Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Real and honest religous input needed

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    ernie_young2002

ernie_young2002

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:04 PM

I was talking to my fiance for some time on Jan 24, 2006 when she saw a halo appear around about my head for about 15 min., I was walking back and forth in my bed room talking to her during that time and in different lighting conditions around the room. I was in the house and it was cloudy outside. the shades were open, but their where no lights on in the room. please help me understand this event!

More information to those who are helping me to explain this event. As far as dust I have a new home with a ultra dust system due to one of my child's colds, as far as moisture the home has a moisture control climate and no one had taken any baths or showers at that time of the day around 11:00 A/M, also my fiance is a very stable person and had no belief in any such things. It is true the word HALO is not in the holy bible. I also, do not believe in such things, but I do believe my fiance saw what she saw that day. So I can still use more honest , real and on-going help to understand this event.

Thank you all Ernie.
ernie_young2002@yahoo.com

Edited by ernie_young2002@yahoo.com, 25 January 2006 - 05:49 PM.

#2    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,791 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:07 PM

Could you see the halo too, or just your fiancee?

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#3    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:10 PM

Could it perhaps have been an optical effect? Anyway halos from what I understand, are borrowed from pagan depictions. There is no Biblical reference to a halo that I am aware of (feel free to correct me if there is a scripture) original.gif

Posted Image

#4    101

PA's Girl

• 4,992 posts

• One half of the perenially, perpetually, purpotratedly, proudly, perfectly, placidly, pleasantly, purposely, presently promised couple to be on UM.

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:14 PM

I agree with yelekiah. Maybe it was a opyical illusion.

You could have been just in a weird place.

Posted Image

Just remember, you can do anything (that is physically possible) that you set your mind to.  All you have to do is believe in yourself.- Mako

#5    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

I think some halos come from a mixture of moisture in the air and light. It might be possible. But since the lighting changed that is a little strange.

Posted Image

#6    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 25,791 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

I can't recall halo's anywhere, though Revelation or Daniel might have something hmm.gif

An aura of some kind was my first thought, anyway.  I just wanted to make sure it wasn't an hallucination, which was why I asked if they both saw it (though if only one saw it it wouldn't necessarily mean it was an hallucination anyway).  Optical illusion seems a little strange with the different lighting and atmosphere.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#7    INELUCTABLE TRAIT

INELUCTABLE TRAIT

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

I lot of small insects flying rapidly caught in sunlight can cause halos, as can dust, or on odd occasions a static electric charge can become visible.

#8    mako

mako

Poltergeist

• 2,770 posts

Posted 25 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

Could your Fiancee have Glycoma?  That is an eye disease that can cause a halo-effect to appear around things.   yes.gif

Our earth is degenerate in these latter days.  There are signs that the world is speedily coming to an end.  Bribery and corruption are common,   Children no longer obey their parents.  Every man wants to write a book, and the end of the world evidently is approaching.
                    Assyrian tablet circa 2800 BCE

#9    lismore

lismore

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 197 posts

• Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
    And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:41 AM

I can't recall halo's anywhere, though Revelation or Daniel might have something hmm.gif

Hello innocent.gif

I think the RCC get the idea of halos from this passage below:

Exodus 34

The Radiant Face of Moses
29 When Moses came down from Mount Sinai with the two tablets of the Testimony in his hands, he was not aware that his face was radiant because he had spoken with the LORD. 30 When Aaron and all the Israelites saw Moses, his face was radiant, and they were afraid to come near him.

He was shining ohmy.gif

From the lone shieling of the misty island
Mountains divide us, and the waste of seas;
Yet still the blood is strong, the heart is Highland,
And we, in dreams, behold the Hebrides.

#10    Bebi

Bebi

Psychotic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

• It is those who are perfectly sane who are driven the maddest by an insane world

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:50 AM

Are you sure she didn't just see your aura?

Searching for more truth, you learn more about what you didn't know, and realize there is so much more you don't know.   Celumnaz, Dec 2005

A typo is not just for Christmas...  It's for file

#11    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:14 PM

From what I know, halos are auras. Depending on the person, auras shapes and colors will vary. People, such as priests, and other people of high athority or whatnot, usualy have a large "halo" around their head. It's just a large aura. Some pictures dipict Jesus with a halo, because some say, long ago, seeing auras was way more common than it is now. And Jesus had a large aura around his head area[didn't look like your average o shaped halo though].

Edited by ZeroShadow, 26 January 2006 - 12:15 PM.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#12    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 26 January 2006 - 12:29 PM

Hello innocent.gif

Hi this may seem odd but I noticed your screne name - lismore...It's the name of the comprehencive school I attended lol

Sorry folks off topic but I couldnt help it

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users