Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 7 votes

The Official Rememberance Thread

• Please log in to reply
317 replies to this topic

#46    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:53 PM

In Loving Memory.... Gramp John Bui... died November 3rd, 2006.....http://obits.courierpress.com/CourierPress/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=19868495

linked-image

Grandpa,

Thanksyou for raising me when my parents sent me away. You were like a father since mine I did not speak to dad. I can easily say that I would be in prison if it were not for you. Thanks for my first fishing trip, trip for my first football game, thanks for treating to the 89 superbowl. Thanks for making me the man I am today, and thank you for talking me out of retaliation against the guy the shot me. You were right, things happen and at least I survived the gunshot wound to the chest.

When Hurrican Katrina hit the Gulf Coast and you went missing from New Orleans, not knowing your whereabouts, my heart went heavy thinking you were dead. For two weeks, I volunteered at numerous evacuees shelters the flooding into Houston, Texas to try to locate you. I thought you were dead, and nothing I could do, because of the closing of New Orleans, Louisiana, I could not drive back and take action to try to search for you. When I did here from you, everything was better knowing my gramps was okay.

Then only a year later, I got more bad news of your health.

In November, when I got news that you were in ICU, I held my faith, thinking you would be okay, and that the simple surgery that was scheduled to be performed on was nothing of great concern. But within a day later, they canceled your surgery because of a discovery of the hole in your heart. Even down to the last day, you were full of life, and the nurse even had to tell you to keep it down because you were watching out Indianapolis Colts win. Then, in a matter of a day or so, the doctor told us that you were not going to make it and going into the hospice. I'm glad that you didn't stay there long, and you left us within a few hours after.

Grandpa, I love you old man and wish you were hear... you are still the only person that I could have depended om to listen to my goods and bads without judging me.

We finally made it to the SuperBowl grampa!

I'll see you when the time comes Gramps.

Tony "enemy locus" T

linked-image
linked-image

Also, RIP to many of my friends that I have lost in the past year...

Alexis D. - Murdered by hurricane evacuees
Teddy R. - murdered
John D. - murdered
Wilmer G. - murdered
Cousin Joe Bui - murdered
Cousin "Tweety" - cancer
Richard Alverez - murdered/homicide
Eddie B - accident
Susan Matthews - Cancer
Rodney H - homicide
"Slim"- homicide
"moskito" - murdered
Luis Z- murdered
Charlie N - murdered

Many more that I can't even remeber all right now... crying.gif

Edited by NME_locus, 31 January 2007 - 11:01 PM.

#47    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

That is very moving NME_locus.. May your Granpa rest in peace and be proud of the way you have turned out and I raise my glass to your absent friends.

Edited by XSAS, 31 January 2007 - 11:00 PM.

Posted Image

#48    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

• "My job as a skeptic is not to deny the paranormal, but to flush out the fakes so that we focus on the claims worthy of being authentic."

Posted 31 January 2007 - 11:03 PM

That is very moving NME_locus.. May your Granpa rest in peace and be proud of the way you have turned out and I raise my glass to your absent friends.

Much appreciate XSAS... that means a lot right now. Just hanging in there.

Thanks a million times over,

NME

#49    NME_locus

NME_locus

Psychic Spy

• 1,786 posts

Posted 21 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

Alexis D. - Murdered by hurricane evacuees
Teddy R. - murdered
John D. - murdered
Wilmer G. - murdered
Cousin Joe Bui - murdered
Cousin "Tweety" - cancer
Richard Alverez - murdered/homicide
Eddie B - accident
Susan Matthews - Cancer
Rodney H - homicide
"Slim"- homicide
"moskito" - murdered
Luis Z- murdered
Charlie N - murdered

Many more that I can't even remeber all right now... crying.gif

Another one of my friends, murdered...shot to death last month.

RIP- Omar

Edited by NME_locus, 21 February 2007 - 08:07 PM.

#50    ufo guy

ufo guy

Super Specter

• 1,229 posts

• Now with 50% more crazy

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

I MISS YOU GRANDMA crying.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif

Posted Image

#51    _Spawn_

_Spawn_

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:48 PM

This is for all the soldiers who died in Iraq and Afghanistan...

Iraq/Afghanistan war heroes

Posted Image

"Ciraxis: I'm back, but don't expect me to talk, i'm just gonna sit here and lurk, and stare at you"
"~Armateras~:tequila does not yeild the same effect when consumed by your eyes"
"troll: sarcasm is good with ketchup"
"Distortedpandy: Please die, in a terrible inferno of pain"

#52    bella B

bella B

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Strangers are just friends waiting to happen.

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:12 AM

Happy Birthday mum, wish you were here to celebrate, miss u everyday............died 8th May 1988 wub.gif  crying.gif

#53    Lt_Ripley

Lt_Ripley

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 20,036 posts

Posted 23 May 2007 - 07:54 AM

Hey Denney , hope your up there casting for the one that got away or that buck with the huge 12 point rack.

a peice about him from the paper ( not it's entirity and last names removed)

The best man

A toast to Denney Fouchey

By Audra Quinn

C & G Staff Writer

Madison Heights resident Denney  has had a leg removed, a tumor taken out of his chest, and a lung trampled, but doctors have not been able to remove his kindred spirit.

