Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

what is the greatest trick

• Please log in to reply
112 replies to this topic

#31    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

And zandore, nice site. thumbsup.gif

Thank you!
You can find many interesting things there.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#32    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 08:47 PM

Did satan exist before we believed he existed?

Any negative thought can manifest itself into a perceived reality if focused on long enough.

The devil is a negative thought that exists in our perception of reality only because we continue to focus on it.

In all the world and universe we see creation. Matter can never be destroyed only changed.  Evil would only seek destruction.

Evidence of God is in the universe God created.  What is the evidence of evil?

#33    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

How do you know the  universe isn't evidence of the devil?

Posted Image

#34    MK ULTRA

MK ULTRA

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts

• Someday we'll look back on all this and plow into a parked car.

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:30 PM

McDonalds and the CIA.

#35    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 16 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

McDonalds and the CIA.

laugh.gif

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#36    lightbeyondthedark

lightbeyondthedark

Psychic Spy

• 1,396 posts

• Honor is the reward of virtue

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

I greatest trick played on man by satan... Well that would be him convincing us that he isnt real..

LBD

“A wise man among the ignorant is as a beautiful girl in the company of blind men.”
- Saadi

#37    Watzel

Watzel

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

"How do you know the universe isn't evidence of the devil?"

Depends on what you want the devil to be.   What would evil want?  Would evil want a universe that sustains life?  If the universe is evil then it would not exist. And if the universe is evil as it exists then evil is relative.  Our earth is part of this universe and probably a very common type of planet with life. The earth may be a difficult place to exist but it is also a place of incredible beauty and joy.  

If evil exists then there must be proof of it.  If creation is evil then we need to redefine evil.

"I greatest trick played on man by satan... Well that would be him convincing us that he isn't real.."

That is a flawed concept.  If no one believed in Satan can he exist?  If so, where?  If he is not in your mind then he cannot exist.  

I think if a Satan was truly tricky, it would want you to think, that it WANTS you to think it does not exist. That way you will continue to think it exists. A Satan can only exist if you think of it.  And it only exists in your mind.  So outside of your mind there is no evil.

L&L

#38    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

And how would you know that Satan isn't a synthesis? he too was an angel at one point.

Posted Image

#39    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 17 January 2006 - 06:54 PM

I greatest trick played on man by satan... Well that would be him convincing us that he isnt real..

LBD

Hey my friend how goes it?

But LBD......neither are real so how could it be called a trick?

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#40    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

No. To make a human being is not a trick.

Go ahead, ask me.

ABSOLUTION

#41    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:45 AM

And how would you know that Satan isn't a synthesis? he too was an angel at one point.

It isn't (Angelic). Why is a human being?
D'You know what the greatest trick there ever was?

Or that ever will be?

Not that you know the Devil, but go ahead and try to convince him YOU exist.

Edited by PFlack, 18 January 2006 - 12:51 AM.

ABSOLUTION

#42    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 12:57 AM

Ok....Satan is a Cherubim, that is an angel.

Posted Image

#43    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 02:30 AM

what is the greatest trick the devil has played on man? to make man think he doesn't exist?
hmm... what about to make man think the devil is god.. so man willingly give him his soul?
suppose jesus was the anti-christ? and the anti-christ we all believe to come in the near future is the actual christ...  if we killed off the actual christ thinking hes the devil....wouldn't god get angry and destroy us all? as it would be the end of the world prophecized??

the devil would be more likely to advertise himself, slandering his opponent, making the opposite as horrible as possible...   what if satan was the real deal...and jesus was the wolf in sheeps clothing?

A real god doesn't need to publicize himself or trying to preach his word the way religion is today... a real god let you find him.. not by propaganda and advertising and scare tactics..the fear of eternal damnation...  

so think about it.. what really is the greates trick the devil has played on man?

What if the person that most of the world believes is supposed to be the leader of the Christian church, is really a lie set up by Satan?? Quite a big trick!!!
The following quotes show just how far the churches of today have strayed from the wisdom of their founding fathers.
Martin Luther
(1483-1546) (Lutheran)

"We here are of the conviction that the papacy is the seat of the true and real Antichrist...personally I declare that I owe the Pope no other obedience than that to Antichrist." (Aug. 18, 1520) Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 2, pg. 121 by Froom.
John Calvin
(1509-1564) (Presbyterian)

"Some persons think us too severe and censorious when we call the Roman pontiff Antichrist. But those who are of this opinion do not consider that they bring the same charge of presumption against Paul himself, after whom we speak and whose language we adopt...I shall briefly show that (Paul's words in II Thess. 2) are not capable of any other interpretation than that which applies them to the Papacy." Taken from "Institutes" by John Calvin.
Cotton Mather
(1663-1728) (Congregational Theologian)

"The oracles of God foretold the rising of an Antichrist in the Christian Church; and in the Pope of Rome, all the characteristics of that Antichrist are so marvelously answered that if any who read the Scriptures do not see it, there is a marvelous blindness upon them." Taken from "The Fall of Babylon" by Cotton Mather in Froom's book "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers," Vol. 3, pg. 113.
John Knox
(1505-1572) (Scotch Presbyterian)

Knox wrote to abolish "that tyranny which the pope himself has for so many ages exercised over the church" and that the pope should be recognized as "the very antichrist, and son of perdition, of whom Paul speaks." Taken from "The Zurich Letters" pg. 199 by John Knox.
Thomas Cranmer
(1489-1556) (Anglican)

