Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are you a sceptic or believer?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 March 2002 - 02:09 PM

;D
Just wanted to see where everyone's allegiences lie (well i can tell from those who post a lot but what about those who don't?)

never take me too seriously

#2    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

• The Most Purple Haired Gothic Hedonistic member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps

Posted 23 March 2002 - 02:12 PM

Just to clarify the second option should read (but i ran out of letters)
"Sceptic: no desire especially to believe, i want proof"
and the thirs option is
"Sceptic: I want to believe, but no proof has presented itself to me yet"

#3    Becca_gurl

Becca_gurl

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 06:03 PM

It's depending on what your talking about.  Some things I do believe, and some I don't.  I wouldn't know which to click on?  8)

#4    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 06:59 PM

[blue] I voted 'A lot of weird stuff goes on' because a lot of it does. Either, there are a lot of odd things in our universe, or we're not intelligent/advanced enough to understand them.

image[/blue]

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

#5    Homer

Homer

Government Agent

• 3,814 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 09:00 PM

I found it difficult to answer only because some things I believe in, such as ghosts, lost civilizations, some government conspiracies(although I'm not a big conspiracy buff, I know some goes on). Then there are things I want to believe in and haven't entirely ruled out, such as Bigfoot, Giant Anacondas, Nessy, many different dimensions we know nothing about, space/time warps(such as worm holes). Then there's things I simply don't believe in, and won't without either proof or overwhelming evidense to support it, such as alien visitation, cryptozoology & mysterious creatures and the like.

However, in the end, I voted for " A lot of wird stuff goes on"

אַ֭תָּה אֱלֹהֵ֣י יִשְׁעִ֑י

#6    Sheff_Pud

Sheff_Pud

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 112 posts

Posted 23 March 2002 - 11:37 PM

I'd like to believe, if only for a sense of belonging, but there are so many nutters and con-artists out there it makes it very difficult to actually commit oneself to anything other than family (and even they can't be trusted all the time!).

Surgeons must be very carefulWhen they take the knife!Underneath their fine incisionsStirs the Culprit -- Life!                            (Emily Dickinson)

#7    PurpleStuart

PurpleStuart

Goth

• 2,118 posts

Posted 24 March 2002 - 11:49 AM

Yeah i meant the question to cover all paranormal subjects as a generality, so the answers would be a general overview.

i know what you mean homer - i had to deliberate hard before answering my own question, but the answer you posted in your post above is the sort of info i was interested in, thanks

#8    Druss

Druss

Psychic Spy

• 1,209 posts

• My tongue is firmly in my cheek

Posted 24 March 2002 - 03:44 PM

In the end after much deliberation I voted 'sceptic: I want to beleive but no proof yet'.
I think until I've been there, done it and got the t-shirt I am going to be somewhat sceptical.

(thinks:- mazehouse been ,done,got t-shirt, above may be bad analogy).
;D ;D ;D

#9    SpaceyKC

SpaceyKC

Government Agent

• 3,349 posts

• Thank you TO

Posted 26 March 2002 - 01:14 AM

PS,
      When I read the first choice: It's all fiction,  I thought of the saying,  TRUTH IS STRANGER THAN FICTION.  
       I forgot where I was going with that so,  I voted for the 'weird stuff'  :s02                  

"Science may have found a cure for most evils;  but it has
         found no remedy for the worst of them all --- the apathy of human beings."
                                                     Helen Keller

#10    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 16 August 2002 - 12:46 PM

I believe that alot of things that we do not fully understand are happening .So I guess I'm not a skeptic.Wether or not aliens ,ghost's and such are the actuall cause of these things I still veiw with a little skeptisism. :su

p.s check out that funky lil fella.

#11    cerberus

cerberus

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

• Hello Kitty

Posted 26 August 2002 - 01:38 PM

i think it all depends on whether you are open minded.no doubt that a lot of fraud and hoaxes go on, but you can't dismiss any of it.until you can defo say its a hoax, you dont know.we can't comprehend or explain why these things happen..we can just speculate.i'm open minded, i think why not? but at the same time you can become gullible to something because you wanna know an answer and a hoaxer gives it to you.it's a case of sifting thru the crap, and beleiving your instincts, to find the true answers.

#12    SPAC3MAN

SPAC3MAN

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 March 2003 - 02:30 AM

WEOW! im a little late -almost a year -late! ...... heheheh!  i find unxplain things to be more reasonable than- be a critic to someone else's opinion. its not how many times u are right, or how many times u have been proven wrong. we are all humans  - no matter how   diffrent we see each other, we are in coded in the same level- our dna is always the same no matter how diffrent. ph34r.gif

This is just the first step... in time we take another...                                                    

#13    mandy

mandy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2003 - 03:00 PM

I still sit on the fence .but, the more I'm learning, the more I lean towards the sceptic's side.  thumbsup.gif  

#14    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 17 August 2003 - 07:04 PM

Skeptic all the way.

Nothing to see here.

#15    Lung

Lung

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 06:08 AM

I'm a skeptic. Of course, i'm only skeptical of anything that defies discovery. Sooner or later, sonething must be able to be found, or it must be assumed that it, at the very least, no longer exists. Elves and fairies never did materialise, so were simply replaced by witches and warlocks, which consequently never materialised either. Only time will tell whether there are UFO's, but our obsession with space and technology seems too much of a coincidence to be real i.e. UFO's are a figment of our (technologically-minded) imaginations. Furthermore, the tendency to only show themselves to select people has distrurbing parallels with elves, fairies, witches and the like, suggesting it's merely a reflection of the times.

As for yetis, yowies and bigfoot, i tend to think that it's simply a case of us failing to comprehend that these are memories of ancestors further in the past than we imagine. Is it possible that these legends go back tens of thousands of years to when there were indeed neanderthals? Could these legends have lasted so long as to actually reflect a pre-ancient reality?

In other words, if it's scientifically possible (even allowing for science we haven't uncovered yet), i can accept it as a possibility thumbsup.gif  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users