Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Spear of Destiny

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

Out of curiosity, is this thing real? Was there any actual evidence of it existing?

All I know is what it is and that it was last seen during WW2.

Any info would be great original.gif

Thanks.

#2    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:52 AM

Already a Spear of Destiny thread, but it was thought that the Nazis stole the real one and produced a fake.

Posted Image

#3    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 09:56 AM

Oh, couldn't find one in search...whats the thread called?

#4    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:01 AM

Actually now that I think about it it was a Nazi occult thread where we discussed the Spear of Destiny. There were two of them, but I forget the name of the thread. We also talked about a documentary on it.

Posted Image

#5    Mad Manfred

Mad Manfred

Cutesy Wootsy

• 4,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

Cool, I think I found the ones you mean...thanks original.gif

#6    Incubus420

Incubus420

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Reˇbel (rĭ-bĕl'): Verb. To resist or defy an authority, generally accepted idea or convention.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:08 AM

ahh yes, the spear of destiny. a peculiar object in itself. yes it does in fact exist, however aside from what you have seen in the movie Constantine, it has been seen since world war 2. but in order for me to really explain it i have to give you what little history of it that i have (and guys feel free to correct and expand on what i say after this, i'm just trying to help this guy out with what little knowledge i have). anyways, we all probably know that the spear that pierced the side of jesus christ our lord during his crucifixition is considered the blow that ultimately led to his death, well legend has it that that spearhead ever since entering the body of christ has had supernatural significance to it, more particularly being the power to do a world of good or the exact opposite, being a world of bad. Legend also pertains to holding destiny in your hands as long as you have the spear of destiny, back to the whole idea of having the power to do good or bad. Well, as far as where the spear went after the crucifixition exactly is a mystery to me, but i do know where it ended up eventually, and that location is a particular museum in germany (the one exactly i don't remember the name of, my apologies but the name exactly is all over the internet attainable by a simple search.) anyways, there the spear stood up until the time of hitler, back when he was a mere civilian. one day hitler visited the museum and was deeply transfixed to the spear. somebody who i assume worked for the museum told hitler of the legend of the spear of destiny, and it only ignited hitler's obession even further with it. when hitler finally rose to power, he had acquired the spear into his possesion, and not in the museum any further. when the war finally ended, american soldiers had specific knowledge of the spear and were already informed that it was in the bunkers, or at least they found it there, but supposedly they didn't seem too shocked. anyways, supposedly they were ordered to guard it for a day or two until it was returned to the museum where hitler took it from. but an account of somebody from the museum whose job it was to guard the spear said that the spear returned to the museum by america was a fake, a replica of it designed to fool the world, however that person died the day it was returned and only lived to tell a single person, who in turn tried to tell certain people and yada yada yada, eventually leading up here as another urban legend for our very ears. but the fact remains, of America's own rise to power ever since world war 2. Who holds the spear of destiny, and what exactly are its powers? Does the spear of destiny in fact choose our destiny for us, just choosing us as puppets to act out history? Is it in fact preordained to act out fate as the hand of god? (meaning, the concentration camps, genocide and etc. being yet another test from god for his chosen people, the jews) All these questions do have answers, but they are answers not many of us know or may ever know. but another legend, this one most likely false, is that the spear itself is actually a stick, or tool or something that god himself gave adam to tend to the garden of eden, in turn adam turned it into a farm tool to tend to the land after he was cast out of the garden of eden, and then in turn it was turned into a spear when kain killed abel, and then it is unknown what supposedly happened to it until it ended up piercing christs side. that legend on the other hand, i am not so sure about. the only reason i stated it was for you guys to inquire about being as when i saw it on the internet it had so much more facts behind it and qoutes from the bible. alright im out, peace.

Edited by Incubus420, 07 January 2006 - 10:14 AM.

You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one...

(The purest forms of life are days we're never getting back.)

#7    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:12 AM

Great info, might as well keep this thread going clap.gif

Posted Image

#8    Incubus420

Incubus420

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

• Reˇbel (rĭ-bĕl'): Verb. To resist or defy an authority, generally accepted idea or convention.

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:14 AM

thanks, it's a little blurry, but i tried.

