Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3 Great Faiths Believing In Same God?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

I find your little spiel to be arrogant, condescending  and rather pathetic.  Your main argument is ďMy God is the True God, I donít have any proof that he ever existed, but you will just have to accept my word, because I have faith that my religion is the one true religion and I am a Christian and as such I am an expert on all religions, even though the other religions have as much proof for their gods as I doÖand..and if you donít believe me, I am just going to keep on ranting about how my god is the only god!Ē  As I said rather pathetic, since your god is only mythological!  I know your god is mythological, because a true god such as Ahuru Mazda and his son the Lord Mithra would never harm their creations, because they love them.  Unlike your god Jehovah, who spent 98% of the OT destroying humanity in one horrid way after another.  That shows that Jehovah canít be the true god, he hates mankind instead of loving them.  Too bad you never knew the love of Lord Mithra, but it isnít too late.

Through the grace of our Lord Mithra do we recieve salvation and life eternal.  

#17    zephyr

zephyr

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

yet Christians see Him as God Incarnate, Son of God

The problem that the Quran has with this belief is that if god is to have a son, then there are two gods, since god's son would also be a god, in fact god does not have any children, that's for man to have. The belief in god having sons or daughters violates the basis of monotheism as far as Islam is concerned.

I agree with you that Zoroasterism is a mythological religion

Zoroasterism is not a mythological religion, it was and still is to some extend, the religion of the Persians. Zoroaster really existed as a person and a prophet with a book called Avesta. Zoroasterism is one the most ancient monotheist religions with Ahura Mazda as the sole and unique god. There is the concept of good and evil and there is a devil (Ahriman), just like there are good angels such as Anahita and Mehr and many others. In fact this religion has a lot of similarities to the three Abrahamic religions in its belief system and is not based on mythology at all; unless of course we believe all religions are mythological! hmm.gif

#18    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 06 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Zephyr, can you please explain the faith some more, it does sound rather similar to the ideas of the Abrahamic faiths, just different names for God, etc. It sounds interesting, I'd like to get to know about it.

Also, just because a faith is different, does not make it mythology.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#19    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:37 AM

zoroastrinism

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#20    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

Thanks so much.
The faith is amazing and some of its beliefs are related to the Abrahamic religions; its stunning. Good information.  thumbsup.gif

I wouldnt call this faith mythology.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#21    Nadal

Nadal

Das Laufende Kaninchen

• 1,295 posts

• To be idle is a short road to death and to be diligent is a way of life; foolish people are idle, wise people are diligent.--Buddha

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:19 AM

Christianity and Judaism believe in the true God of the bible. Judaism does not accept Jesus as the Messiah, and that is their big mistake.
Islam worships a false god called Allah, that does not exist. The description of Allah in the qu'ran is different from the description of God in the bible.

Allah
Unknowable: Allah is so transcendent, so exalted, that no man can ever personally know Allah.
Nonpersonal: Allah is not to be understood as a person. This would lower him to the level of man.
Nonspirit: The idea that Allah is a person or a spirit is considered blasphemous and demeans the exalted One.
Unitarian: The Koran specifically denies that Allah is a father, that Jesus is the Son of God and the Holy Spirit is God.
Unlimited: The Koran describes Allah as able to do anything, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. He is not even limited by his own nature.
Capricious: Allah in the Koran is totally capricious and untrustworthy. He is not bound by his nature or his word.
No Love: The concept of Allah having feelings toward man is foreign to Islamic teaching. That would reduce Allah to a mere man and is blasphemous to a Muslim.
Passive in history: Allah does not personally enter into human history. He deals with the world through his word, prophets, and angels. He does not personally deal with man.
No attributes: The so-called 99 attributes of Allah are all negative, what he is not like. No positive attributes are listed.
Works: There is no savior or intercessor or concept of grace in the Koran.

Jehovah [The one true God, of the bible]
Knowable: Jesus Christ came into the world so we could know God personally (John 17:3).
Personal: The God of the Bible is spoken of as a person with intellect, emotion, and a will.
Spirit: That God is a spirit was taught by Jesus Christ himself in John 4:24.
Trinitarian: The Bible reveals God as One in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All share equally the divine nature.
Limited: The biblical God is limited by His own nature. He cannot lie or contradict Himself.
Trustworthy: Because God is always true to His nature, he is completely trustworthy and consistent.
Love: The biblical God's chief attribute is love as shown in such places as John 3:16. He has feelings for his creatures, especially man.
Active in history: In the incarnation, God himself enters history and acts to bring about man's salvation.
Attributes: The Bible tells us what God is and what He is not. Grace: The God of the Bible provides a free salvation for man through a Savior who acts as an intercessor between God and Man (1 Timothy 2:5).

