Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what is the greatest trick

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#1    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

what is the greatest trick the devil has played on man? to make man think he doesn't exist?
hmm... what about to make man think the devil is god.. so man willingly give him his soul?
suppose jesus was the anti-christ? and the anti-christ we all believe to come in the near future is the actual christ...  if we killed off the actual christ thinking hes the devil....wouldn't god get angry and destroy us all? as it would be the end of the world prophecized??

the devil would be more likely to advertise himself, slandering his opponent, making the opposite as horrible as possible...   what if satan was the real deal...and jesus was the wolf in sheeps clothing?

A real god doesn't need to publicize himself or trying to preach his word the way religion is today... a real god let you find him.. not by propaganda and advertising and scare tactics..the fear of eternal damnation...  

so think about it.. what really is the greates trick the devil has played on man?

#2    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:06 AM

Well more people kill in Christ's name than Satan's tongue.gif
But perhaps that's because they are so passionate about their faith.
Very Usual Suspects...

Posted Image

#3    Astronema

Astronema

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:07 AM

I dont know what he has done but it says in the bible...some religions say that the devil and god are having a spiritual war between good and evil so maybe that trick triggered the war

#4    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:09 AM

exactly! what kind of god would allow killing in the name of him? isn't killing a sin?? isn't worshiping false god or statue a sin? i.e. the cross, jesus on cross...  
thats more souls for the true devil.

#5    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:12 AM

Actually to me, Satan and God make quite a team. And this is evident in the Book of Job. Satan asks permission from God to harm Job. And if God is all-knowing, he had to have known what the devil was up to in the Garden of Eden (I don't believe this though).

Posted Image

#6    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:35 AM

ahahhahah if god is all knowing.. then why would god test man if god already know the outcome of  any test.. so what good is a test if there is no need for it? what good is free will if god already know what you are going to do and the path you lead? doesn't logic just basically tears apart the whole god, divine thing? i wonder what excuses and explanations the bible people are going to respond with.

#7    Neo2005

Neo2005

The One

• 3,523 posts

• If you die in the matrix you die here?
    The body cannot live without the mind.

Posted 14 January 2006 - 01:43 AM

Don;t people say that it was
"convincing the world he doesn;t exist."?

#8    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:05 AM

that's like saying, hey isn't water wet?  same differece!!!!!  >:/

#9    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,441 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:27 AM

ahahhahah if god is all knowing.. then why would god test man if god already know the outcome of any test.. so what good is a test if there is no need for it? what good is free will if god already know what you are going to do and the path you lead? doesn't logic just basically tears apart the whole god, divine thing? i wonder what excuses and explanations the bible people are going to respond with.

I feel that god isn't detatched, like you seem to imply. God would be experiencing the test and conducting it at the same time.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#10    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

ok? why would you experience and conduct the test if you already know the outcome? how many times can you do something when you already know the outcome will be before you get bored out of your mind? so is god all knowing or not knowing at all?
god seem to contradict himself all the time.

#11    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 14 January 2006 - 05:07 AM

ok? why would you experience and conduct the test if you already know the outcome? how many times can you do something when you already know the outcome will be before you get bored out of your mind? so is god all knowing or not knowing at all?
god seem to contradict himself all the time.

rolleyes.gif God has not contradicted himself the men that have written  & re-written what they think is Gods word are guilty of the contradictions....not God...in fact I don't believe the bible really is the word of God

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#12    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:52 AM

If we have free-will, I believe that God would have prepared the way for either choice. It is like climbing a tree. Who knows which branch you will take, but the rest of the tree all leads up to the same place. The Top.

#13    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:04 AM

BM brought up a good point. Some believe it is the word of God based on text that was written by man. How do we really know God's attributes?

Posted Image

#14    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

I am a horrible person =D

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

• To those who have been watching all this time...

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:05 AM

Yeah, and it is so badly interpretated, can you believe that some people don't know who was jesus father? tongue.gif

Dont look at me like that, i'm innocent as a human!

#15    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 11:16 AM

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled in my opinion, was telling half truths. Because it's far more clever than an outright lie.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users