Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#16    NoTC

NoTC

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts

• "Please Provide Proof of your fantasy claims. Thanks!"

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:23 PM

I've got my reservations about this. You bring up the Biblical explanation, but nowhere does it say anything about leaving your body to fly around.

Second, do you know who these "guides" are?

Third, if you believe in Angels, Demons, Ghosts, etc... then what's to say that when your consciousness, or soul, leaves your body, that something else doesn't take it over while you're on holiday?

It all seems like a nice change from day to day monotony, but it's also a very dangerous thing. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection uses the same Biblical reference as you do, it is taken out of context. The use of "in the spirit" has nothing to do with astral projection. It's referring to the Holy Spirit, praying in the Holy Spirit. The trance is related to just that, and not leaving your body.

Astral Projection has been studied extensively, and it's authenticity is still inconclusive. It is believed by some to be real, and by others to be psychological, lucid dreams, etc... Personally, I've had some VERY vivid dreams that felt too real to have been just dreams. I've felt like I've fallen back into my body and jolted awake. Does it mean I've left my body? Absolutely not. It just means my imagination (a dream) created a sense of falling. It's pretty easy to explain, considering that when you're awake, and someone touches your arm, you feel it. But when you're asleep, you can slap some people in the face and they won't wake up, they don't feel it, and have no recollection of it in the morning. Your brain is fully capable of tuning off some senses and creating others within itself, which in turn can create a false reality. Whether it be when you're asleep, or when you are in a traumatizing event. Everyone has their own set of triggers.

Reality: Arranging various words into a “profound” statement does not make the statement a fact, no matter how credible the source.
                                         ---------------------ME

I'm absolutely amazed at just how many people still believe in FANTASY when they are proven by science to be incorrect.

#17    777MileStare

777MileStare

~Magneto-kinetic~

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

• "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."~Heraticles

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:01 PM

Can you move your hand astrally *out* of your hand completely awake, aware, anytime in a calm environment? With no meditative process??

I can do that and that is something I think is crazy and it has it fantastical quality to it - I know, but, with contact with the afterlife - you see and hear them. They can "touch" you. Let you know you can do it. It's something I learned how to do.

Edited by PFlack, 26 January 2006 - 09:02 PM.

ABSOLUTION

#18    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:30 PM

I've got my reservations about this. You bring up the Biblical explanation, but nowhere does it say anything about leaving your body to fly around.

Second, do you know who these "guides" are?

Third, if you believe in Angels, Demons, Ghosts, etc... then what's to say that when your consciousness, or soul, leaves your body, that something else doesn't take it over while you're on holiday?

It all seems like a nice change from day to day monotony, but it's also a very dangerous thing. Although http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astral_projection uses the same Biblical reference as you do, it is taken out of context. The use of "in the spirit" has nothing to do with astral projection. It's referring to the Holy Spirit, praying in the Holy Spirit. The trance is related to just that, and not leaving your body.

Astral Projection has been studied extensively, and it's authenticity is still inconclusive. It is believed by some to be real, and by others to be psychological, lucid dreams, etc... Personally, I've had some VERY vivid dreams that felt too real to have been just dreams. I've felt like I've fallen back into my body and jolted awake. Does it mean I've left my body? Absolutely not. It just means my imagination (a dream) created a sense of falling. It's pretty easy to explain, considering that when you're awake, and someone touches your arm, you feel it. But when you're asleep, you can slap some people in the face and they won't wake up, they don't feel it, and have no recollection of it in the morning. Your brain is fully capable of tuning off some senses and creating others within itself, which in turn can create a false reality. Whether it be when you're asleep, or when you are in a traumatizing event. Everyone has their own set of triggers.

Knightmeir, you have some very valid points.

Perhaps you'd be interested in the work of these scientists as well:

'Stuart Blue Harary'
'Dr. Robert Morris'
'Keith Harary'
'Dr. Scott Rogo'
'William Gerhardi'
'Sylvan Mondoon'
'Sylvia Browne'

If you're willing, you could try the technique I listed as well. You've got nothing to lose. Apart from a good night's sleep. thumbsup.gif

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#19    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:32 PM

Can you move your hand astrally *out* of your hand completely awake, aware, anytime in a calm environment? With no meditative process??

I can do that and that is something I think is crazy and it has it fantastical quality to it - I know, but, with contact with the afterlife - you see and hear them. They can "touch" you. Let you know you can do it. It's something I learned how to do.

Hey PFlack; yes, I can do that, but I need to fully relax first. It takes quite a while. Sounds like you have an awesome talent.

