Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Are you a sceptic or believer?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#31    crosswarrior

crosswarrior

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts

• In The Name Of God, Impure Souls Of The Living Dead Shall Be Banished Into Eternal Damnation. AMEN

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:18 AM

I am going to put my self down as the skeptic who wnts to believe. I don't reject stuff right off the bat, but neither do i accept it completely at first either.  

Fiat justitia ruat caelum.
(Justice, though heaven fall)

Enter freely. Go safely and leave something of the happiness you bring.

#32    Xenojjin

Xenojjin

Absurdity

• 2,753 posts

• Life is not meaningful, therefore it is.

Posted 15 December 2003 - 03:53 AM

Believer in some cases that seem possible but a skeptic to things that seemingly come out of nowhere ( AKA sounds like some kid thought it up ) .  

In the way, the supernatural is what's behind the curtain. Normally, you only need to see what's happening in stage. That's how reality works. If you don't know then it's for the best. Actually, learning about the supernatural only increases the number of things you don't know.

Posted Image

#33    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 04:09 AM

a little from column A a little from column B
grin2.gif

#34    moe eubleck

moe eubleck

No need to thank us

• 7,001 posts

• may the horse of Caligula drop one in your senate building.

Posted 15 December 2003 - 06:08 AM

I am a believer in the fact that I am a skeptic. But I dont always believe other skeptics.  At times, I tend to be skeptical about believers.
  I firmly believe that believers actually believe some of the more ridiculous beliefs out there while skeptics remain skeptical. But are skeptics skeptical about thier own skeptic beliefs? Of this, Moe believes he is a skeptic.

wacko.gif  

Posted Image
Moe's Poetry Corner
Moe's Big Adventure
" Behavior is a function of its consequences, invoked by the antecedant conditions"

#35    kreestar

kreestar

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 16 December 2003 - 03:04 AM

I'm a believer...doo doo doo doo doo. Very Sorry. Unless their claims seems outrageous or they can't spell what they are trying to talk about.

Then away out in the woods I heard that kind of a sound that a ghost makes when it wants to tell about something that's on its mind and can't make itself understood, and so can't rest easy in its grave, and has to go about that way every night grieving.

#36    Scorpius

Scorpius

Universal Researcher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,821 posts

• Harness the energies around you and you'll be able to do wondrous things.

Posted 29 December 2003 - 09:29 PM

From what i understand, the unexplained-mysteries TV show, discusses and presents these mysteries that have existed for many years and have not been explained, hence the title "Unexplained-mysteries".  In addition, it demonstrates many stories and claims of certain paranormal and psychic phenomenon that seems to be quite authentic and true.

To the mere skeptic, one could immediately dismiss these as part of an elaborate scheme for the producers to profit from.  However, there are facts to these and one cannot deny what is known, otherwise you would be in a state of denial, and to deny what is real is to deny your own existance.

To the mere believer, one could immediately approve of all topics and claims that have been demonstrated and shown, without analyzing the facts from the fiction.  And from the perspective of a skeptic, one could simply judge a believer as a gullable "nut-case".

To the fair and open-minded, one could completely analyze the facts from the fiction, and gather his or her own educated judgements, with such logic and clarification, that neither the believer nor the skeptic can dismiss.

And this is where i stand, neither ying nor yang, but generally inbetween.

"To believe something unbelievable is simply "unbelievable", and to believe something believable is simply "believable"--or is it?"

Posted Image
Avatar and Signature designed and animated by me.  
Do not speak for those who can speak, but speak for those who cannot.

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."  - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881-1955)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users