Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

3 Great Faiths Believing In Same God?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31    dan-o

dan-o

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

• Endings are heartless
    I've never met one equal to "once upon a time".

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:06 AM

I find your little spiel to be arrogant, condescending  and rather pathetic.  Your main argument is “My God is the True God, I don’t have any proof that he ever existed, but you will just have to accept my word, because I have faith that my religion is the one true religion and I am a Christian and as such I am an expert on all religions, even though the other religions have as much proof for their gods as I do…and..and if you don’t believe me, I am just going to keep on ranting about how my god is the only god!”  As I said rather pathetic, since your god is only mythological!  I know your god is mythological, because a true god such as Ahuru Mazda and his son the Lord Mithra would never harm their creations, because they love them.  Unlike your god Jehovah, who spent 98% of the OT destroying humanity in one horrid way after another.  That shows that Jehovah can’t be the true god, he hates mankind instead of loving them.  Too bad you never knew the love of Lord Mithra, but it isn’t too late.

Arrogant? A true God such as Ahuru Mazda? Mazda? Sounds like a certin car company original.gif

Anyways, you can't label someone's right to believe. That is what has driven mankind to do the right and WRONG things in our WHOLE history. That crap you just let flow from your mouth sounds like many things a Christian, ect... would get blasted for. A believe there's a God, that's enough for me.

P.S.) Wouldn't it be funny if we all ended up meeting in some "hell" together? That would be funny. Then we could moan and groan for eternity over who is right and wrong.  wink2.gif

Death--the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.
Walter Scott

"Funny thing about weekends, they don't mean as much to the unemployed; just means you get to hang out with your working friends."
-Primus

Posted Image

#32    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:35 AM

I'd find that pretty funny too. Extremely ironic. As I've said, learn from other faiths, instead of bashing on them. You can gather a lot of knowledge to determine lots of things.
And never bad mouth someone elses religion, because someone out there believes in that, they put their heart and soul into it. And if you badmouth it, its like stomping on their heart and soul.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#33    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

That crap you just let flow from your mouth sounds like many things a Christian, ect... would get blasted for

If you will note, that was in response to a Christian's crap flowing from his mouth....I also note that Dano was not exactly nice in what he said about my Savior's father and then talks about how we shouldn't label!  That is what is ironic and arrogant!

As I've said, learn from other faiths, instead of bashing on them

How can one learn from a religion that is a latter day copy of yours?

Edited by Mythra, 09 January 2006 - 08:44 PM.

Through the grace of our Lord Mithra do we recieve salvation and life eternal.  

#34    1667832

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:20 PM

Perhaps it isnt a latter day copy. Perhaps your faith was the right one and it is simply repeating it to the masses, so that it can sway more people to believe in it.

Posted Image
Sig by diebytheflyguy

#35    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:24 PM

Nope, Mythra's  religion is not responsible for the mass atrocities such as the crusades, witch and heretic burnings, thefts of the land and riches of other less scientifically developed cultures, the destruction of the amassed knowledge of the ancients, the eradication of the ancient religions and the racism and slavery that has beset even the modern world.

Edited by mako, 09 January 2006 - 11:26 PM.

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#36    Jesusfan

Jesusfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Nope, Mythra's  religion is not responsible for the mass atrocities such as the crusades, witch and heretic burnings, thefts of the land and riches of other less scientifically developed cultures, the destruction of the amassed knowledge of the ancients, the eradication of the ancient religions and the racism and slavery that has beset even the modern world.

Well... Let us see what REAL Christianity has brought into this World... Abolished the institution of Slavery, Allowed Woman to be treated as co-equals with Men, something still not done in other main religions, like Islam, brought Charitable relief agencys acroos the Globe, established Hospitals and Shelters for the sick/poor/needy among us, brought in the Scientific Age in Western Europe and America, as many of the brightest minds were Christian, taught and preached that ALL of Mankind could be loved and saved by God, through believing on his Son Jesus Christ...

Would say that is ALOT of good being done, wouldn't you?

