Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Goatmans Bridge Denton, TX (with pics)

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

#61    sneakytaffer

sneakytaffer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 October 2008 - 04:12 AM

I just went to Goatman's Bridge on Sunday, Oct. 26. I am a begginer ghost hunter, so the only thing I had was a digital camera and a compass to sense magnetic disruptions. I am quite dissapointed that I did not see or feel anything. I took about 80 pictures and only one has something weird in it. If you look at the right of the photo and look closely, you can see a white face with little horns on it. What do you guys think?

Here is the link for the picture: http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictureum8.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture.jpg

#62    DM_2008

DM_2008

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:35 AM

I live close (under 1 mile) to this bridge and have been on the bridge and in those thick woods hundreds of times hunting.   I hunt in those woods about 30 times per year (I actually went tonight!) and most of those times is with my dog.  With the exception of the occasional meth freak (that is why I carry a sidearm when hunting) I have never seen anything strange but HEAR plenty of weird stuff.  When I am in those woods in the middle of nowhere I hear ALL KINDS of weird noises that I can't explain (and I hunt in plenty of other places). My dog has never seen anything or acted funny.  95% of the time I am either entering the woods before sunrise OR leaving the woods after dark.  My biggest worry is snakes.  One time I killed 2 water moccasins while wading in the creek- it was like 4:30 AM and it was pitch black.  Luckily, I was able to get to my 12ga and I blew both of them away.  If anyone wants a night tour of the woods let me know.  I have all of the interesting places saved on my GPS and know these woods like the back of my hand.  I could take a group as deep as they want to go and get them back out in one piece!!  Have fun tracking down the Goatman.  I guess the Goatman is OK with me and my dog.  We have respect for the area and clean-up a lot of the messes other people make.  I actually wasn't aware of the Goatman legend until tonight and I have lived in Corinth for over 10 years.  I am a decent photographer so I'll see if I can get some cool pics of the bridge.  This morning would have been good because it was very foggy down close to Denton Creek.

#63    JustNormal

JustNormal

Forum Divinity

• Banned
  • 11,936 posts

Posted 13 November 2008 - 02:46 AM

sneakytaffer on Oct 27 2008, 04:12 AM, said:

I just went to Goatman's Bridge on Sunday, Oct. 26. I am a begginer ghost hunter, so the only thing I had was a digital camera and a compass to sense magnetic disruptions. I am quite dissapointed that I did not see or feel anything. I took about 80 pictures and only one has something weird in it. If you look at the right of the photo and look closely, you can see a white face with little horns on it. What do you guys think?

Here is the link for the picture: http://img407.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pictureum8.jpg

Thanks for sharing, however I see nothing in the photo our of the norm, but leaves, and trees..JN

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture.jpg

Edited by JustNormal, 13 November 2008 - 02:47 AM.

#64    newbeII

newbeII

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 November 2008 - 04:28 AM

newbeII on Jul 27 2008, 06:13 PM, said:

Pictures courtesy of North Texas Ghost Trackers from their 4/20/2008 investigation.

The original pictures can be found at http://www.ntgt.org

many EVPs as well.

#65    sneakytaffer

sneakytaffer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:10 PM

Sorry about the picture. I made it brighter and put an arrow on it. You can see that it looks like a face smileing with horns. The second one has been auto corrected.

Attached Thumbnails

• Picture2.jpg
  • Auto_corrected_picture2.jpg

Edited by sneakytaffer, 23 November 2008 - 08:27 PM.

#66    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:17 PM

I dare say, it's the P-word again.

That's a leaf--there's no anatomical proportion to it at all.

Edited by Ebonykrow, 23 November 2008 - 10:17 PM.

#67    sneakytaffer

sneakytaffer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 01:51 AM

Ebonykrow on Nov 23 2008, 04:17 PM, said:

I dare say, it's the P-word again.

That's a leaf--there's no anatomical proportion to it at all.

Yeah, but I never seen a leaf like that, it has eyeholes, a mouth and two very tiny horns. It looks more real in the original picture, but it's too dark. I don't know, it looks kinda wierd to me.

Edited by sneakytaffer, 24 November 2008 - 01:53 AM.

#68    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

sneakytaffer on Nov 23 2008, 09:51 PM, said:

Yeah, but I never seen a leaf like that, it has eyeholes, a mouth and two very tiny horns. It looks more real in the original picture, but it's too dark. I don't know, it looks kinda wierd to me.

