Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#121    expression

expression

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

Some of the astral projection symptoms I have experienced are sometimes pretty intense. I have only attempted astral projection about 3 times and had only these similar results. First I picture a cloud like figure hovering above me with a slight resemblance to me. I visualize it pulling me towards it like a magnet and eventually I try to imagine myself looking down upon my body through the imaginary eyes of the cloud like hovering figure. This is when I start to feel the weird sometimes intense sensations. I get into as deep of a relaxation as I can, then I start feelinga little tingly and numb. It seems like the more I visualize myself astral projecting, the more intense my symptoms become. This may sound kind of freaky, but my eyes actually start to twitch as I visualize astral projection, then I feel almost uncontrollable muscle contractions occuring around my face and eyes (eyes closed). My ears start feeling all weird and I hear and feel weird things around my ears. While this is all going on my heart rate starts to speed up uncontrollably fast to the point where I just feel I have to stop my concentration and open my eyes. This sounds odd and all, but after about almost 2 min in deep concentration with all these symptoms, I thought I started to see a white glowing light forming, with my eyes closed of course.

Spikester2488, a few nights ago after reading about Astral Projection for the first time on here i attempted it myself, ive not been successful yet, i had got some of the details slightly wrong, but i followed the general idea, i noticed that you mentioned your eyes twitching and uncontrollable muscle contractions in your face, i got exactly this, and this was my very first attempt.
But im wondering if that is supposed to happen, or was i tensing myself and creating the twitching, thats one of the things i got wrong as i did not try and get as relaxed as i could but i was concentrating very hard.
After reading more on here last night i tried it again, making sure i was relaxed as possible and that my eyes were closed but i just couldn't concentrate as well, im a patient type of person so im interested in studying this properly and practicing techniques and believe in it and i believe in time that il succeed with it, is it necessary to be always near falling asleep?  ive attempted it twice but not doing the getting up at 4:00am thing.
One thing i did do was i actually woke up at around 5:00 this morning ( still had a few more hours of sleep left before i was getting up ) so i decided to try it at around this time, but no success.
Well im going to keep this up and get right into it properly.

Edited by expression, 05 February 2006 - 08:41 PM.

#122    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 03:36 AM

I'm back everyone original.gif

Hey expression,

Well done for trying, and for staying persistent having not yet projected. The 'muscle contractions' in your face are normal for beginners. When I first began, I felt them frequently around my eyelids.

You should consider the four in the morning technique if you are having trouble relaxing. If you try to project at four in the morning, your mind will be groggy and tired, so you will find it much easier to relax your mind. My mind used to wander alot as well. You will find that if you try to clear your head every night before sleeping, you will get very good at it.

I'm pleased to hear you are interested in projecting, and even more pleased to hear you're going to keep at it.

Any more queries are very welcome,

Socrates

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#123    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 04:57 AM

If the conscious is seperate from the body, why if you have head trauma you can become unconcsious. What happens to your concsiousness?

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#124    Chiron

Chiron

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:21 AM

And there I was, thinking I need to develop my chakras before I can astral travel..  So anybody with enough determination can alstral project with your technique?

Do you know any alternative method to the 4 am technique? (I could only do that one day in a week)

#125    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 10:04 AM

And there I was, thinking I need to develop my chakras before I can astral travel..  So anybody with enough determination can alstral project with your technique?

Do you know any alternative method to the 4 am technique? (I could only do that one day in a week)

Try this:

Imagine a ball (any color that relaxes u) infront of your forehead, about 2 metres away. Focus on this ball with your eyes closed as it moves farther and farther away. Soon you'll feel yourself slip into a trance-like state where all your thoughts will vanish and the only thing that stays in ur mind would be the ball. Using my technique, you'll be able to enter the hypnagogic state much quicker.

#126    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:10 PM

Your help has been excellent so far Socrates and it's gotten me a long way, but a few things are still holding me back from doing this fully. I've got a few questions on technique.

When you are attempting to project, should you keep your eyes closed or open? Night, before bed, is a bad time to attempt for me because if I close my eyes, I'm asleep. If I keep my eyes open it's hard to relax and I still usually end up falling asleep. In the day time when I have tried it there hasn't been the best area for relaxation, but I will attempt again today. I know you are supposed to visualize, but without seeing something it get's fairly difficult.