#37    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 06:08 PM

Well... Let us see what REAL Christianity has brought into this World... Abolished the institution of Slavery,

Actually, most of the European/American slaveholders used the scriptures (and the recognition of the institute of slavery by Jesus and the Bible) as support for slavery (check this sermon from Jan 6 1861 - http://exchristian.n....and-slaves.php).  It was an Agnostic with Deistic tendencies that abolished slavery (Abraham Lincoln), not some churchman standing behind a podium, especially considering that only 30% of the American people at that time were members of a church or went to church on a regular basis.  Slavery was abolished in spite of Christianity, not because of Christianity!

Allowed Woman to be treated as co-equals with Men, something still not done in other main religions, like Islam,

If you will check out the teaching of Paul (modern Christianity is Pauline in nature) and were to follow it as directed, you would find that Christianity is a Patriarchal as Islam.  How many denominations allow female pastors or deacons?  What is the current (and past) belief of the woman’s place?  Is it not “barefoot and pregnant?  The woman’s place is in the home, raising the children and aiding the “master of the household”, her husband.  That is the outlook of all but a small handful of denominations, I see no true difference between that philosophy and that of Islam or Judaism.  It was the American people (through the activism of American women) that gave the American women their freedoms, not (once again) some churchman standing behind a podium!

brought Charitable relief agencys acroos the Globe, established Hospitals and Shelters for the sick/poor/needy among us,

Yes, there are some great charitable agencies across the globe, some Christian, some Jewish, some Islamic, some Hindu, some Buddhist, some secular.  In this, the Christians do not have a monopoly.  It is human nature to want to cooperate and aid our fellowman, a fact that has been long recognized and especially recognized by the Scottish Enlightenment of the 1600s – 1700s.  All too often, this aid has strings attached or is overstated.

brought in the Scientific Age in Western Europe and America, as many of the brightest minds were Christian

Actually the Scientific Age dawned in spite of Christianity.  While many of the great minds were Christian, many more were not and many of the Christians gave lip-service only.  The religion has fought science from the very beginning of scientific inquiry, fearing (correctly) that science would show the falsity of religion and Abraham’s three bloody children in particular.  Galileo was under house arrest for the last part of his life and had to recant his endorsement of the Copernicus theory that the Earth revolved around the Sun.  Something that we accept as a no-brainer, but a good example of how Christianity resisted scientific inquiry and discoveries.  Again Science bloomed despite Christianity, not because of it!

, taught and preached that ALL of Mankind could be loved and saved by God, through believing on his Son Jesus Christ...

I personally don’t see that as a good thing, it is just an attempt to mislead others with a religion that has no evidence of being true. But, as Mythra would say, “And they did it 300 years after Mithrans started doing it!”

Would say that is ALOT of good being done, wouldn't you?

Now the question is does that small amount of good (only the charities can be counted, as the others have been shown to be false) offset the tremendous amounts of evil perpetrated in the name of the religion since the fourth century CE?  Looking at all the innocents tortured, tormented, enslaved and murdered, at the wealth and lands stolen, the entire peoples enslaved, the support by the religion of rulers and governments that down trod their citizens and subjects and the burning of those that did not embrace their beliefs, I would say, “No Way, Not in a Million Years”

I also question what this little post of yours has to do with the original subject matter?  yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#38    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

Perhaps it isnt a latter day copy. Perhaps your faith was the right one and it is simply repeating it to the masses, so that it can sway more people to believe in it.

Actually Aaleyah christianity and all the rest like it have all borrowed their faith from Mythra's religion ph34r.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#39    Jesusfan

Jesusfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 08:56 PM

Actually Aaleyah christianity and all the rest like it have all borrowed their faith from Mythra's religion ph34r.gif

Actually, it would be impossible for a Christian to have done such, since the God we worship and believe in is the God of the Old/New Testament Covenants, and He alone is the real true God...

There can only be one God by sheer definition, and that one God has revealed Himself in the person of His Son jesus Christ...

To have the Son is to have eternal life, but to deny the Son is not to have either Father or the Son, and the wrath of God still abides upon Him(or her)..

#40    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Actually, it would be impossible for a Christian to have done such, since the God we worship and believe in is the God of the Old/New Testament Covenants, and He alone is the real true God...

