Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Goatmans Bridge Denton, TX (with pics)

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#16    saeunt

saeunt

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 05:51 AM

I think you have the Goatman's bridge story a little off. I've lived in Denton and now I go to school here and everytime I hear this story it goes like this. In the late 1800's Denton was quite small and Arglye (where goatmans bridge is) barely existed. There was a man that lived out that way who owned several goats and that was how he supported himself. Many of the merchants in Denton thought this old man to be very odd. This guy was a loner and no one knew much about him. Many of the older people in Denton knew this guy and remembered that his wife died mysteriously. A few of the men in Denton got drunk and started riding around the area. They found the old loner herding his goats late at night and drove the old man and his goats off the bridge. When the sheriff found out about this he investigated and could no longer find the old man or his goats.Weeks later after an event in the city a family was crossing the bridge in their wagon and could hear odd noises from underneath the bridge. After they crossed the bridge they looked back and saw the man staring at them, holding the heads of goats, one under each arm. Now the stories are that you can hear the sound of hooves on the bridge and splashes in the water and some people say they saw the man but his head was a goats head. I've been to this bridge many times and scared countless freshman but I've never seen the man. I do admit that the bridge is a unnerving at night and I have heard the splahes and heard weird sounds while standing on the bridge. I have also heard it's a place statanists hang out. It's definately a good place to take a girl if you want her to hang all over you.

#17    theGhost_and_theDarkness

theGhost_and_theDarkness

Tsavo Maneater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

• Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live. - Norman Cousins

Posted 24 February 2006 - 06:49 PM

Holy sh**! My dad just got done telling me the story about the goatman! hahaha! I thought he was just pulling my leg, I had no idea there actually WAS a goatman legend. He grew up in texas, he knows the WHOLE story. His versions didn't involve devil worshippers though. He told me about a news broadcast about it when he was younger. I'll get him to tell me the whole story again so I can post it. Better yet, I can call my grandma and ask her. She probably knows ALL about it.

"To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

#18    disaster308

disaster308

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:56 AM

my friends and i read about the goatman bridge the other night and decided to explore it for ourselves... oh man. we went at about 10 or 11 at night, so it was really dark, and really creepy. we just stayed and sat on the bridge for a while, and we did hear the splashing in the water, although we didnt think much of it (maybe frogs? or fish jumping?). the one realllllly creepy thing was we heard laughing. and it wasnt normal laughing, it was like evil, menacing laughing coming from multiple directions. we had a dog with us, and even the dog was freaked out. we left shortly after that.
i didnt grow up around here, but i was telling a friend that had our story later, and he told me that he knew of the bridge. definatley a place to go check out.

does anyone know of any other local haunted places?? i'd love to know and go check them out.

#19    DeadRobot

DeadRobot

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• Ones truth can be anothers fable.

Posted 09 May 2006 - 05:12 AM

EDIT AGAIN: Here is the strange part. The pics with FOG came out blurry on both the 35mm and the digi cam. Pics without anything came out perfectly clear with both cameras.
Tempature reading (tempature is actually 46 everywhere else this evening)

Could the cameras use the same auto-focus method and in this trying to focus on a gery object not quite solid (in this case liquid) and not quite air as i would imagine an autofocus would try to wrestle with finding the correct range of millions of multi-ranged water particles there for not being able to focus correctly? Just a thought.

Posted ImageV3

#20    Ferran the Skeptic

Ferran the Skeptic

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 09:32 PM

The railroad tracks thing is an optical illusion. The way the foilage grows and the landscape forms makes downhill seem uphill.

#21    Taulha

Taulha

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

• I fear nothing paranormal.
    ;D

Posted 09 May 2006 - 10:30 PM

your photos seem kind of not very clear, and the colors are messed up. I have digital but it doesn't mess up like that ever. Nether does a normal polaroid picture I've taken then scanned.

Taulha-Tole'Ha  
Posted Image
Myspace
Deviant art stuff.
I am Morphine. The Genetically Enhanced Zombie Artist!
Rawr!
:3

#22    DeadRobot

DeadRobot

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

• Ones truth can be anothers fable.

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:00 AM

Heres the shadow chap enchanced a bit for you, looks like half his face is illuminated and looks very joker-like, spooky!

- EDITED - Ive outlined it and enhanced the area what i thought looked a bit like half of the jokers face. Did this on request of poster.

Attached Files

Edited by DeadRobot, 12 May 2006 - 10:21 PM.

Posted ImageV3

#23    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,696 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:06 AM

I would be very careful about going out to the bridge again.  It isn't the Goatman that is going to get you...it has a reputation as a freaky party place and gang-banger party site.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#24    jonb

jonb

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

• aaaaaaaaaaargghhhhh!

