Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what is the greatest trick

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#106    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

Zephyr, Are you denying then that the Dinkard is part of the Zorastrian theology?  If you never heard of it as I suspect, then I believe I am right about certain texts of that religion now being repressed.  All of these religions (Judaism, Zorastrianism, Christianity) have dragon dieties because they share the same Sumerian roots.  These "newer" religions may try in vain to divorce themselves from this fact by "rewriting" some of their scriptures and destroying others, but archaeological discoveries prove the point.  Try as they like, these religions cannot burn every book they no longer wish to be in their theologies.  Copies will always be found.

#107    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:21 AM

The greatest trick? The fact that people have become ignorant to the fact that he in fact reports yours sins to God and actually works FOR God as an accusing angel against man. Even Satanail in his fallen state isn't stupid enough to oppose God.

Posted Image

#108    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:46 PM

Did you look at the link I provided?  

Here is more  
Bible morals  
In the Name of God  
Victims of the Christian Faith  

The first two provide Bible references.....plus I can give you more links yes.gif  

It is up to you to see the true nature of your God.

Yes I did..it's tragic how kids suffer because of humans and their ego to rule over others.  no.gif
Did not your God  rolleyes.gif  create EVERYTHING including evil?

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#109    NoTC

NoTC

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• "Please Provide Proof of your fantasy claims. Thanks!"

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:02 PM

Yes I did..it's tragic how kids suffer because of humans and their ego to rule over others.  no.gif
Did not your God  rolleyes.gif  create EVERYTHING including evil?

He created beings with free will that were not perfect. Doesn't mean He said "let there be evil, amen, the end."

: )

Reality: Arranging various words into a “profound” statement does not make the statement a fact, no matter how credible the source.
                                         ---------------------ME

I'm absolutely amazed at just how many people still believe in FANTASY when they are proven by science to be incorrect.

#110    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:17 PM

He created beings with free will that were not perfect. Doesn't mean He said "let there be evil, amen, the end."

: )

Wrong!
Isaiah 45:7 (KJV)  
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Let me re-post this:
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Epicurus (341–270 B.C.), Greek philosopher"

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#111    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 02:18 AM

Yes, the Christian tendency to ignore Isaiah 45:7, and in it place, invent the completely ficticious "Lucifer" to lamely explain why there is evil in world, is the principle act that transforms Christianity from a true monotheism like Judaism to little more than a naive, and ill-conceived replica of the pagan dualistic religions it competed with for supremacy in the Roman Empire.
The real Satan and the heavenly army of his kind are never described as fallen angels, but rather, winged, fire spewing, man-devouring reptilian creatures which are servants to the biblical God and sent to do his bidding.  They have been sent alone to punish and terrorize individuals, to include Jonah, Job, Moses and even Jesus, or as a host to destroy whole cities and the firstborn of great nations.  Perhaps it is these creatures God refers to when he claims he has "created evil".  The Bible states these "dragons" sing praises to him and carry him over the earth on their enormous wings.  Revelation states they will destroy one third of the human population at the end of days.  Satan is but one of these creatures, one of the few mentioned by name and the one sent to terrorize Job and test Jesus.    Somehow, the early Christians  managed to twist and pervert the old Testament to change the role of Satan, the monstrous but loyal servant creature of God, to become the improbable and totally ficticious opponent of God, in Christianity's attempt to imitate the pagan dualistic religions so popular in the Roman world.  When the notion of Satan wasn't enough to make the dualistic "bad god" convincing enough, the seraph-dragon satan also became the completely fictitious "fallen angel" Lucifer, in the Christian effort to blame "evil" on an imaginary, disobedient angel instead of the God who in fact, boasted he created evil in Isaiah, and enforced his will with an army of fire-spewing dragons of which Satan appears to be his most trusted and favorite.

#112    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:30 AM

There was no real "need" for the devil, if the God of the Old Testament was overtly dualistic in nature. He would bless people, he would curse as well. You had to love him, but you also had to fear him.

Posted Image

#113    draconic chronicler

draconic chronicler

Majestic 12 Operative

• Banned
  • 6,229 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:03 PM

And you are right, there is no "devil" in the old testament.  There is a "Satan", but nothing in the scriptures say he is anything more than a fearsome, yet utterly loyal servant creature of Jehovah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users