Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ancient Civilizations on Mars...

DamienPriest

http://www.anomalous-images.com/mars.html

Here are some great photographs taken by our Nasa Satelites of Mars...

They point out several possibilities of Ancient Life that could of existed on Mars...

Notice the city like landscapes and valleys, those are more interesting than the Pyramid itself...

If this was discussed before, my apologies but some cool photos to look at!

Post your opinion on these pictures, do you think these are just images of mountains and valleys of mars or possibility of evidence of an Ancient Civilization on Mars?

Your thoughts?

Matt

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DamienPriest

• Hazzard

• Lilly

• Essan

I'm siding with the geological explanation on this one. Richard Hoagland and others have long been touting the "monuments of Mars" and the "face on Mars" as indications of an ancient Martian civilization. However, more updated photos and an understanding of image processing leads us in the direction of a geological explanation. Ok, I just saw your additions! I think that this article is quite telling.

Go over to Bad Astronomy and read about exactly why these images do not provide a good case for artificial structures on Mars.

I really wish it was true, it would be wonderful to find proof of advanced life in our own solar system. However, I'm convinced we're going to have to investigate other solar systems to find any advanced life/civilizations.

I'm siding with the geological explanation on this one.

Agreed!

Cool pictures, but nothing that nature couldn't create

Mars certainly couldn't have given rise to an indigenous civilization since it's been in a deep freeze since the Noachian period. Pyramids and faces are the work of primitive societies and therefore would have been the work of an indigenous race, which can't exist. Ergo, Hoagland must be wrong. Btw, all rational UFOlogists are welcome to join my MSN group:

http://groups.msn.com/greatleadersoftomorrow

Edited by starman2003

I agree with Lilly,most interpretations of the photo suggest that the feature is a natural landform, one of many mesas that scatter Cydonia. In this view of things, the appearance of a face is given by a combination of the angle of the lighting (with the sun low on the Martian horizon at the time the photo was taken), the low resolution of the photo tending to smooth out the irregularities of the surface, and the human brain's tendency to recognize familiar patterns, especially faces (pareidolia).

The fact that all these large geological features aren't man(martian)made doesn't preclude the possiblity that there may have once been life on Mars, or indeed even a civilisation. However, the remains of such would now be buried under millions of years of dust and meteorite impact debris. Even on Earth, remains of ancient cities etc are usually only determinable from satellites because the foundations affect local vegetation. We wouldn't expect to see anything in Martian satellite images.

Some people actually thinks that there are bushes on Mars.

Is there nowhere that George and his clan haven't got their sticky little mitts? :P;)

I agree with Essan: more than likely, any structures have probably been quite altered or destroyed by many years of deterioration. It's quite difficult for me to analyze photographs to determine proof of life on Mars. I simply do not see much of anything in the photos, other than the strange lines and curves. (Hasn't it once been stated that nature does not produce straight lines?) So that is odd.

I've seen photos of the Russian probe before alleged "contact with UFO". That is interesting.

The face on Mars: very interesting, because it looks like a constructed monument. But, of course, these photos have been debunked by many, including NASA.

I believe that the existence of alien civilization will be announced via global awareness/ contact with the public by aliens. Or that the government will finally acknowledge aliens because they have no choice in the matter, having been informed by aliens that they will make themselves known to humans of earth.

Perhaps photos, such as these, are merely a ploy to gradually expose the idea of alien existence. However, I'm hoping that they will just land on the capital lawn already and get it over with. (Hopefully in my life time.) I do believe in aliens, and I want to know damn it.

Is there nowhere that George and his clan haven't got their sticky little mitts? :P;)

:lol: Good one. :tu:

I believe that the existence of alien civilization will be announced via global awareness/ contact with the public by aliens. Or that the government will finally acknowledge aliens because they have no choice in the matter, having been informed by aliens that they will make themselves known to humans of earth.

Perhaps photos, such as these, are merely a ploy to gradually expose the idea of alien existence. However, I'm hoping that they will just land on the capital lawn already and get it over with. (Hopefully in my life time.) I do believe in aliens, and I want to know damn it.

This would be great! I think it likely that somewhere 'out there' in the galaxy aliens do exist. I'm not sure if aliens have ever visited the Earth or not, but I'd love it if they found their way here and made themself public. Hopefully, it will happen in my lifetime, which (sadly) is probably shorter than most around here!

This would be great! I think it likely that somewhere 'out there' in the galaxy aliens do exist. I'm not sure if aliens have ever visited the Earth or not, but I'd love it if they found their way here and made themself public. Hopefully, it will happen in my lifetime, which (sadly) is probably shorter than most around here!

the truth is close at hand.....

LMAO! The're looking for "terrorists"........... :w00t:

Lapi'che

I agree with Lilly, simply natural exposure to the harsh environment of Mars. If you look at certain aspects of Earth, surtain hills and mountains look like they have been created, but it’s simply the natural forces in play.

I wonder if an atmosphere stable enough to sustain life ever existed on Mars.

I can't help but wonder what type of atmosphere would be created on the Red Orb, if say, Olympus Mons ( http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/gallery/atlas/olympus-mons.html ) was not a magmatic volcanoe, but a geyser?

We're talking about a geyser larger than the largest mountain on Earth, on a planet half the size of Earth.

Natural greenhouse gases may have warmed Mars to the extent needed to sustaining life.

http://www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~glennon/geysers/

HOLY sh**! ITS CHAUNCY! :o