Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Pheonix Journals

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:07 AM

Edit; Link removed

Edited by Magikman, 24 January 2006 - 04:46 PM.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#2    Saint Macabre

Saint Macabre

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts

• "I could prove God statistically."-George Gallup

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:58 AM

Is it just me, or did I sense  some anti-semitism there? hmm.gif ...

Posted Image

"I have Dalinian thought: the one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous." ---Salvador Dali

#3    drakonwick

drakonwick

Government Agent

• 4,198 posts

• There is no need for temples; no need for complicated philosophy. Our own brain, our own heart is our temple; the philosophy is kindness.

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

Is it just me, or did I sense  some anti-semitism there? hmm.gif ...

I really do not care what you make of it really! and NO i am not anti-semetic!

I posted this for one reason only that it is very interesting how some percieve things when someone states something different against all that was taught in the bible!
and as far as this post goes someone might find these journals very interesting.

I remember the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita. Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty and to impress him takes on his multi-armed form and says: "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." I suppose we all thought that, one way or another." - J. Robert Oppenheimer.

#4    Pontius Pilate

Pontius Pilate

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Closed
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 03:16 PM

Way too "Woo Woo" for my tastes.  Why do people insist on posting "little green men" garbage in the spiritual area of the forum?  I have a hard enough time swallowing the manure that religion puts out without adding the "aliens brothers" garbage to it!

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>I had him executed once before, and if he were actually to return, I would have him executed again!</span>

#5    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 24 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Moro Bumbleroot,

Your website link has been removed, we've had problems with those affliated with Ashtar - Light Boy of the Universe in the past flooding the forum with spam and absurd nonsense, there is no desire to give them a reason to start up again if they begin to see website 'hits' originating from this forum.

Magikman

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users