Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#106    divine_mockery

divine_mockery

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:07 AM

I've been interested in astral travel for a while
now, but i've never known how to do it.
I'm going to try your technique tomorrow and
see how it goes.

thanks for sharing  original.gif

Kill me again or take me as I am, for I shall not change.

-The Marquis de Sade

#107    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:39 AM

Oh my god, last night I attempted your technique and modified it a little, and the strangest thing happened to me.

I was lying in bed. 12 midnight. I closed my eyes and hugged my bolster and remained still. I begin to form an image in my mind, I imagined I was as light as a feather and that my astral form was hovering above my physical body. I was wide awake, not even in the hypnogogic state yet. I focused on the image as hard as I could while I relaxed my entire body. Then weird things happened seconds later.

First, I heard 3 types of sounds:
1) A popping sound beside my left ear, as if a balloon had burst.
2) Scuttling sounds, like many insectoid legs moving across the marble floor.
3) A piano being played. The sound i heard was always the same tune, and increased in frequency the harder i thought about trying to astral project. (But who the hell would be playing the piano late at night? The sound came from everywhere!)

Next, I began to feel my entire body trembling, as if I were shivering. Then, the vibrations assaulted me and my body shook. I could hear voices all about me, but none were calling me name. I did not understand them. Then I felt a force shove me right back down into my pillow and I opened my eyes. (I was wide awake during this entire experience, so I couldnt have been dreaming).

It didnt take alot of effort to attempt to project, though it being my first time doing it intentionally. But it scared the hell out of me. Tonight I will do it again. By the way, last night after that first experience i tried unsuccessfuly a few more times to project but i wasnt able to.
Oh, and I felt as if I had entered an entirely new realm during that brief experience.

Congratulations! Sounds like you're a natural. The sounds you heard were probably from the astral plane. Keep at it! original.gif

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#108    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

Hey all,

well, I'm off on a two-day vacation. I can't tell you how pleased I am to see your enthusiasm in both astral travel and my technique. Some of you have already achieved great results. Keep it up, and I'll be back to answer to questions and comments again in two days.

Don't let my absense hinder this thread. It seems some of you already know alot about astral travel. Chat amongst yoursevles untill I return.

Goodbye for now original.gif

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#109    Rosencruez

Rosencruez

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 04:56 AM

Say Socrates, you've done a great service by generating such enthusiasm about astral projection. Way to go, brother.

Your technique is interesting. Different from the one that I was taught in the Seventh Degree of the Rosicrucian Order, AMORC. www.rosicrucian.org  But, whatever works! That is the main thing. It takes about four years to get to the 7th Degree where psychic projection is taught in AMORC. Of course, many other traditional initiatic organizations teach similar techniques.

Also, there are the Gateway Experience "hemi-sync" CDs put out by the Monroe Institute if anyone's interested.

I hope that you'll keep the enthusiasm going. Astral projection has long been taught as a tool of spiritual awakening ... and some of you are seeing for the first time what that's all about.

With all best wishes for Peace Profound,
Frater Rosencruez

#110    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:31 AM

One question to Yel. How do you know you were astral projecting, and not just dreaming, or halucinating? You said you did it on accident.

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#111    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:37 AM

Good question. Well usually when I'm dreaming I'm asleep. laugh.gif
On a serious note, I felt the usual "symptoms" prior to astral projecting which would lead me to believe that that was what happened.

Posted Image

#112    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:39 AM

But what if those symptons are just symptons of your mind going into a certain state wich makes you halucinate. happy.gif....

Oh my God, what happened to me. I've become a bit of a sketpic. Heh... not but seriously, I'm just trying to get as much information on it as possible. I truly want to try this, but I can't for 2 reasons:

1) I'm scared.
2) I'm skeptical.

What happened in your experience?

Edited by ZeroShadow, 04 February 2006 - 05:40 AM.

Are you a cynic?

#113    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:44 AM

One question to Yel. How do you know you were astral projecting, and not just dreaming, or halucinating? You said you did it on accident.