At 17, Denney lost his left leg in a motor vehicle accident. Friends say he carried on like a fighter, maintaining his athletic lifestyle on the golf course, the lake, and the bike trail. “His favorite place is up North, where the fishing’s good and nature’s beauty is abundant,” said Stacey, a dear friend of Denney’s.

In January 2003, Denney was deer hunting when he came down with what he thought was a severe cold. “I felt like I was being squeezed by the chest and sweating a lot,” he said. Soon he was struggling to breathe, and drove to the emergency room where he collapsed as soon as he reached the door.

“I went to the doctors and they took an X-ray and they saw a tumor in my chest between my heart and my lungs. It was about the size of a softball,” Denney said.

After several rounds of chemo, the tumor was reduced and removed in August 2003. His outlook was positive post-surgery, until devastatingly, his lungs filled with fluid again. Doctors discovered that cancer cells were left behind and were continuing to grow and spread throughout his body. Denney was diagnosed with germ cell cancer.

“They took a bunch of fluid out of my chest, between my lung and my chest cavity, and it crushed my right lung, so I have to have oxygen to breathe,” he said, pointing to a respirator he has to have with him at all times.

Currently, Denney is undergoing an aggressive form of chemotherapy, which his doctors have suggested as a last chance to eradicate the cancer successfully. If unsuccessful, he will live out the remainder of his time in Hospice care. Unfortunately, the experimental procedure is not cheap, and as the medical bills build, Denney’s morale has diminished.

this was done for a fund raiser. a few months before he died.

note -------- they wanted to do radiation ( pinpoint ) but because he was a pot smoker they couldn't due to the effects pot had on his lungs.

he died October 24th 2004 age 36.

#54    MichaelS

MichaelS

The Coffee God

• 5,500 posts

• Coffee is the key to the Universe...

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:08 AM

July 02, 2007 will be the day that we lay my Step-Grandmother to rest.  Last year, she suffered a stroke that robbed her of speech and easy movement.  Despite that, her good cheer, and lively personality refused to break, and she shone with Joy and Life until last week, when she gently slipped into a coma after two days of refusing to eat... and faded from this world... but not our memories.

Fates bless, thee Grandma Gibbs.

Posted Image
Happy Saint Patrick's Day- 14 March!

#55    XSAS_Daughter

XSAS_Daughter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:41 PM

I miss my grandma and grandad they meant alot to me.

Edited by XSAS_Daughter, 01 June 2007 - 07:42 PM.

Posted Image

#56    Night Star

Night Star

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 222 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:28 PM

In memory of my dear Father who passed away May 9th 2007.

This will be my first Father's day without you Dad. Feels so strange that there won't be any presents for you except for flowers on your grave. There is an empty place inside that only you could fill. I miss your humor, your wisdom, and love. I'm looking after Mom like I know you wanted. Tears fall when I think of the times our family shared together and now we share them without you. I know you have found peace my shining star. Some day we shall meet again.
linked-image

Posted Image

#57    cryptosporidium137

cryptosporidium137

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

• Exsqueeze me? Baking Powder?

Posted 19 June 2007 - 01:09 AM

One of my fathers freinds who worked at the Windows of the World resturant at the World Trade Center in New York City. She died in 2001 on the day of the attack. I had never known her, but from what I've heard, she was very nice and loved her job original.gif My father was actually supposed to be at the World Trade Center that day to meet her, but his trip was cancelled dontgetit.gif Anyway, all her freinds and family miss her, and I pray for them.

My grandfather, who died in 1997 of heart problems. I remember I used to love visiting his apartment, and I loved him very much. He was a good man, and I wish he had been around longer. I miss him to this day.

alien.gif  alien.gif crypto alien.gif  alien.gif

"No mystery is closed to an open mind"- Tim White, host of SIGHTINGS
Posted Image
The Animated Avatar Workshop!

#58    Kismit

Kismit

Telekinetic

• 7,680 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 10:33 PM

To Toby.

I will never understand why. There where so many of us who could of helped. Deeply missed, and now a hole in our communitee.

R.I.P. 23-06-07

#59    Ohelemapit

Ohelemapit

My freestyle rapping career didn't work out, so I came back

• 6,293 posts

• The illegitimate love-child of Strategy and Creativity. Sex God, Entrepreneur, Super Hero, Rapper, Table Dancer.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Saturday the 7th July 2007, will be the 3rd Aniversary of my Mums passing. Cancer may have taken you away from me physically but you will always be in my heart.

I will lay a feather and lift a glass to you on the day.

Love you forever mum. X

Edited by XSAS, 06 July 2007 - 12:28 PM.

Posted Image

#60    RabidCat

RabidCat

Psychic Spy

• 1,132 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

AE1 Bob.  KIA Vietnam.
Some day it will be right, Mr. Bob.  Try to rest easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users