Also the muslim is not sure that he will go to heaven. The doctrine of having to earn your salvation by good works, in Islam, leaves the muslim always uncertain that his good works out weigh his bad works. The muslim is not certain he will go to heaven and thinks he might go to hell. The only (false) certainty that a muslim falsely thinks he has of going to heaven is if he dies in a Jihad holy war.

You're brave enough to tell the muslims that their god doesn't exist aren't you?  Well, guess what? I don't -believe- in any god.  And the Christians would be the last god I'll ever believe in.   yes.gif  Sorry pal.  Hate to break it to you, but all religion is 'mythical'  Sorry.

Edited by Nadal, 07 January 2006 - 01:20 AM.

Posted Image

#22    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,174 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 07 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

I find your little spiel to be arrogant, condescending  and rather pathetic.  Your main argument is ďMy God is the True God, I donít have any proof that he ever existed, but you will just have to accept my word, because I have faith that my religion is the one true religion and I am a Christian and as such I am an expert on all religions, even though the other religions have as much proof for their gods as I doÖand..and if you donít believe me, I am just going to keep on ranting about how my god is the only god!Ē  As I said rather pathetic, since your god is only mythological!  I know your god is mythological, because a true god such as Ahuru Mazda and his son the Lord Mithra would never harm their creations, because they love them.  Unlike your god Jehovah, who spent 98% of the OT destroying humanity in one horrid way after another.  That shows that Jehovah canít be the true god, he hates mankind instead of loving them.  Too bad you never knew the love of Lord Mithra, but it isnít too late.
Not to start an argument, but you have as much proof of your God too.........

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#23    zephyr

zephyr

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:40 PM

Zephyr, can you please explain the faith some more, it does sound rather similar to the ideas of the Abrahamic faiths,

Our friend FreyKade beat me to it, Abqurah! grin2.gif  Abqurah? I know what that means because it's a Persian word. wink2.gif
As for the photo in the article of Frey's link, that's a Zoroastrian fire temple in Yazd, central Iran. I have visited it and the costodian of the temple told me that the fire burning in the temple is over 2000 years old, and eventhough it has been transferred between temples in its long history, it has never been put out. The existance of fire symbolises life and movement and its non-existance, death and immobility.  The costodian's main job was to make sure it keeps on burning.
I am less sure though about the claims made in the article that Zoroastrism is not a monotheist religion, especially when that claim is mostly based on Greek philosophy which was of course far from being familiar with the concept of monotheism. Since only AhuraMazda is the unique god and that's what the Zoroastrians believe, it's hard to accept that the religion is a polytheist one, even at its very roots and origins. Figures such as Anahita are angels of AhuraMazda (Anahita is the guardian angel of water), they are not gods or godesses. Nontheless, this ancient religion has not been immune to pollution and there have been off-shoots of it that have elevated some of these angels to gods or god-like figures and have built a belief around that.
Indeed, the basic ideas in Zoroastrinism are quite similar to the Abrahamic religions; after all they are all monotheist religions.

#24    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 03:01 AM

I agree. Its amazing because in the article it says that they believe that when they die and everyone is being judged, they have to cross a very thin bridge over fire or something. I've read this in Islamic texts as well.
Also, the idea of there being demons, etc, is all very similar. I think it is a monotheistic religion, one to be taken very seriously as well, because it keeps many ideals that are similar to Abrahamic faiths. There are just different names, like Allah is a different name for God.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#25    sultanmuratova

sultanmuratova

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:29 PM

I believe that the 3 faiths are similar as well. same god, same principles, just different guidelines.

but some people dont like it when their faith is compared with another because they like to see their faith as unique and therefore the right religion.

when faiths are compared and some things are found similar, it can give them doubts if their faith is really the real 'path'. and when confronted with these ideas instead of giving good arguments they just keep repeating themselves saying their religion is right and the other are wrong.

this is sad because it really doesnt matter what faith you follow, as long as you live a good life and be good to your surroundings.

isnt that what all faiths preach? happy.gif

#26    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:09 PM

There are all my friend Yahweh just trying to change his name.