Also, a few nights ago when I was attempting it I gave in from exhaustion. When I was falling asleep [While constantly thinking about] and I was in the state between sleep and awake, my vision blacked out [I was looking at a wool blanket and my window] and instead of being able to see the blanket and the window instead there was a very deep darkness and golden light from the blinds. When I realized how strange this was I snapped out of it.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#127    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,816 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:18 PM

Your help has been excellent so far Socrates and it's gotten me a long way, but a few things are still holding me back from doing this fully. I've got a few questions on technique.

When you are attempting to project, should you keep your eyes closed or open? Night, before bed, is a bad time to attempt for me because if I close my eyes, I'm asleep. If I keep my eyes open it's hard to relax and I still usually end up falling asleep. In the day time when I have tried it there hasn't been the best area for relaxation, but I will attempt again today. I know you are supposed to visualize, but without seeing something it get's fairly difficult.

Also, a few nights ago when I was attempting it I gave in from exhaustion. When I was falling asleep [While constantly thinking about] and I was in the state between sleep and awake, my vision blacked out [I was looking at a wool blanket and my window] and instead of being able to see the blanket and the window instead there was a very deep darkness and golden light from the blinds. When I realized how strange this was I snapped out of it.

u mean u projected??

#128    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:44 PM

u mean u projected??

I'm not entirely sure. I have in the past but it was not self-induced or willing, nor pleasing for that matter. That is why I'm asking Socrates if this was some sort of projection, because I can mimic what I did again.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#129    expression

expression

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 07:59 PM

Hello Socrates, thanks for starting this thread, yeah at the moment my mind wanders a lot when im trying it and i know that will get in the way, i tried again last night, i do manage about 3 times each night to eventually become quite focused but ive also realised how easy it is for your mind to wonder onto something else almost immediately, last night i was getting a sensation of almost being able to hear a pulse in my ears, at least it seemed that way i believe.

Yeah basically im willing to put in the effort to learn techniques as best as i can and il stck with the routine.

Socrates, out of curiosity, is there a suggested limit of the amount of times that someone who can successfully Astral Project, should stick to? like maybe only a few times a week or only once maybe?
I read here that it said to wait about 24 hours after your first success before attempting again, and wondered if you recommend not doing it too many times, or if it dosn't matter how many times?

#130    Pigmonkey

Pigmonkey

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:06 PM

You may experience one or more of the following sensations:

- Floating
- Sinking
- Vibrations
- A bright white/blue light
- A rushing or popping sound
- Starnge noises; someone calling your name
- A jolt

oh thank god i get bombarded by millions of people saying my name wen i'm going to sleep all my friends thort i was weird for it but now i kno bout it + the floattness happened once or twice grin2.gif

#131    TooFarGone

TooFarGone

Blissfully Chaotic

• 3,682 posts

• I am chaos at its finest

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:20 PM

Being a rather open sceptic, I decided to give this a go last night.

So, I cleared my mind, and got into bed, trying to "will" myself to project. But, I kept getting really freaked out and paranoid, so I just stopped.

Any thoughts?

Too / FarGone
TooFar_Gone
TooFa/ rGone
TooFarG_one
T_oo/FarGone
Too/Far_Gone
Too_Far_Gone

#132    cKyJon88

cKyJon88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

It sounds like you were starting to feel relaxed, you were letting go of all tension from your body and mind. You shouldn't have stopped.

#133    TooFarGone

TooFarGone

Blissfully Chaotic

• 3,682 posts

• I am chaos at its finest

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:26 PM

Alright, thanks.

I'll keep that in mind for tonight thumbsup.gif

Too / FarGone
TooFar_Gone
TooFa/ rGone
TooFarG_one
T_oo/FarGone
Too/Far_Gone
Too_Far_Gone

#134    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:48 AM

Being a rather open sceptic, I decided to give this a go last night.
So, I cleared my mind, and got into bed, trying to "will" myself to project. But, I kept getting really freaked out and paranoid, so I just stopped.
Any thoughts?

THAT IS EXACTLY ME!! I'm being an open skeptic, but everytime I try I get freaked out and quit. =/

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#135    Ashyne

Ashyne

Atheist & Skeptic

• 1,816 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 12:50 AM

Alright, thanks.

I'll keep that in mind for tonight thumbsup.gif

Try this:

Imagine a ball (any color that relaxes u) infront of your forehead, about 2 metres away. Focus on this ball with your eyes closed as it moves farther and farther away. Soon you'll feel yourself slip into a trance-like state where all your thoughts will vanish and the only thing that stays in ur mind would be the ball. Using my technique, you'll be able to enter the hypnagogic state much quicker, and your mind will not wander. Sometimes you can even enter the vibrational stage with this.

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users