Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven Question

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:02 PM

PFlack, it's pretty much what Incubus said. I didn't mean I literally saw heaven. original.gif

Posted Image

#17    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:03 PM

I believe that we see our loved ones who have passed on before us  when we, ourselves, take that journey into the afterlife.  I believe that heaven will be pictured different by every individual, we'll picture it as a scene we're comfortable with.  That's what I believe and I have faith in that.

Whoa do I wish I could borrow you for the skepticism section.

ABSOLUTION

#18    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:04 PM

PFlack, it's pretty much what Incubus said. I didn't mean I literally saw heaven. original.gif

It wasn't a literal question as to whether or not you did, the fact is you said you saw it everyday.

{See} it everyday.

I ask for this to be in the music section, so that literalism isn't involved with the "Heavenly" in this whole analytical thing happening over here. You can say it all you wish Yele, but the fact is.... I don't know it that you see it - hear it. Whatso - ever.

By the way, you didn't adress the statement {you didn't make it} that you saw - {saw} Heaven. You didn't make that statement. You said you "see" Heaven everyday.

Feel free to take it back unless you can prove it.

Edited by PFlack, 20 January 2006 - 07:10 PM.

ABSOLUTION

#19    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:08 PM

Sure, I know not too many can relate.

Edited by Yelekiah, 20 January 2006 - 07:09 PM.

Posted Image

#20    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:11 PM

^"too"^

ABSOLUTION

#21    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,956 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:15 PM

Whoa do I wish I could borrow you for the skepticism section.

original.gif

#22    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 20 January 2006 - 07:16 PM

Feel free to take it back unless you can prove it.

Perhaps you missed the part where I said it was my opinion, PFlack. I wasn't speaking in absolutes like it was a standard for everyone. So I don't need to take back an opinion. Get real. rolleyes.gif
Everyone on this forum is entitled to one.

Posted Image

#23    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 01:30 AM

I like the idea that this question relates to music. Artists, whether poets, musicians or painters often use love and heaven as inspiration.

As to my own opinion of what heaven may be like, well I think that it will be the 'same' for everyone. By the 'same' I mean that, like Nativechick said, we chose what we see. I also beleive that we can help loved ones who are still alive, like their guardian angels.

I also think that we reincarnate with souls who we need to resolve issues with, or who we love.

#24    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:31 AM

Not about music or nothing you know I heard that song at it really made me think.. I mean if I could not remember people or people would not remember me i would just not be the same.... Some say people look and will remember you and they will look the same before they died. What if they were a very sick person unhealthy which would be the reason would they still look sick and unhealthy?

#25    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 02:57 AM

Not about music or nothing you know I heard that song at it really made me think.. I mean if I could not remember people or people would not remember me i would just not be the same.... Some say people look and will remember you and they will look the same before they died. What if they were a very sick person unhealthy which would be the reason would they still look sick and unhealthy?

Spirits can (*suppossedly) take any shape that they choose. They usually take a familiar shape so that the newly deceased will recognize them. However, they appear to be totally healthy.

*(I'm not stating this as a fact.)

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

#26    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

I am a horrible person =D

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

• To those who have been watching all this time...

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:06 AM

No need to worry about such questions, most people will never reach that location, but that will change in time...
Also, there you don't care about such minor things, that's why most humans cannot truly reach it, cause that would mean loosing their humanity...

Edited by Bahamut_0, 21 January 2006 - 03:08 AM.

Dont look at me like that, i'm innocent as a human!

#27    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:16 AM

For reaching The Location would result in becoming Gods

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#28    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 03:22 AM

And such is possible for half-descendants of them... but that would take a unberable pain (if you know what I am saying that is needed for the likes of those)
And still, such are rare, and they might not be ready for such sacrifice (and who is anyway?)

Edited by Bahamut_0, 21 January 2006 - 03:27 AM.

#29    Ebony

Ebony

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Yelekiah)
I see heaven everyday.

That would be a metaphor...as in a poetic device where the writer says something is something it is not in order to convey a description or message. Similar to similies? So really, there's nothing to say it wasn't poetic. Don't post something as a fact if you can't even back it up with basic English skills. Yelekiah's entitled to his opinion and to be able to express it as poetically or not as he likes.

Sorry everyone, I just thought PFlack's attack was rude and unnecessary.

I believe heaven holds what we each desire it to hold, i.e. our own ideals. If we spent our whole lives longing for eternal happiness and peace in a particular form and then died to discover heaven was something entirely different, then one couldn't help but be disappointed with the outcome. Then it would hardly be heaven, would it? I doubt there's much room in eternal happiness for disappointment. I'm personally hoping for nothing after death, because for me I couldn't be peaceful knowing that there were people I loved back on earth grieving for me and I was unable to be a part of their lives. That would destroy heaven for me. I believe God will give me what I want because that is what eternal peace means to me. For others there will be reincarnation, reunion with loved ones...etc.

#30    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

I see heaven everyday.

What about the true one? can you see it everyday? I know I can't... but I can see hell everyday...or maybe I don't...it depends on the personal opinion of each individual, but I think that mine is more correct...

Please, don't ask!

Edited by Bahamut_0, 21 January 2006 - 11:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users