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#27    HurtingSpirit

HurtingSpirit

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 06:23 PM

Christianity and Judaism believe in the true God of the bible. Judaism does not accept Jesus as the Messiah, and that is their big mistake.
Islam worships a false god called Allah, that does not exist. The description of Allah in the qu'ran is different from the description of God in the bible.

Allah
Unknowable: Allah is so transcendent, so exalted, that no man can ever personally know Allah.
Nonpersonal: Allah is not to be understood as a person. This would lower him to the level of man.
Nonspirit: The idea that Allah is a person or a spirit is considered blasphemous and demeans the exalted One.
Unitarian: The Koran specifically denies that Allah is a father, that Jesus is the Son of God and the Holy Spirit is God.
Unlimited: The Koran describes Allah as able to do anything, anytime, anyplace, anywhere. He is not even limited by his own nature.
Capricious: Allah in the Koran is totally capricious and untrustworthy. He is not bound by his nature or his word.
No Love: The concept of Allah having feelings toward man is foreign to Islamic teaching. That would reduce Allah to a mere man and is blasphemous to a Muslim.
Passive in history: Allah does not personally enter into human history. He deals with the world through his word, prophets, and angels. He does not personally deal with man.
No attributes: The so-called 99 attributes of Allah are all negative, what he is not like. No positive attributes are listed.
Works: There is no savior or intercessor or concept of grace in the Koran.

Jehovah [The one true God, of the bible]
Knowable: Jesus Christ came into the world so we could know God personally (John 17:3).
Personal: The God of the Bible is spoken of as a person with intellect, emotion, and a will.
Spirit: That God is a spirit was taught by Jesus Christ himself in John 4:24.
Trinitarian: The Bible reveals God as One in three persons, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. All share equally the divine nature.
Limited: The biblical God is limited by His own nature. He cannot lie or contradict Himself.
Trustworthy: Because God is always true to His nature, he is completely trustworthy and consistent.
Love: The biblical God's chief attribute is love as shown in such places as John 3:16. He has feelings for his creatures, especially man.
Active in history: In the incarnation, God himself enters history and acts to bring about man's salvation.
Attributes: The Bible tells us what God is and what He is not. Grace: The God of the Bible provides a free salvation for man through a Savior who acts as an intercessor between God and Man (1 Timothy 2:5).

Also the muslim is not sure that he will go to heaven. The doctrine of having to earn your salvation by good works, in Islam, leaves the muslim always uncertain that his good works out weigh his bad works. The muslim is not certain he will go to heaven and thinks he might go to hell. The only (false) certainty that a muslim falsely thinks he has of going to heaven is if he dies in a Jihad holy war.

Ummm allah isnt a "person" as you are trying to make it sound.   Allah is just the word for god.  Its sad that people like you follow so blindly, then quote things that were written by a corrupted pope, hundreds of years after "so called events" took place.  Your faith, is just a way of controlling the masses.. Congratulations on becoming a sheep. Baaaaaaa.. See you in the afterlife, baaaaaaaaaaa...

*Signature removed exceeds size limits. click here for details

#28    .AKUMA.

.AKUMA.

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

• The True Warrior Enters The Arena with all his powers
    At the Ready.

Posted 08 January 2006 - 10:45 PM

LOL i agree Allah is an arabic word for "God"

One World, One Order

The Greatest Accomplishment of the Devil, Was Convincing the world he doesn't Exist.

#29    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 January 2006 - 11:14 PM

Same. Different name, same God.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#30    Jesusfan

Jesusfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:09 AM

Same. Different name, same God.

Not possible... As God of the Holy Bible was the God who sent Jesus Christ as the Messiah to this earth...

Allah is the Arabic name for "God", but since Islam denies that Jesus is God, that there is original sin, that Mankind must have a Saviour to redeem them from Sin, and that Christ died upon the Cross as the Sinbearer sent by God... Islam's God is not the God of the Christians, as Bible makes clear that ALL Mankind will have to acknowledge jesus is the LORD, and that whoever denies that jesus is the Christ/Messiah jas the Spirit of Antichrist working with them, again according to the Holy Bible...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users