"Whereof it followeth Rome to be the seat of antichrist, and the pope to be very antichrist himself. I could prove the same by many other scriptures, old writers, and strong reasons." (Referring to prophecies in Revelation and Daniel.) Taken from "Works" by Cranmer, Vol. 1, pp. 6-7.
John Wesley
(1703-1791) (Methodist)

Speaking of the Papacy he said, "He is in an emphatical sense, the Man of Sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled the Son of Perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers...He it is...that exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped...claiming the highest power, and highest honor...claiming the prerogatives which belong to God alone." Taken from "Antichrist and His Ten Kingdoms" by John Wesley, pg. 110.
Roger William
(1603-1683) (First Baptist Pastor in America)

He spoke of the Pope as "the pretended Vicar of Christ on earth, who sits as God over the Temple of God, exalting himself not only above all that is called God, but over the souls and consciences of all his vessals, yea over the Spirit of Christ, over the Holy Spirit, yea, and God himself...speaking against the God of heaven, thinking to changed times and laws: but he is the son of perdition (II Thess. 2)." Taken from "The Prophetic Faith of Our Fathers" by Froom, Vol. 3, pg. 52.
Quoted from GREAT PROPHECIES OF THE BIBLE by Woodrow.
©1984-2001 Chick Publications, Inc. All rights reserved

You can add to those names these men that thought the pope is an antichrist:
Wycliff, Tyndale, Sir Isaac Newton, Fox, Finney, Moody, Spurgeon.

Pope's title vicar of Christ means antichrist by definition.
JESUS CHRIST HAS NO VlCAR. Vicar, from the Latin "vicarius" means "in the place of" e.g. vicarius sacrifice of Christ being His sacrifice in the place of the sinner. Papal claims such as infallibility, Head of the Church, Holy Father, all seek to put the Pope in the place of Christ, which place only the Living Christ can have. This false assumption of Rome is expressly put forward in the Papal title "Vicar of Jesus Christ".
The New Testament was written in Greek, and the Greek translation of " vicar of Christ" is "Anti (instead of)-christos", or in our English Bible, "Antichrist". The word "Antichrist" is not just a word of wild insult, but is a Bible warning of the false role assumed by the Popes of Rome as supposed vicars of Christ, (See 1 John 2:18 D.V.).
The Greek word for "Vice President" is "Anti-Proedros"; Because Anti, which means opposite, also means "replacement" or "instead", as in Vicar or Viceroy or Vicarious.

Verse about the antichrist:
II Thes. 2:3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

Behold the blasphemy of the papacy:

The Bull Unam Sanctam... Issued by POPE BONIFACE VIII reads as follows: "The Roman Pontiff judges all men, but is judged by no one. We declare, assert, define and pronounce: to be subject to the Roman Pontiff is to every human creature necessary for salvation that which was spoken of Christ 'thou has subdued all things under his feet' may well seem verified in me... I have the authority of the King of Kings. I am all in all and above all, so that God himself and I, the vicar of God, have but one consistory, and I am able to do all that God can do." "Christ entrusted His office to the chief pontiff;... but all power in heaven and in earth has been given to Christ;... therefore the chief pontiff, who is His vicar, will have this power." Corpus Juris chap. 1 column 29, translated from a gloss on the words Porro Subesse Romano Pontiff "We hold upon this earth the place of God Almighty" ...Pope Leo XIII "All the names which are attributed to Christ in Scripture, inplying His supremacy over the church, are also attributed to the Pope." Bellamin, "On the Authority of Councils," book 2, Chapter 17. "For thou art the shepherd, thou art the physician, thou art the director, thou art the husbandman, finally thou art another God on earth." Labbe and Cossart's "History of the Councils." Vol. XIV, col. 109 The title "Lord God the Pope" can be found within a gloss of Extravagantes of Pope John XXII, title 14, chapter 4, Declaramus.

#44    Mythra

Mythra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 114 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 01:29 PM

And our resident Anti-Catholic has spoken.  Strange that he worships a god that is a direct copy of Lord Mithra.  A copy that came into being 300 years after Lord Mithra walked the earth, accompanied by his twelve disciples, preaching and healing, was crucified and arose from the dead to give us the hope of an eternal life of joy with him and his father Ahura Mazda in heaven.

Through the grace of our Lord Mithra do we recieve salvation and life eternal.  

#45    antiaging

antiaging

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 07:17 PM

And our resident Anti-Catholic has spoken.  Strange that he worships a god that is a direct copy of Lord Mithra.  A copy that came into being 300 years after Lord Mithra walked the earth, accompanied by his twelve disciples, preaching and healing, was crucified and arose from the dead to give us the hope of an eternal life of joy with him and his father Ahura Mazda in heaven.

The pagan religions of the world, which mostly are descended from Babylonian baal worship, were given to men by devils. Satan and his devils know something about what will happen in the future. Satan knew the true plan of salvation that God would use to save men from hell, through Jesus Christ, His son. He knew this long into the past. So Satan and his devils deceived men into designing the pagan religions to be counterfeit copies of God's true plan of salvation. When the true plan of salvation would come, through Jesus Christ, the true plan of salvation would need to compete with these counterfeit religions for man's attention. You have it backwards. Satan's counterfeit pagan religions are really copies of God's true plan of salvation, and they are designed to deceive men into hell. Satan knew the future, and even though the counterfeits came first in history, they are the copies.

[You can deceive someone more easily with a counterfeit hundred dollar bill, that looks very much like the real thing, better than with a bill that doesn't look like the real thing.]

Satan knows the future:
Revelation 12:12   Therefore rejoice, [ye] heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

That is why some devil possessed psychics and sorcerers can predict some of the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users