Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman Claims Sundae Tainted With Blood

vampgirl

GEORGETOWN, Del. (AP) - A woman filed a lawsuit claiming that a hot fudge sundae she bought for her 12-year-old son was contaminated with human blood, but the owner of a fast-food franchise says the red substance was really just strawberry syrup.

A Superior Court judge was scheduled to hear arguments Friday in a lawsuit filed by Carmen Jara against AJM Enterprises, which operates a McDonald's restaurant in Georgetown.

According to court documents, Jara bought food, including four hot fudge sundaes, at the restaurant's drive-thru window on Dec. 30, 2004.

Her son, now 13, dug into his sundae and "recognized the taste of blood and, upon careful inspection, noted a red substance on the side of the sundae cup as well as mixed into his ice cream," the lawsuit claims.

Jara then went into the store and spoke to a swing manager, who confirmed that it was blood, according to the lawsuit. The manager, Joshua Ferrell, said the employee who prepared the sundae had an injured, bleeding finger, and told Jara that he had advised the employee to keep a bandage on his finger, according to the lawsuit.

Jara, who filed a report with Georgetown police, requested that the employee, who no longer works at the restaurant, undergo a blood test to rule out any diseases, but that her request was refused.

Michael Meoli, owner of the McDonald's franchise, said the claims are unfounded, and that strawberry syrup probably had clogged the sundae machine.

Ferrell, who no longer works at the restaurant, should not have said the substance was blood, Meoli said.

"What is he, a botanist? No, he's a 21-year-old assistant manager who saw her screaming in the lobby and said 'whatever you say lady.'"

Meoli, who ran unsuccessfully for a state House seat last year, said the allegations are meant to ruin his business.

"I hope she gets the same thing the Wendy's lady got," he said, referring to a woman recently sentenced to nine years in prison for planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili to extort money from the fast-food chain.source

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bebi

• Yelekiah

• Celumnaz

• Megalomania

Top Posters In This Topic

"What is he, a botanist? No, he's a 21-year-old assistant manager who saw her screaming in the lobby and said 'whatever you say lady.'"

A botanist? Doesn't sound like that guys too smart either.

Anyone who can confuse blood with strawberry syrup has never seen blood before.

ugh :blink: ...

*snicker* a botanist?...lord, have mercy

Seems like an awful lot of restaurant scams going on - there was that woman on another thread who's suing because her son was allegedly given alcohol; and now there's two cited in one story here... Now... Where did I put that mouse the cats brought home :devil:

"I hope she gets the same thing the Wendy's lady got," he said, referring to a woman recently sentenced to nine years in prison for planting a severed finger in a bowl of Wendy's chili to extort money from the fast-food chain.

Where did she get the finger...? :huh:

A Similar thing happened to my mother.. She was eating her hamburger at a resturaunt we used to eat at semi frequently in Crystal Beach texas. Well her hamburger came out, and when she lifted her bun to make sure her patty was cooked the way she likes it, she noticed a "ketsup like" liquid on the hamburger. Well most people might have just bit in thinking it was ketsup, however luckily for my mother, she's a paramedic. Well she says "this looks like blood" and we are all like, yeaaa right, its not blood, it just ketsup yata yata..

Well my mother doesnt take our word that its ketsup, (like we knew anyhow) and decides to walk back and ask the people wtf is on her burger. Well as she gets to the back where people are talking, she looks and see's the cook grab a towel and cover her hand.. Turns out, this lady had sliced her hand/fingers with a butcher knife some way or another, and instead of throwing out our food she had contaminated, she went ahead and served it anyhow...

On another note, My mother was the only person that hadnt started eating =0/.. Sick freakin people..

WTF?! Can't you tread on American soil these days w/ out getting your ass sued?

Was there a time you could? Not in my lifetime at least.

Cut myself with one of those Subway knives when I used to work there. Bled a ton, cut wouldn't heal for a looong time. But I didn't get any in the food, the bread I was cutting open I threw away...

If I did it at home though... it'd just be extra flavor.

Where did she get the finger...?

A friend lost it and gave it to her.

That's great that the boy knows what blood tastes like (s). And either way you see it, the assistant manager is an idiot. That's just asking to get sued, unless he felt vindictive.

Well I hope she kept the sundae with the alleged blood otherwise this isn`t going to turn out well for her.

Oh yeah, what's next?

People saying that their chocolate syrup is poop?

Looks worryingly at chocolate smoothie my husband just made me... :blink::w00t:

Several years back some woman tried to sue the local deli because the vanilla pudding she bought, and supposedly ate half of, had "green alien globs" in it. When she presented the sample for evidence it turned out that it was tuna salad with celery.

Yup I can see how tuna salad with celery was mistaken for tasting like vanilla :blink:

That's great that the boy knows what blood tastes like (s)

I think most kids know what blood tastes like, they often put a cut finger straight in their mouth.

or losing the 1st tooth sometimes there's blood. Tasted blood when I bit into an apple and it pulled one of my baby teeth out.

I think most kids know what blood tastes like, they often put a cut finger straight in their mouth.

The s in parentheses means sarcasm. Same way the jk means joking.

First off, YUCK!!

Second, I kinda have to wonder...are people looking at their local fast food joint as a place for fast money?!! :hmm:

With the one regarding Wendy's here in CA with the finger...it was a place she & her family frequented!!! WTF?!!! :blink: She said that she felt bad for the store employees. Well, DUH!!! Don't do crap like that...cause sure you MAY get some $$$, but the employees will be the one to pay the biggest price of all.

I'm just going to wait & see....I'm on the verge of thinking scam. Cause what would someone cut themselves on while making a sundae??? McD's sandaes are only soft serve "ice cream", syrup & a small package of nuts on the side. And if the employee cut themselves before serving it up, I'm sure they would have taken care of it first. But whatever!!! :blink::blink:

40nrockinon :devil:

yum yum, Ice cream and blood sundae :rolleyes: thats just wrong, I mean, people dont even want me to TOUCH them when I got a PAPERCUT from my damn mathbook today, let alone prepare food for them

The s in parentheses means sarcasm. Same way the jk means joking.

:blush: sorry