#20    Saint-Hak

Saint-Hak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:14 PM

hey socrates, tonight im going to try to astral travel, and then tomorrow night my friend will spend the night. when i told him about it, he thought it sounded cool and all, but then we thought of something. If we BOTH were in astral projection at the same time, and we saw eachother and everything on the astral plane and stuff, and then we had to go back to our bodies...Is there any chance that i could go back into HIS body and he could go back INTO my body, but you know, we are just sort of conciouses in the astral plane sort of, and our bodies will have no concious. so does this mean we could switch bodies for a week? just a theory we thought of

-Saint Hak

#21    TeraLink

TeraLink

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

• Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up & kills! The people it kills get up & kill!

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:21 PM

... I'm impressed. You really sound like you know what you're doing. I'll try this out on the weekend, maybe...

TeraLink Was Here! wink2.gif

Edited by TeraLink, 26 January 2006 - 11:23 PM.

Music's the only thing that makes sense anymore. Play it loud enough, it keeps the demons at bay.

#22    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:42 AM

hey socrates, tonight im going to try to astral travel, and then tomorrow night my friend will spend the night. when i told him about it, he thought it sounded cool and all, but then we thought of something. If we BOTH were in astral projection at the same time, and we saw eachother and everything on the astral plane and stuff, and then we had to go back to our bodies...Is there any chance that i could go back into HIS body and he could go back INTO my body, but you know, we are just sort of conciouses in the astral plane sort of, and our bodies will have no concious. so does this mean we could switch bodies for a week? just a theory we thought of

-Saint Hak

Hey Saint Hak, although that's an interesting idea, I'm afraid it's impossible. There is a silver cord which connects your physical body to your astral body. Your astral body is for your body, and yours alone. Cool idea though. You'll still be able to have lots of fun putting your hands through eachother and stuff like that. grin2.gif

#23    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

Teralink, you should! You'll be amazed by the sensations you feel and the experiences you have.

Edited by Socrates, 27 January 2006 - 12:44 AM.

#24    jujubee

jujubee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

This has got to be one of the best techniques i've ever heard of...
I might try it.
Every other technique I have come across is just so looooooooong and tedious.

Thanks
Peace be upon you

#25    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:32 AM

Yeah - the great thing about this technique is you're already drowsy and tired when you begin, instead of being wide awake. So it takes minimal time to get out! Good luck. original.gif

#26    Saint-Hak

Saint-Hak

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

• When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:49 PM

aww man it didnt work last night but no matter what happens im still going to keep trying because i KNOW that i can naturally do this its just that i keep getting 'shocked' back into my physical body.i tryed to do it while falling asleep because it was a school night lol but since its friday now im gonna do it your way.

-Saint Hak

#27    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

I have not read this entire thread, but I see you recommending or promoting the readings of "'Sylvia Browne'", a widely controversial "Psychic". Have you read any of Sylvia's works or other things by her? I would like to know if you are recommending her because you believe she is a formidable source of knowledge on this subject, or because she is a popular source of knowledge on this subject.

I would also like to warn people that self-proclaimed "Scientists" fail to use the Scientific Method or other methods of conducting experiments and coming upon results that are free from bias more often than not.

Edited by The Raven, 27 January 2006 - 08:19 PM.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#28    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:43 PM

aww man it didnt work last night but no matter what happens im still going to keep trying because i KNOW that i can naturally do this its just that i keep getting 'shocked' back into my physical body.i tryed to do it while falling asleep because it was a school night lol but since its friday now im gonna do it your way.

-Saint Hak

Great attitude! Keep it up. thumbsup.gif

#29    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 09:48 PM

I have not read this entire thread, but I see you recommending or promoting the readings of "'Sylvia Browne'", a widely controversial "Psychic". Have you read any of Sylvia's works or other things by her? I would like to know if you are recommending her because you believe she is a formidable source of knowledge on this subject, or because she is a popular source of knowledge on this subject.

I would also like to warn people that self-proclaimed "Scientists" fail to use the Scientific Method or other methods of conducting experiments and coming upon results that are free from bias more often than not.

Hey Raven. original.gif

Good point. Sylvia Browne isn't a scientist. To tell the truth, I don't know much about what she does outside of her audio tapes on astral travel. I've listened to them and they're pretty good. If you feel so strongly about it, would you like me to remove her from the list?

#30    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• 1,684 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

If you feel so strongly about it, would you like me to remove her from the list?

Well, there is reasonable evidence to believe Sylvia Browne and a multitude of other popular "Psychics" are frauds and in reality, entrepreneurs playing on a weak-minded society.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users