Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

What is heaven like

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,716 posts

• Redbonz Stumpjumper from the swamps of Shamong

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:57 AM

[quote name='Aaleyah-Abqurah' date='Dec 24 2005, 10:22 PM' post='992182
In Hinduism or Buddhism, for example, there are several heavens, and those who accumulate good karma will go to a heaven; however their stay in the heaven is not eternal — eventually they will use up their good karma and be reincarnated in another realm, as human, animal, or other beings.
[/quote]

The Nanticoke belief is the same. You enjoy a time in the "Southlands" and are later reincarnated to earth. Sometimes because you have a "mission" of some sort.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
http://woodlandindia...orums/index.php
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#17    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:59 AM

Not necessarily. One of the first aferlifes was the Sumerian one. I think it was a place of darkness and mud. Pretty gloomy stuff.

Posted Image

#18    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 03:59 AM

Do you think that life is suffering? Do you believe that while we are in the human state, instead of the Divine state, that we are doomed to suffer?

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#19    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:03 AM

But what if your perfect happiness was something like violence or is that not pure enough.

Violence for some, is an earthly pleasure. Is there earthly pleasure in heaven? With the Christian heaven I suppose God will begin to alter your free will and attempt to remove your sorrow. And all your pleasures may then be of a spiritual nature.

Posted Image

#20    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:08 AM

Violence for some, is an earthly pleasure. Is there earthly pleasure in heaven? With the Christian heaven I suppose God will begin to alter your free will and attempt to remove your sorrow. And all your pleasures may then be of a spiritual nature.

I agree. I understand what you mean by enjoying violence, but I think you mean it in the sense that you enjoy say, a fightsport, like boxing? I believe it is the intention behind everything which dictates whether it is pure or not.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#21    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:10 AM

I mean like a warrior enjoying struggling to overcome a powerful foe.

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#22    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,716 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:13 AM

Do you think that life is suffering? Do you believe that while we are in the human state, instead of the Divine state, that we are doomed to suffer?

Only to give us strength and knowledge in spirit, and to teach us lessons.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke
It takes a certain amount of sophistication to live primitive. Stupid people usually don't survive...............

"There aren't any Indians in New Jersey. Just some inbred ******* that live in the woods."

-Donald Trump

#23    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:18 AM

AnuKabal - In Heaven, I dont believe there will be a powerful foe. Perhaps you can train, fight, things like that. Some people believe Heaven is the thing you enjoy the most. And you never know what is behind the Afterlife. Perhaps another life for other beings, in which a powerful foe grows, and you are called to fight against.

Piney - I agree with this. Do you believe that this is why Buddhists believe that you continue to come back? So that you can gather knowledge and strength? Also, does that mean that in the end, you can be born as many times as you want, so that in the end you can become a perfect human being? Whereas other beliefs focus on you living one life, and if you are good in it, then you can get to the reward: Heaven.

God Bless.

a-a

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#24    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:18 AM

Only to give us strength and knowledge in spirit, and to teach us lessons.

Wow, I actually agree with that 100%. To me, the hardships is to progress. Things are difficult for a reason but you learn along the way. You evolve spiritually.

Posted Image

#25    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,716 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:20 AM

What does it have going for it, for example a warriors afterlife would be filled with battles against the greatest of different times.

Later in life some regret comes from such actions. There is no honor in killing. It is a "job" and not something you seek in the higher realms. You do not learn much participating in battles. no.gif and war does not belong in what I consider "heaven".

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#26    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:24 AM

Later in life some regret comes from such actions. There is no honor in killing. It is a "job" and not something you seek in the higher realms. You do not learn much participating in battles. no.gif and war does not belong in what I consider "heaven".

Lapi'che

You misinterpreted what I meant.  In my religions afterlfe you don't die you rest and fight again along side the gods.

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#27    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,716 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:33 AM

Piney - I agree with this. Do you believe that this is why Buddhists believe that you continue to come back? So that you can gather knowledge and strength? Also, does that mean that in the end, you can be born as many times as you want, so that in the end you can become a perfect human being? Whereas other beliefs focus on you living one life, and if you are good in it, then you can get to the reward: Heaven.

Sometimes you do not have a choice about being reborn. You have to do things for spiritual regrowth or the "Skan" ( Universal entity- Leveling drift- Driftmaker-Spirit which moves all-Creator) demands that you have "jobs" to preform or "matters to attend to". You are not always reborn to grow. Sometimes to "act in the 'Universe's behalf". I believe that in final rebirth you are total spirit and become one with "totality". But if your back here. You are here to learn or to  "do something".

Lapi'che

Excuse me. My spiritual philosophy is in Lakota and Nanticoke-Lenape and is not "English Friendly"

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#28    Piney

Piney

Educated Redskin

• 2,716 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:43 AM

You misinterpreted what I meant.  In my religions afterlfe you don't die you rest and fight again along side the gods.

Fight in a couple of "hairy" battles and you will see what I mean. I am not trying to "dis" you. I am trying to teach you a few things. Reliving battles is not a spiritual "highpoint". At least in my eyes. After fighting there is always regret. Open someones wallet you killed  after combat. See his wife and kids. There is no spiritual gain from such actions. No learning.

Lapi'che

Token Nanticoke

-Donald Trump

#29    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:44 AM

That's very fascinating (Lakota). Because my philosophy resembles this (and how I view spiritual matters).

Posted Image

#30    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 04:50 AM

Piney- You do learn alot from battles you learn how to telegraph things and you relize your potential.  You learn other things but I don't feel like getting into it.  I would love to have the honor of fighting a powerful warrior of old like Hattori Hanzo or Kira Cabriata

Edited by AnuKabal, 25 December 2005 - 04:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users