Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

How did we survive the dinosaur era?

• Please log in to reply
183 replies to this topic

#151    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,276 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 21 March 2006 - 01:02 PM

don't suppose you took any family photo's with you riding the dino's??

That was before cameras we drew on rocks.  Here is a picture of good old Dad on a dino.

[attachmentid=24147]

Attached Files

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#152    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:36 PM

That looks like a "dropa stone".

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#153    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,780 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 07:52 PM

Zandore, we're talking about Darkwind and his family riding dinosaurs.  We would appreciate not equating that to such prepostorous ideas as the Dropa stones.

#154    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:21 PM

Zandore, we're talking about Darkwind and his family riding dinosaurs.  We would appreciate not equating that to such prepostorous ideas as the Dropa stones.

Relaaax. The stone looks cool.  tongue.gif

Edited by ZeroShadow, 21 March 2006 - 08:21 PM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#155    novaceleste

novaceleste

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:36 PM

Relaaax. The stone looks cool.  tongue.gif

I argee, cool picture!

Not all who wander are lost.

#156    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.
    Genghis Khan

Posted 21 March 2006 - 08:41 PM

blush.gif   My bad!

I was thinking about some stones found in I believe Mexico. They have a natural varnish on them and some had dinosaurs (with humans riding them) carved on them. I can not recall what they are called.

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#157    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 18,780 posts

Posted 21 March 2006 - 09:53 PM

Well, there's the Ica stones, from Peru, however it is pretty much an open secret down there that these stones are fake and made to sell to the tourists.  Even in the silly little museum they have down there, with some of the original stones, one can see how the dinosaurs do not match current conceptions of dino structure, but are almost identical to how dinos were depicted in the comic books of that era.

#158    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,276 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 12:53 AM

Ya'll don't beleave me? Gee my story's no more prepostorous than the one creationist have come up with.   wink2.gif

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#159    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 22 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

I have a better one. Some years ago i found a book in a very very ancient tomb in Palurdustan, in the midlle of nowhere in  central Asia.
The name of the book was something like "The users manual to life and truth" by the Fliying Spaghetti monster. Among a lot of very real histories, it was the one were the FSM seeded the world whit the bones of some Mars Giant Chickens, to make a practical joye to the humans, so they belive that some giatns reptiles lived millons of years ago.And the book said that the chickens taste really good.
It also said something like the FSM taking a human costume something like 2000 years ago and going hippy in middle east.
And there is a little note about him getting too much beer a night and going to pee for 40 days and nights.....

Its all real, its in the book!!!! Its the truth. If you dont agree, you are deluded or liying. Its in the book!!!!!

laugh.gif

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#160    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Genghis Khan

Posted 22 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

The name of the book was something like "The users manual to life and truth" by the Fliying Spaghetti monster.

The Flying Spaghetti Monster is a false God!

The Invisible Pink Unicorn -- the world's oldest and most respected parody deity -- has denounced Flying Spaghetti Monsterism as a "cult."

"Mainline philosophical atheism has being cheapened by the introduction of this recent, imperfect analogy," said the IPU. "Flying Spaghetti Monsterism is a commercial fad which exploits the needs of the non-gulllible for quick and easy ridicule of religion."

Invisible Pink Unicorn

REPENT SAITH THE INVISIBLE PINK UNICORN!

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#161    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 22 March 2006 - 05:34 PM

HERETIC!!!!!

poor deluded non-beliver. I will see you in Hell, from my nice rack in the Italian Food Heaven. Dont adore false goods and idols. The FSM is god, and the Pizza Guy in his prophet!!!!

laugh.gif

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#162    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

Genghis Khan

Posted 22 March 2006 - 06:25 PM

The Invisible Pink Unicorn -- the world's oldest and most respected parody deity

Now back on topic!

QUOTE(Aquatus)
Well, there's the Ica stones, from Peru, however it is pretty much an open secret down there that these stones are fake and made to sell to the tourists.
I know they are reputed to be fake.

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#163    alphaone

alphaone

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2006 - 09:41 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by this, but we didn't exactly 'live' during the dinosaur era. We were long after...
  YOU  HAVE  IT  WRONG,  WE  SURVIVED  BY  BEING  SMARTER  AND  HIDING  IN  SMALLER  HOLES   THAN  THAY  COULD  GET  INTO

#164    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,276 posts

Posted 23 March 2006 - 12:49 AM

It was small mouse like mammals not humanbeings.

#165    Hans Dolbrook

Hans Dolbrook

opemmind1963

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 24 March 2006 - 12:07 AM

the main reason we survived the dino era,imo,was the fact we were'nt around when they were,or else we would'nt have survived!!! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

{" Everyone needs to feel safe but hell; might as well blame the trailer park for attracting lightning bolts and tornados. I mean, I had a hand in certain things. But everybody's got free will... I just give them enough rope to hang themselves."-Lucas Buck}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users