Strange, your god was not worshipped until around the 10th century BC and his religion not formulated until the return from exile; whereas the prophet Zoroaster was called by the supreme god Ahura Mazda to proclaim his desires to all mankind in the 18th century BC.  It is recognized that much of Judaism was adopted from Zoroasterism during the Babylonian exile and eventually incorporated into Christianity.

There can only be one God by sheer definition, and that one God has revealed Himself in the person of His Son jesus Christ...

Actually, the only god is Ahura Mazda who revealed himself in the personage of his Son Mithra, 300 years before Paul copied Mithraism to create the Pauline Christianity that you seem to follow.

To have the Son is to have eternal life, but to deny the Son is not to have either Father or the Son, and the wrath of God still abides upon Him(or her)..

That’s right, to have the true Son of the true God Ahura Mazda, Lord Mithra is to have eternal life, but to deny him is not to have the Father Ahura Mazda or the Son Mithra, and the wrath of the Supreme god Ahura Mazda will abide upon you.  It is time to leave that mythological religion called Christianity, recognize the evil it has done over the centuries and come to the true Son, Mithra.

Edited by Mythra, 10 January 2006 - 10:07 PM.

#41    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 10 January 2006 - 10:02 PM

I concur........but a christian wont lol I wouldn't be surprised if a christian would try and say you are wrong either rolleyes.gif

#42    Jesusfan

Jesusfan

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:19 AM

Strange, your god was not worshipped until around the 10th century BC and his religion not formulated until the return from exile; whereas the prophet Zoroaster was called by the supreme god Ahura Mazda to proclaim his desires to all mankind in the 18th century BC.  It is recognized that much of Judaism was adopted from Zoroasterism during the Babylonian exile and eventually incorporated into Christianity.
Actually, the only god is Ahura Mazda who revealed himself in the personage of his Son Mithra, 300 years before Paul copied Mithraism to create the Pauline Christianity that you seem to follow.
That’s right, to have the true Son of the true God Ahura Mazda, Lord Mithra is to have eternal life, but to deny him is not to have the Father Ahura Mazda or the Son Mithra, and the wrath of the Supreme god Ahura Mazda will abide upon you.  It is time to leave that mythological religion called Christianity, recognize the evil it has done over the centuries and come to the true Son, Mithra.

Well... Please try to get your facts straight about faith of the Jews and the Christians...
God, God of the Bible, was involved in the life of Job, and of Abraham, and both of these men can be historical traced to approxiamently 1800-2000 years before the birth of Christ, so that was the same period as your Prophet was "called", in fact, I would dare say that it is the other way around, as the Babylonians had tales of the great Flood, which was a vague remembrence of what actually happened as written in the Bible, and the religion that you follow was a vague recalection of the time of the OT Patriarches..

And God of Isreal promised a coming Messiah all the way back in the begginnings, and Jesus was the fulfillment of those OT prophecies...

Interesting that the religion of Myth that you call Christianity is rooted and ground into historical events recored into History, built upon the revelations granted Men by the true God, and whose sign of approval upon jesus Christ as His Son was to resurrect Him from the dead...

Tell me please, was there any historical documentation that Mithra was a real person, claimed to be God, did miracles, and died and God raised him back from the Dead?

Christianity was rooted and built upon the OT framework of God... The God of Isreal is alone God, and revealed Himself to man through Abraham, Moses, and last of all, through His Son jesus Christ....

Tell me, did Mithra die as the Sinbearer, as a substutinary atonement for Sin, and was salvation proclaimed in his name, as a claim of him being resurrected and being the Lord was historically documented?

#43    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 02:23 AM

Well... Please try to get your facts straight about faith of the Jews and the Christians...
God, God of the Bible, was involved in the life of Job, and of Abraham, and both of these men can be historical traced to approxiamently 1800-2000 years before the birth of Christ, so that was the same period as your Prophet was "called", in fact, I would dare say that it is the other way around, as the Babylonians had tales of the great Flood, which was a vague remembrence of what actually happened as written in the Bible, and the religion that you follow was a vague recalection of the time of the OT Patriarches..

And God of Isreal promised a coming Messiah all the way back in the begginnings, and Jesus was the fulfillment of those OT prophecies...

Interesting that the religion of Myth that you call Christianity is rooted and ground into historical events recored into History, built upon the revelations granted Men by the true God, and whose sign of approval upon jesus Christ as His Son was to resurrect Him from the dead...