#9    Incubus420

Incubus420

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:24 AM

oh yeah, actually how the movie Constantine says that the spear of destiny hasn't been seen since world war 2, they could be implying as well that the spear at the museum in germany is indeed a replica, and that either america or someone else has it. so who knows, maybe they're telling the truth, movie or not. lol yeah anyways, just a thought i forgot to put into my first post.

#10    Northawke_rs

Northawke_rs

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:23 PM

New member here, but from what I remember on the history of the Spear is that the inner part of the spear was tested and dates to around 800 AD. The silver or golden part dates from 1200 AD. There seems to be an older piece of material embedded in it, however and it's been theorized that there's a nail from the cross in the center. The testing did seem to be pretty conclusive, however, on it not being the actual spear that pierced Jesus' side.

#11    super non beliver

super non beliver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 01:56 AM

OK I Am Lost can some tell me what the hell is going on blink.gif  hmm.gif

#12    Kortef

Kortef

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:21 AM

Oh god, I love topics pertaining to the Spirit of Destiny, such a tool of power...But its legend is far more broad than most people think.

Spear of Longinus and the Heilige Lance as the spear is also known, the origin of the name 'Longinus' comes from the man who impaled Christ, Gaius Cassius, and he was then, later named Longinus.

But I'll break straight to the point...The most eerie thing is not what could happen if someone now got ahold of this spear, or whether or not it even contains power. The history of the spear gives evidence to itself.

For years it has been passed down into different hands, mainly some of Europes greatest military and political leaders, people like Alaric the great Visigoth king who brought Rome to its knees making the kingdom crumble, somewhere around the early 400's.

People like Charlemagne and Frederick of Barbarossa seemed impossible to kill, as their armies seemed impossiblr to defeat...until they lost grasp of the spear. Coincidence? Ha, I doubt it.

You see, the 'legend' already proves itself, everyone great person that has held this spear, has had some great impact on the world.

Now as for Hitler, when he had the spear, in the year 1944 Hitler had the spear and some other artifacts burried within St. Katherines Church, with some other religious artifacts.

The following year, Allied troops who raided the church, found the Spear, and took it...Two hours later, Hitler killed himself.

You decide.

#13    PLO

PLO

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:45 AM

pretty specious reasoning all the same, its kinda like if i was the most ultimate hand to hand combat ninja madman on the planet, but i had this little pink teddy i called Armitage Shanks and i only ever gave Artmitage Shanks away to the next ultimate hand to hand combat ninja madman on the planet once i retired and he would do the same, and so forth.  Now just becuase we happend to be the ultimate hand to hand combat ninja madmen on the planet or perhaps some of the greatest political leaders or military leaders off al time, it might have actually all been down to old Armitage Shanks.  Becuase every ultimate hand to hand combat ninja madman on the planet had him.  Much like that silly spear.

a plecobo i think it is.

plz also note that the title of Ultimate Hand to Hand Combat Ninja Madman on the Planet is implying i never loose, becuase obviously im the ultimate hand to hand combat ninja madman on the planet.

Edited by PLO, 09 January 2006 - 03:47 AM.

www.oilempire.us  www.killinghope.org

#14    Kortef

Kortef

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 03:51 AM

Your theory is all 'if's'...And I think you being the crazy ultimate, ninja, wazawizoo whatever person, means nothing...It could be a placebo, but placebos I doubt would work for great wars like the Spear has seen...

With placebos that are given to you, you are usually in control with how you act...the spear, was something you had, and people tried to kill you...with most placebos, people dont try and kill you. Therefore, a little placebo, wouldnt stop thousands of people from finding you and your men, and killing you...Mmmk pumpkin? hmm.gif

#15    PLO

PLO

Poltergeist

• Banned
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 09 January 2006 - 04:12 AM

no see, you dont get it, i mean did you not even notice armitage???

look, the power that men apparently had when they got the spear is the placebo it would feed their minds of grandeur they would have been great and powerful men, regardless.  Simple as that.  its like macbeth with the three witches.

Edited by PLO, 09 January 2006 - 04:13 AM.

www.oilempire.us  www.killinghope.org

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users