Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Europe's space ambitions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 18 March 2002 - 10:00 PM

Looks like those dirty rotten no-good scoundral European low life scums are...Just kidding everyone ;D

Truth be told, Europe has set off their own ambitious space exploration rivaling, and even RILING, the U.S. Personally I think this is good news, as no one country or even a few countries should have a monopoly in space. For more information click here

Although the U.S. has some valid concerns regarding the crossings of signals, I feel that the U.S. and Europe should come to a resolution and except the inevitable. The U.S. will have to share space. Does anyone else have any thoughts regarding this?

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#2    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 19 March 2002 - 05:21 PM

When I heard about the new space station being built,  I thought it was going to be 'the clubhouse for the world'.  A unified effort for the future of space exploration.   After all,  the more (teamwork and money),  the merrier!!   :s1

There's plenty for everyone!   :st

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#3    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 19 March 2002 - 10:59 PM

Hear, hear.

Britain has definately been lagging behind on the space side of things - and from the sounds of that article we still are.  I remember 10 years or so back there were plans for a British space shuttle (i can't remember it's name) and by all accounts it was a brilliant design - but as per usual it was shelved  :(

Anybody else remember that in any more detail?

never take me too seriously

#4    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 09:35 PM

Here's a little update on how things are going with Europe's new space project. CLICK HERE

#5    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 11:06 PM

[blue] Its about time. We are a global community and we should explore space as a species, not as nationalities.....  :s03[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#6    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 26 March 2002 - 11:45 PM

Agreed. Global communities are cool 8)

#7    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,722 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 March 2002 - 11:49 PM

I wonder if we will ever see the day when a flag planted by the first humans to walk on some far off distant planet will have "Planet Earth" on it, rather than the stars and stripes.

#8    GIZZIE

GIZZIE

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 162 posts

Posted 28 March 2002 - 12:07 AM

I doubt it - a world war will probably break out over the design of the flag and which member or species of which part of the planet should plant said flag etcetera, etcetera.

Not that I'm cynical, I hasten to add.

By the way, how many "states" now make up Europe?  Do the non "states" count for anything? Or do we just dismiss them (those in the United States of Europe of course).

Swallows are the dolphins of the sky

#9    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 28 March 2002 - 12:38 AM

Saruman,
         It seems the U.S.  was so busy trying to get their flag planted on the moon before the Russians,  that they never stopped to think about it.   :-/
         I think that if all the countries come together now,  as a team, it would be a great way to remedy that! *  ;D    
         *(but not if the poiticians get in the mix)

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users