Tell me please, was there any historical documentation that Mithra was a real person, claimed to be God, did miracles, and died and God raised him back from the Dead?

Christianity was rooted and built upon the OT framework of God... The God of Isreal is alone God, and revealed Himself to man through Abraham, Moses, and last of all, through His Son jesus Christ....

Tell me, did Mithra die as the Sinbearer, as a substutinary atonement for Sin, and was salvation proclaimed in his name, as a claim of him being resurrected and being the Lord was historically documented?

See I was right laugh.gif

Dude you seriously need to get your facts straight..LOL it must of taken you some time to come up with that dribble but seriously Mythra did have his/her facts straight...thing is there is not ONE single christian will agree with it  rolleyes.gif typical LOL

#44    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

I have my facts straight, check out Mako’s essay on the origin of your mythology on the “What does it mean” thread.  The oldest extant copy of any of your scripture is the “Dead Sea Scrolls” and they only date back to the 1st century BCE.  Your scripture is full of contradiction, inaccuracies, and anachronisms (Abraham evidentially owned camels over 1500 years before they were introduced into Palestine and the Mediterranean area is just one of them).  I know that the Jews of Israel and Judah worshipped multiple gods and goddesses, with Yahweh/Elohim being the head god and Asherah was his wife….Really you do need to study the history of my religion and your religion.  We were around so much earlier than the Jews and Christians.  The Prophet Zoroaster taught in the 17th century BCE, the Jews only date until the 10th century BCE, the Lord Mithra was born and taught 3 centuries before you Jesus was supposed to have lived .

God, God of the Bible, was involved in the life of Job, and of Abraham, and both of these men can be historical traced to approxiamently 1800-2000 years before the birth of Christ

Actually, I would like to see the material that “historically” traces Abraham of the Chaldees (the Chaldeans did not enter history until the 7th century BCE, or about 1100 years after you claim Abraham lived) to 1800-2000.  Your religion claims that Moses wrote the first five books of your bible.  This is nearly half a millennium after these people supposedly lived and 300 years after the Prophet wrote the Avesta (our OT).  Judaism picked up much of it’s dogma from Zoroasterism during the exile and afterward while a ward of the Persian Empire.  Suddenly, Satan was no longer Jehovah’s “gofer”, but is instead the “evil God”, just as taught in Zoroasterism.  Really Dude, you need to educate yourself!

so that was the same period as your Prophet was "called", in fact, I would dare say that it is the other way around, as the Babylonians had tales of the great Flood, which was a vague remembrence of what actually happened as written in the Bible,
Actually, the bible stole the “flood stories” from the Babylonians, who stole them from the Sumerians, who stole them from the Akkadians.  The whole Noah story (but a different name for the hero) was known in the scriptures of the Canaanite city of Ebla, almost word for word with the version in the bible – 200 years prior to the Exodus….so much for your flood story, stolen from another Semite religion!  As for “the other way around”, if you have any proof other than your pathetic mythology and personal feeling that the Prophet was not called, then now is the time to offer them up!

and the religion that you follow was a vague recalection of the time of the OT Patriarches.

Dude, just above you identified Abraham and the other Patriarchs as having live contemporary to the Prophet Zoroaster, so how can Zoroasterism or Mithraism (based on Zoroasterism) be a vauge recollection of the time of the OT Patriarchs?  Maybe they lived much later and Judaism (and conversely Christianity) is just a vague recollection of Zoroaster and his teachings.

He promised a war leader, an earthly king – that is what Messiah means, just ask any Hebrew speaker and scholar of their religion!

Please offer up these "historica"l events that are recorded in history…also offer up your evidences that they are indeed recorded in history.

Tell you what, when you offer up contemporary evidence that Jesus was a real person, claimed to be god, did miracles and died and resurrected, then I will give you the evidence of Lord Mithra’s life.

Strictly a personal opinion, with absolutely no evidence to support it,  one not embraced by ¾’s of humanity.

Yes to all – and 300 years before your copy-cat man-god.

#45    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:12 PM

.  Really Dude, you need to educate yourself!

I second that thumbsup.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users