotland, i have to look up this place, i love nothing better then going to haunted places...LOVE IT  thumbsup.gif  

#54    Phantom

Phantom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

• Bad Ass Member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:37 PM

I'm posting this for: kid_nymphuk, since he accidently used the "Report" button, instead of the "Add Reply" one. *

hey there, been up at the hospital a few times. some info 4 everyone. we got talking to the people that live in the house u pass on ur way up. it was built in 1900 and was used as a tb hospital, then in 1962 it changed to a home. then it 1987 they couldn't afford to run the place so it got shut. everything was left as u can imagine it was all old stuff which wouldn't b any use 2 any1. it was never a mental hospital.

my friends went up one night and the gates were shut so they got out the car and then a amn appeared telling them to f**k off and it was private land and he was fed up with all the cars going up and hearing screamin. the next night they went up the gates were open so they went up but on the way back down the man was standing at the gate but they never stopped. obviously a farmer or sumthin thats no too happy bout every1 goin up 4 a scare. not been back up since that happend. other people we know who went up said that the gate got locked while they were up there so had to get someone to come up with a hammer to break it open. thats why im 2 scared 2 go back up!

*) So, kid_nymphuk, when you want to post, make sure to hit the "Add Reply" button, at the bottom of each thread.  thumbsup.gif

"Do you hear that, Mr. Anderson? That is the sound of inevitability..." - Agent Smith
"Apfelschnaps, it's more than skindeep" - Kismit
"OK, don't quote me anymore..." - Mentalcase

#55    saxcatz

saxcatz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 227 posts

• There are only 10 kinds of people:
    Those who understand binary
    and those who don't!

Posted 05 November 2003 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (ForsakenHero @ Oct 12 2003, 11:17 AM)
SRY, CORRECTION!

http://so4.org/mxx/kb/Picture%20023.jpg

THAT ONE IS PRETTY COOL, AND A TAD SCARY

IS that a ghost at the bottom of the elevator pic??? crying.gif  

The Saxfiend (AKA "SaxCatz")
saxcatz@hotmail.com
Saxophonist and Software Engineer (AKA "Code Jockey")
"What do you mean IF these walls could talk?"

#56    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 23 November 2003 - 03:29 PM

Last night after hunting for another disused 'mental hospital' we decided to make our way to ochil hills because we had heard about it and my boyfriend had said he had seen it from the motorway, but did not know exactly how to get to it. so eventually we asked some young guyz in milnathort and hey presto we got decent directions. so the two cars of us (6 people in total) made our way up.
i dont think any of us had expected to come across anything as tremendously huge as what faced us as we turned the corner.
this place is massive, and dont think that any pics u may c quite prepare u for it.
we pulled up and two other car loads of youngsters were up there having a laugh, we parked outside the main front door, which has no floor just beyond the entrance, but does have the letters OHS in mozaic tiles on the floor, which is how we found this site, clever deduction eh?
then 2 of our gang dissappeared into the building and up to higher levels which was no simple task may i tell you.
then the other four of us decided to go a walk round the front, and thats when the true size of the place finally hit us, it just goes on and on
we found a doorway and went in and had a look around, and found the old bathrooms and some wards which were not really scary but interesting. then we had a walk about but could not go far the floor is too wrecked.
so we went back outside and had a look around there, looking in windows and stuff that still had beds and some equip in them.
we got to the end of the building, where the turret is in any pics u may see and after we turned the corner to the back of the building we found the kitchen and a metal fire escape which the two wild ones in our gang and one of the girls decided to climb up, they had a nose around then joined me who was waiting by myself because the two others had went back to the cars to check on them.
then we found a cellar which we went down into and a stair case we went up which someone had left t-lights on but some were new so i lit them but the last one was still wet and runny and had been lit, but it was -5 and should have hardened because there had been no one near us for ages and the other car loads were in there cars for ages before hand... spooky
anyway one of the guys froze before going into the cellar, he later told us he has seen part of a foot in the shadows down the cellar, but did not want to mention it at the time, that was just under where i had found the candles...
we then looked in the boiler room and under the big chimney, not used for burning bodies as i believe the roumer goes, all part of a incinerator, boiler system to heat the hospital.
we then went around a bit further and had a look in the kitchens properly then went back to the car.
that however was not the end of our trip, our two fearless explorers went off again then phoned us to come c what they had found, some huts further up for cold treatment, interesting and in my opinion the scaryest part of the visit, now im not claiming to be psycic but i have had my moments, but walking up that path had me feeling very uneasy, especially walking back down past the mysterious cable...
we had another scout about then went home very satisfied, over two hours of fun for only two caeries....
anyone who says... it was far too scary to go in... has hyped themselves up too much, next time do what we did, go in a group, make sure everyone has a torch, a phone and someone by there side and u will be guarenteed a good time.
WARNING its not safe so dont all huddle in a group cos the floor will cave in, and finally wrap up warm, take spare batteries and dont wear high heels like a certain member of my gang...

happy ghost busting guys

p.s. were sooooooo going back, apparently there is a morgue, a hut, another cellar and tons more cool stuff so if u c us up there say hi, we dont bite... usually ph34r.gif  

#57    ambyglam

ambyglam

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 956 posts

• When in disgrace with fortunes and mens eyes,
    Be glam!

Posted 25 November 2003 - 10:08 PM

me and my pals r going back soon, anyone who is in to this wanna go on the same night?

there will be about 10 of us, enough for a good night!

so if ur up for it, mail me

amby ph34r.gif  

#58    NekroS

NekroS

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 01:16 PM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

All the links from this thread are now dead, just wondering if anyone has the internal pics??? original.gif

Also anyone got any ideas as to when its being pulled down?

Cheers grin2.gif

#59    monkeyonamoped

monkeyonamoped

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 December 2003 - 08:08 PM

i have some internal pictures if yuou would like to see them email me at monkeyonamoped@hotmail.com
sarah x

#60    piana

piana

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 December 2003 - 07:00 PM

hey!   cool.gif

I havent been up yet, but i am definately planning on going for sure.....

I have some info, i thought id add cus my mum's a nurse n knows all about tb.
she said that people would be treated for tb till the 50s by being given lots of insulin, having electric shock treatment and being given freeze treatment (yea, people did get put in cold rooms like at the huts??) and i found a load of info on how they treated people with tb and it reffers to orich hills too...  wink2.gif

I dont think orich hills will be sold as it is a listed building (meaning, it is a historical building so it has to be kept up for historical refference and so on)

I hope this has helped in anyway, if ya have any questions that needs a medical mind  rolleyes.gif  just ask n al reply soon

go HERE

or add me to msn messenger on fsgroupie@hotmail.com

BYE! XXX  thumbsup.gif  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users