Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Heaven Question

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31    mypaddedroom

mypaddedroom

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,429 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 06:19 PM

No need to worry about such questions, most people will never reach that location, but that will change in time...
Also, there you don't care about such minor things, that's why most humans cannot truly reach it, cause that would mean loosing their humanity...

That's some opinion you have there.

#32    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

I'm not sure, but I think he wrote this song after his small son, (age 2?) fell to his death from a second story building.  

Correct, but I think it was from a higher floor.  

A beautiful song.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#33    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:20 PM

What about the true one? can you see it everyday? I know I can't...

Well the thing is the heaven of the Bible is being with God. Hell is separation from God, or a grave. So perhaps it isn't something you can see, but experience. Such as the healing of sorrows.

And yes, that Eric Clapton song is pretty good.

Posted Image

#34    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 21 January 2006 - 09:23 PM

But even farther descendents can break through Bahamut, but at a great cost

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#35    .........................

Poltergeist

• 2,152 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 04:42 AM

OK, what books do Anukabal and Bahamut both read? blink.gif

#36    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

I am a horrible person =D

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

• To those who have been watching all this time...

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:52 PM

Most of my information I've got them from research and from calculations, I have also read some...hmm, damn I don't remember the correct name of those things (after all it's not something that you can get at a library), this is a good opportunity to see if anukabal knows what I am talking about, do you know the name of those manuscripts? I don't think you need a description if you had really read them... I know I have a book somewhere that has the name of them in it, but I don't know where it is at the moment, it might be in my friends house, in my old apartment, in this house or in my father apartment... damn, just in my father place there are more than 100 books, I am never going to find that...

Edited by Bahamut_0, 22 January 2006 - 05:57 PM.

Dont look at me like that, i'm innocent as a human!

#37    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,974 posts

• Paranoid Android... One Mippippi, two Mippippi, three Mippipi....

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:49 AM

Correct, but I think it was from a higher floor.  

A beautiful song.
53rd floor to be exact.  A sad event indeed, and a beautiful song, as you say.  I guess we can agree on some things, eh zandore, lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To answer the original question:

How to you picture Heaven?

From my personal beliefs, heaven is not a physical place.  It is in the spirit realm, and since we are not spirit entitites, we cannot fathom what heaven is like.  It is the place that God resides, and to me, God is Life, Love, Goodness, Beauty.  As such, heaven will be filled with these things.  It can be compared to a great banquet or feast (Jesus tells a parable regarding it)!  But since it is within the spirit realm, there is no real way to say "this is what heaven is".  

That's my belief anyway.

Regards, PA

Edited by Paranoid Android, 23 January 2006 - 12:50 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#38    zandore

zandore

EX-Christian

• 9,640 posts

• “I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”
    Genghis Khan

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:43 PM

53rd floor to be exact. A sad event indeed, and a beautiful song, as you say. I guess we can agree on some things, eh zandore, lol.
thumbsup.gif  

I think the song is more about the loss of his son then it s about heaven though.

"A man's ethical behavior should be based effectually on sympathy,
education, and social ties; no religious basis is necessary.
Man would indeed be in a poor way if he had to be restrained by fear
of punishment and hope of reward after death."

Albert Einstein

Survey Says....

#39    jagerthorn

jagerthorn

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 345 posts

• A product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow.

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

I can happily say I most never see heaven for everything that makes me happy on this planet is an earthly pleasure rather than heavenly. Unfortunately for me and most others they see more of a hellish theme on this earth than anything else.

I imagine Heaven to be something I can't imagine it to be. If heaven is meant to be eternal happiness, it'd have to be something very powerful. Pleasures and joy from the Earth only last so long - Heaven's joys and bliss last eternally. It'd be something my soul has never laid eyes on before, therefore I really can't imagine it. Just my opinion.

--clickie clickie--
I'm feelin' like a monster truck at the botanical garden.

#40    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

• I don't know much about wear i'm from, but i know i strike fear everywhere i come

Posted 24 January 2006 - 01:51 AM

I don't know what they are called, but neither do you.  My knowledge comes from something more then what most people are used to

I shed no tear, and i hear no scream.  If i'm in your dreams then your end is near

#41    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:46 AM

Help me out here, I think they started by the letter A, "the A*something wich I cannot remember cause I have a bad memory, and yes, I know that this phrase is ridiculously long and that I am making it even longer by saying this but that's cause I'm a little silly sometimes and cause I don't know when to stop and cause I tought it would be funny to continue talking but now I realized that it isn't but I am still talking and I sincerely don't know why, am I still talking?Yes I am! why am I doing this?I don't know, but if you think a little I think that you can get to the conclusion that I wanted to make people loose time reading very long dialogue lines, wich are difficult by the way, just to amuse me and also to waste my time, are you still reading this? are you stupid or something?not more than me that am writing it, the end*

=P

Edited by Bahamut_0, 24 January 2006 - 03:46 AM.

#42    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:53 AM

The name of the books are not important it's the info inside that matters.

#43    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:56 AM

Yeah, but I do believe that if we said the name, someone would recognize it and we could discuss about it...
(and they are not books, they are forbidden excerpts hidden from the eyes of the people, that's why I first said manuscripts)

Edited by Bahamut_0, 24 January 2006 - 03:58 AM.

#44    AnuKabal

AnuKabal

Spirit Warrior

• 1,055 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:00 AM

I consider magazines books also(so don't get worked up).  Not everyone has the better ways to get information.

Edited by AnuKabal, 24 January 2006 - 04:00 AM.

#45    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:16 PM

Not about music or nothing you know I heard that song at it really made me think.. I mean if I could not remember people or people would not remember me i would just not be the same.... Some say people look and will remember you and they will look the same before they died. What if they were a very sick person unhealthy which would be the reason would they still look sick and unhealthy?

Apologies to you and Yele, I came off a bit staticky(maybe a bit harsh) last time. It's hard for me to think of losing someone- when I have contact with the afterlife. I see them all the time and have troubles in how to picture Heaven. & Not to bash Eric Clapton, it when he says "here" in Heaven that I get confused.

Again, apologies...

ABSOLUTION

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users