Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Was the universe created?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 March 2002 - 04:15 AM

Read this article and see what you think. I go for the "Anthropic Principle" myself.

click here

never take me too seriously

#2    Sheff_Pud

Sheff_Pud

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 11:01 PM

Simply take a seed of matter and squeeze it to the extraordinary density that once triggered the inflation of our universe. This will make a black hole. Guth says the super-dense interior will inflate in a bubble-like space-time connected to our time by the "umbilical cord" of the hole. This cord is unstable, and when it breaks, a baby universe will be born.

Oh so it's as easy as that eh?
SO HOW COME NOBODY'S DONE IT THEN ?

Surgeons must be very carefulWhen they take the knife!Underneath their fine incisionsStirs the Culprit -- Life!                            (Emily Dickinson)

#3    dean-g

dean-g

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 12:03 AM

if you want to annoy professor stephen hawking,  just ask him to prove his theories! :s01

look behind you!!.........BOO!

#4    Sheff_Pud

Sheff_Pud

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 12:14 AM

Genius or whacko?
It seems scientists are like artists-appreciated more after they're dead.
The problem is their theories are never proved (or disproved) until long after their demise! This doesn't help us much either cos we can only discuss and, of course, never reach any definite conclusions.
It's SO frustrating!  :s01

Surgeons must be very carefulWhen they take the knife!Underneath their fine incisionsStirs the Culprit -- Life!                            (Emily Dickinson)

#5    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 12:41 AM

I will still believe in the one God theory and not the 'supreme beings' or Anthropic Priniciple.  Whether there are multi-universes or not, I have no idea, and I'm open to the possibility. However, in my humble opinion, I will continue to believe that if there are more than one, God created all universes.

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#6    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 24 March 2002 - 11:43 AM

as you can imagine i'm not big on the god theory. Positive and negative forces maybe, but nothing sapient (let alone omnipitant)
I agologise that my spell is off a bit - i'm still quite squiffy
*hick*

never take me too seriously

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users