Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

do u belive in heaven

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: do u belive in heaven (42 member(s) have cast votes)

do u belive in heaven

1. yes (25 votes [59.52%])

Percentage of vote: 59.52%

2. i think it is bull honky (17 votes [40.48%])

Percentage of vote: 40.48%

3. only if i am wasted (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#46    Irish

Irish

“The Mod Father”

• 4,935 posts

• Practice Random Acts of Kindness, they return to you!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

There are those that believe in heaven and hell and those that hope they are wrong! thumbsup.gif

Most people do not want to know the truth they only want confirmation for what they think is truth.

#47    NoTC

NoTC

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• "Please Provide Proof of your fantasy claims. Thanks!"

Posted 26 January 2006 - 08:54 PM

That's your personal opinion and opinions are like anuses - everyone has one!  Dictionaries are what rules language and the definition of Christianity is a linguistic execise and comes under language....what the defintion says stands.  Christians are very good at trying to talk around subjects, usually to no avail!  Knight by definition is a Christian.   By his definition, even the founder of his religion is not a Christian.

The founder? Talking about Jesus Christ? By my definition, why would He even be called  Christian? Or any definition by that matter? I haven't tried talking around anything. I think I've done a straight forward job of presenting my beliefs/opinions, as well as answering questions, here, and anywhere else on this forum. Just because I don't use the dictionary as my guiding light doesn't mean I'm talking around anything.

How is it insulting? hmm.gif  The guy obviously does not believe in heaven..thats his opinion and guess what he is fully entitled to it..just in the same way you are entitled to yours.....its very ignorant to tell someone their beliefs in God whether they are NB's or Believers...I myself believe in God...but I show respect for others that don't...cuz who am I to judge..after all we can't prove God exsists but we also can't prove he doesn't either

The fact that he stated that people such as myself "need" a belief in order to exist is insulting as it implies that we're on a lower level than the rest. I don't disrespect anyone for not believing in heaven or hell. That's them. I do what I'm supposed to do : )

Reality: Arranging various words into a “profound” statement does not make the statement a fact, no matter how credible the source.
                                         ---------------------ME

I'm absolutely amazed at just how many people still believe in FANTASY when they are proven by science to be incorrect.

#48    Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

Talking about Jesus Christ?

No - Paul of Taurus!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I had him executed once before, and if he were actually to return, I would have him executed again!</span>

#49    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

The founder? Talking about Jesus Christ? By my definition, why would He even be called  Christian? Or any definition by that matter? I haven't tried talking around anything. I think I've done a straight forward job of presenting my beliefs/opinions, as well as answering questions, here, and anywhere else on this forum. Just because I don't use the dictionary as my guiding light doesn't mean I'm talking around anything.
The fact that he stated that people such as myself "need" a belief in order to exist is insulting as it implies that we're on a lower level than the rest. I don't disrespect anyone for not believing in heaven or hell. That's them. I do what I'm supposed to do : )

Heaven is a place for people who need to believe in a higher plain or existance, or a place to meet their maker and dead relatives. Im not a religious person so I dont need to buy into a heaven theory.<-- is all he wrote..to me as a believer in God & heaven   and I don't find it insulting its just his belief so be it

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#50    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,015 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:50 AM

Yes, Heaven is in space. The 1st level of which is the Solar system, the 8th level is the Zodiacal belt, and so on.

Posted Image

#51    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:19 AM

From what I understand, the tenth is where God and the angels with free will reside.

Posted Image

#52    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:07 PM

There are those that believe in heaven and hell and those that hope they are wrong! thumbsup.gif

Why would anyone want to hope that those that believe in heaven is wrong...gee the very thought of going to a nice place and seeing all of your loved ones again is something nice to hope for..even if I was a NB..if I saw there was such a place I'd be glad I did...but hey thats just my opinion

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users