Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Mothman/Silver Bridge

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

Poll: Mothman (53 member(s) have cast votes)

Does mothman exist?

1. Yes (36 votes [67.92%])

Percentage of vote: 67.92%

2. No (10 votes [18.87%])

Percentage of vote: 18.87%

3. Who knows, Who cares (7 votes [13.21%])

Percentage of vote: 13.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1    DarlingNikki

DarlingNikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

• How many people here have telekinetic powers? Raise my hand. =)

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

Can anyone help me understand the connection between mothman and the Silver Bridge incident? I don't get it. hmm.gif

#2    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,524 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:38 AM

Presumably, the Mothman, or rather, Indrid Cole (who is most definitely NOT the Mothman, closer to a Man-In-Black) contacted John Keel and warned him of a great disaster "on the River Ohio" - which the Silver Bridge crossed. The Bridge, which was not Keel's first guess, did indeed collapse, killing many people.

WHY the Silver Bridge? I believe that is unknown. Fate? Chance? What significance does it have? None perhaps.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#3    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• "....Perhaps the coconut could be carried by two swallows!"

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:07 AM

FINALLY! I have a chance to tell my story!

I studied the subject a few years ago, and the thing that caught my attention was an interview that said (I'm paraphrasing this because I can't find it again) "I was right off the bridge in my truck about to ship some goods to a local store when a series of events happened. I saw several mothmen and so did other people. The light was red. I was waiting for it to change because I was tired from driving and wanted to get home. All of the sudden one of the mothmen let out a screech and flew. The lights went crazy. After several moments of waiting, there was a huge explosion from under the bridge. I got out of there as fast as I could. I had to take an alternate route to get to the store, and when I got there the woman behind the counter asked me about the bridge. I told her I was there and she said about the deaths. I told her I ran out of there as fast as I could and didn't know about deaths. I asked her if it was a bomb and she said 'no. It just....fell.' I told her about the mothmen and she looked at me as if I were on fire."

It WAS a bomb! The M.I.B. KNEW that so many people saw the mothman/mothmen and couldn't shut them ALL up so they decided to stop the light, trap the witnesses, and bomb a part of the bridge. Since it was a suspension bridge, Everything is balanced. One thing goes, the whole thing goes. They bombed a part underneat, this pulled a support wire, it snapped, the bridge fell. They had no proof of any of this, and since the M.I.B. is probably with the government, they would get out of it anyways. The mothmen's disappearance could be explained by several things.
1) They knew they weren't welcome and sensed this when they realized the bomb thing.
2) They might have been caught by the M.I.B.
3) They could have been killed BY the bridge somehow
4) I don't know. 4 seemed like a good stopping point.

I hope I actually impressed someone with this. This is like the only time I've gotten around to telling anyone about my theory. Give me your opinions.

Edit: I can't believe I actually typed all that! haha that's the longest post I ever typed...

Edited by TheMuffinMan, 08 January 2006 - 03:08 AM.

#4    Nightmare Child

Nightmare Child

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:41 AM

Wow so they saw several mothmen so ther are many of this things??I always read  reports that pepole allways saw one mothman.Hmmm??!!
Is there any report about other people hearing or seeing any explosion??Or just that truckdriver?
But never the less a intereting theory.
Is there anywhere else in the world that they reported Mothman or just in Ohio or entire America??

Edited by Nightmare Child, 08 January 2006 - 03:47 AM.

#5    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:24 AM

Actually it was West Virginia. But anyways, it was seen all over the world, but never again in point pleasant, which supports my first theory... An interesting side note about the me and the mothman, I live in the town where the movie was filmed... Kittanning, PA. Seeing this, you could say that me and the mothman are practically brothers.... (yeah that was a joke.)

#6    dragonlady_mothman

dragonlady_mothman

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:29 AM

Cold, I beleive.  The being's name is Cold, not Cole. thumbsup.gif

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,524 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

Honestly, its either one. It was only spoken on the phone and to people, verbally, if I recall, and there's not really any way to verify it one way or the other, and I don't recall Keel's choice, but as he said, Cold, Cole and similar names were pretty standard for a lot of "aliens", Men In Black and other "paranormal" entitites to give, as their names - sort of like "Hi, I'm John Smith" - the name appeared to be more a gracious convention adopted for the benefit of the people and investigators, more than being truly a personal designation.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#8    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 04:40 AM

I don't know what truth the movie The Mothman holds, but it totally scared the bejesus out of me. It was the single-most scariest movie ever, probably because it was based on a true story  ph34r.gif

#9    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:21 AM

Very little truth. I was all excited when they were filming it... I was an extra in the one scene and I actually yelled at the diretor "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WAS IN THE BOOK!" between cuts. He didn't say anything... I was 9 at the time haha. Anyways yeah, if you read the book, there's very few things that were the same.

#10    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:26 AM

Thank GOD!! Now I can go back into the bathroom at night without thinking that the sink is going to talk to me  blink.gif

(I wish I was joking tongue.gif)

#11    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

Don't be afraid of the sink... it's the toilet you gotta watch for.... >.<

#12    King Triad

King Triad

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:32 AM

wow the mibs blew up a bridge to get rid of a mothman sighting....has anyone heard of mothmen being angels? a form of cheribum?

if ignorance is bliss...then knock the smile off my face

#13    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:36 AM

Wow. I have seriously never heard that. If anything, I would have expected Dark Angels. But that's a neat idea. Any facts to back it up?

#14    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,524 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:44 AM

Various things have been suggested for MIB.

And actually the voice DID come from the sink, didn't it? I did read the book, a couple of times - but not lately.

#15    TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 05:54 AM

I don't know. I thought it was coming out of nowhere. I just said about the toilet to be a moron haha.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users