It easily could have been chewed on by insects, and you're perceiving it as a face. The human mind is built to pick up details that resemble our own faces--even more so if that's what you happen to be looking for in particular.

#69    sneakytaffer

sneakytaffer

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:19 AM

Ebonykrow on Nov 23 2008, 08:01 PM, said:

It easily could have been chewed on by insects, and you're perceiving it as a face. The human mind is built to pick up details that resemble our own faces--even more so if that's what you happen to be looking for in particular.

Well CRAP! Now I have to find some more evidence and ghost hunt some more! THANK YOU VERY MUCH! laugh.gif

#70    freshmints

freshmints

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Could anyone give me detailed directions, and estimates how far / how long to walk past the bridge to find the house, cemetary, church?

I've been to the bridge several times lately and it's very spooky but have walked the trails and had no luck in finding any of the buildings. Could they have been torn down as of very recently? It seems as though there would still be sign of existing buildings such as a clearing of no trees, or leftover foundations.

Thanks a lot

#71    laurenstory

laurenstory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:05 AM

you're story is a little off too.. but its ok.. this will explain it:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIrnzzTmP0s

#72    laurenstory

laurenstory

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:09 AM

there's actually an abandoned insane asylum about two miles down the path way past the bridge.. i don't know the coordinates unfortunatly and ive never been there... but ive heard about it

#73    Lady ma'at

Lady ma'at

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 03:01 PM

joc on May 10 2006, 03:06 AM, said:

I would be very careful about going out to the bridge again.  It isn't the Goatman that is going to get you...it has a reputation as a freaky party place and gang-banger party site.

Ha ha! We call it dogging in England! (dunno why?)

#74    behaviour???

behaviour???

Saru's Slave

• 6,765 posts

• Its is when aspirations come in toe with destiny, are great men manifested

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:07 PM

A man standing with hands in his pockewts.....Thats what I think
Thanks
B???

Posted Image

#75    tbone1179

tbone1179

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:55 AM

I have a real crazy true story!       I was reading the articles about goatmans bridge and had to share my experience. I used to drive up from Dallas to see a girl from lewisville late nite (sneaking out). It was around 1997 and looking for something to do she suggested we go check out goatmans bridge cause of the myth. We had never heard of it but she swore the myth was true So my buddy, her and I went out and parked on the bridge. Just hanging out drinking beer on the bridge ( I was not thinking anything into the myth at all I didnt believe in anything like that). So after 30 minutes or so of just chillin, a rock hits next to us and rolls about 5 feet. Me and ricky (my bud) look at each other like "did that just happen?" so anyways several rocks start hitting one after another (almost the size of a baseball). So I trying to be tough thinking it must be some crazy bum trying to have some peace or somthing start yelling " stop throwing rocks, your gonna hit my truck, if you dont I'm gonna fire my pistol down there". Of course I was bluffing, I didnt want to murder some bum. So this girl we are with is freaking out, crying and digging her nails in me begging to leave. Although we were scared me and Ricky didnt want to seem like pussys. So we are looking down into the draw below, its pretty far  down there and we can see the moonlite shinning on the tops of the trees and brush down there as were  looking for this nut. So we hear like a distressed animal, sounds like a cat moaning in pain, like someones standing on it off in the distance. Then from right below us we see and hear this "goatman" or something take off running towards it. You couldnt see it or anything but it sounded like a beast crashing through the brush as it ran though the woods you could hear the foot steps and see the branches like dividing and swaying as it ran through the woods, then like snap!!!  it killed the cat or whatever it was. But the way it ran through the woods convinced me that whether or not it was some crazy bum or goat or whatever, it was big, it was too comfy in the woods and anything that behaves like that at 3 a.m. I dont want to have anything to do with. Not to convinced in supernatural stuff, but I am a believer in something different out there. After that date I started to believe in bigfoot cause I saw some shows where witnesses say the threw rocks. I have never been back but have wanted to go back, in the DAYTIME! mostly just dont want to get hit in the head by a rock. The reason I even found this site is because I heard the was going to be a special on TV tonight and I wanted to watch so I went online to find it. I dont believe all that spooky stuff but I can say my experience was NUTZ!!!! would love to share the story with anyone, my email is tbone1179@yahoo.com, name is Tommy, yall take it easy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users