Posted 10 May 2006 - 02:10 AM

is it cold at night at that place, doesnt have to be freezing to have visible breath, and you might not even see it because theres not enough light, but your flash will take care of that.

the fog pictures look like mist breath to me.
next time as you take a pic look over the top of the camera at the area the flash will light up straight away, it might help you see if anything is being lit up.

#25    Mattzig

Mattzig

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 02:35 AM

me and my friends went up there couple nights ago, we live in lewisville... we went up to the bridge... and what we hard was there is supposedly an old abbandonded church if you follow the trail off the bridge... where satanists and kkk members sacrifice sh** and what not...

wierd crap went on...

we got there and like... we went on the bridge and we heard drums, is the best way i can describe it, something hitting something else keeping a constant beat. my friend took pics, and when he did the drums stopped... then we heard the sound of like a saw cutting through something. my friends batteries died and he put new batteries in but they died almost instantly. my friend had gone there the night before and killed a copperhead with a crowbar. we went there and couldnt find it. also, we met a couple ppl and they took us to an abandoned house and its all kinda collapsed and crap but it was still pretty interesting. my friend and his cousin also were on the bridge the night before and they heard a loud thump and saw some kind of hairy thing crawling across one side of the bridge to the other... my friend got pics of it but it was on a cell fone and it was soo dark you can hardly see it... we are going back this weekend.

#26    RollingThunder06

RollingThunder06

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,424 posts

• Most people can hear; however, how many really listen?

Posted 20 September 2006 - 04:31 AM

Great job! Hope you have continued success and keep sharing.  thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#27    Mostar

Mostar

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 09:08 AM

*cleans dust of topic* man this thread is so old, indeed Keep us posted !

Edited by Mostar, 20 September 2006 - 09:08 AM.

You're All Crazy

#28    RickMoran

RickMoran

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 03:52 AM

You have some interesting stuff from Old Alton Bridge...
The ASUP was on the bridge site Saturday evening doing their investigation.
We would love to see your case notes on the phenomenon, etc.
Feel free to sign on to our web site www.asup-texas.com, take a look and feel free to e-mail us.
Rick (coordinator-ASUP)
asup@comcast.net

#29    Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

• We are here to be free to live in love...

Posted 27 September 2006 - 07:22 AM

I for one, am glad that you didn't see some "Goatman".  
I know this is alot Urban Legend.  But, I also know that if someone ever did try to conjure up something dark, there, (and there are idiots that do it all of the time), it can't be good.
Good work, just be careful and use your wisdom, and protection.

Live In Love- Lady Warrior Ravynwynn

#30    flowbreak

flowbreak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:24 PM

So me and 3 other friends went up to the so called "goatmans bridge" tonight off of swisher. We had gone before 2 other times just to show our other friends how it is and nothing ever happened... until tonight.

We got there and there were about 5 other people and they were acting retarded and telling us crap about how it was and how they saw stuff. I for one didn't believe them cause they seemed like they were the type who would try to mess with us. We were taking random pics off the bridge, when we saw two of them coming back from the "trail". We didn't know about the trail so we decided to check it out. I made sure that the other people weren't over there... they were hanging out by the benches.

We then proceeded to go down the trail as I was still taking random pics. We kept walking along for a long while. Then all of a sudden we heard rustling to our left side. We all paused and stopped... I continued to take pictures but everytime I did we heard it again. We were scared but i told everyone to calm down. The first two pictures you will see are at the same time we heard the rustling in the woods. Keep in mind when you look that it's not smoke from cigarettes cause smoke cannot look like that and we had no flashlights or anything to shine. While i was taking pictures NO ONE was in front of me cause i led the pack. We heard the noise a couple more times. It actually sounded like someone was in the woods and were trying to mess with us. When we went closer into the woods off the trail to see what the sound was... there was a cliff. It's nearly impossible for anyone to be there, and run away when we heard rustling because to our left were just trees then a cliff. There was minimal terrain for anyone to hide without us being able to see whatever it or who it was.  After that we continued on a little bit and headed back. When we were at the benches the other group was still there.

I'm not going to post all the pictures... but a couple of pictures had ALOT of orbs while ALOT of other pictures had no orbs at all. So... dust in some pictures and no dust in other pictures? How does that make any sense? There is also a picture (the 3rd one) that shows a triangle with the points in bright red.                                  

Something definitely is going down over there and we will keep trying to document stuff. I apologize that we do not have any time stamps, but next time we go out there we will.

White streak (looks like a glowstick)
user posted image

White swirling blob (looks like a "ghost" flicking us off haha)
user posted image

Triangular points that form into a triangle
user posted image

Orbs
user posted image

More Orbs
user posted image

And some more
user posted image

Please post your opinions, biased or not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users