I was wide awake, remember? I couldn't have been dreaming thats for sure..

#114    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:47 AM

Same here. I seriously doubt I was hallucinating. It wasn't late at night or anything. And some of that is erm...personal grin2.gif
It's good to be skeptical btw. thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#115    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 05:56 AM

But what if those symptons are just symptons of your mind going into a certain state wich makes you halucinate. happy.gif....

Oh my God, what happened to me. I've become a bit of a sketpic. Heh... not but seriously, I'm just trying to get as much information on it as possible. I truly want to try this, but I can't for 2 reasons:

1) I'm scared.
2) I'm skeptical.
What happened in your experience?

Of course, we don't blame you for being skeptical, because you've not tried and succeeded. But once you've done it, you'll be an instant believer...

#116    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:03 AM

I know it's good to be a skeptic, but just to a certain extent. happy.gif Most "mainstream" skeptics are TOO skeptical to the point where they're close minded in my opinion. Even if there's no proof of something, never say it doesn't exist.

Never say never.

How exactly do you go back into your body?

I heard you can astral travel via orgasm. I bet I could accomplish that one!

Edited by ZeroShadow, 04 February 2006 - 06:05 AM.

Are you a cynic?

#117    Spikester2488

Spikester2488

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• "They say when someone prays he's religious, but when someone hears God talking to him its Scizophrania"
    -Fox Mulder

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:33 AM

Some of the astral projection symptoms I have experienced are sometimes pretty intense. I have only attempted astral projection about 3 times and had only these similar results. First I picture a cloud like figure hovering above me with a slight resemblance to me. I visualize it pulling me towards it like a magnet and eventually I try to imagine myself looking down upon my body through the imaginary eyes of the cloud like hovering figure. This is when I start to feel the weird sometimes intense sensations. I get into as deep of a relaxation as I can, then I start feelinga little tingly and numb. It seems like the more I visualize myself astral projecting, the more intense my symptoms become. This may sound kind of freaky, but my eyes actually start to twitch as I visualize astral projection, then I feel almost uncontrollable muscle contractions occuring around my face and eyes (eyes closed). My ears start feeling all weird and I hear and feel weird things around my ears. While this is all going on my heart rate starts to speed up uncontrollably fast to the point where I just feel I have to stop my concentration and open my eyes. This sounds odd and all, but after about almost 2 min in deep concentration with all these symptoms, I thought I started to see a white glowing light forming, with my eyes closed of course.

I have read that astral projection works best and easiest when you are in a trance-like state and often requires a stronger "Chakra"  to give us enough "energy" to astral project. There are plenty of good astral projection sites to google that give pretty detailed info on this. I have not yet succesfully astral projected, but I dont plan on giving up yet.

Edited by Spikester2488, 04 February 2006 - 07:40 AM.

#118    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,815 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:07 AM

sometimes, even with my eyes closed, i see figures moving about me, and no, they aren't neural discharges..and i hear the voices, so distant yet to clear...but i dont understand their words..i've been in the astral realm although i've never projected, but i hear the noises that projectors usually hear..i dont think these figures notice me because i've not projected yet. i've attempted this twice..im doing it again tonight..i believe one day, with enough effort, i will get out of this mortal shell.

#119    Travisimo

Travisimo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:34 AM

I know it's good to be a skeptic, but just to a certain extent. happy.gif Most "mainstream" skeptics are TOO skeptical to the point where they're close minded in my opinion. Even if there's no proof of something, never say it doesn't exist.
Never say never.
How exactly do you go back into your body?
I heard you can astral travel via orgasm. I bet I could accomplish that one!

If you read one of the experiences posted they said that they could feel themself fading cause they didn't have a purpose in the astral plane and went back to their body.I think that's one way.

#120    moomooman

moomooman

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 175 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 07:46 AM

Ya or you just think of your body and returning to it and whatever. Thats the most common way i've heard, another is to just think you wanna wake up.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users