Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#31    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:55 PM

Well, there is reasonable evidence to believe Sylvia Browne and a multitude of other popular "Psychics" are frauds and in reality, entrepreneurs playing on a weak-minded society.

I understand what you're saying. Sylvia has some great astral projection audio tapes, but outside of that, she could very well be a fraud.

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#32    Travisimo

Travisimo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:49 AM

I tried your technique for like 15 minutes and i got this jolt and i opened my eyes :\.
Is that ment to happen?
Anways ima try again 2nite.

#33    leowolfe

leowolfe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:40 PM

that technique seems to work really good. I tried it last night, ecxept for the part about waking up at four, and i definetly noticed getting a lot closer to projecting alot easier. Only thing that stopped me is that every time i got powerful vibrations or felt like i was about to project, i would almost kind of "jump" in suprise. any idea on how to get past that?

#34    thoths pupil

thoths pupil

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:17 PM

first i wantd to say hw cool it is that u know all this stuff and isnt it possibe for some other spirit to posses your body

#35    Travisimo

Travisimo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 02:39 AM

When that happens,kick the spirits ass.

#36    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:44 AM

I tried your technique for like 15 minutes and i got this jolt and i opened my eyes :\.
Is that ment to happen?
Anways ima try again 2nite.

Hey there, yes, this is a very good sign. It means you began to slip out of your body, but you were jolted back. Keep it up!

#37    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:45 AM

that technique seems to work really good. I tried it last night, ecxept for the part about waking up at four, and i definetly noticed getting a lot closer to projecting alot easier. Only thing that stopped me is that every time i got powerful vibrations or felt like i was about to project, i would almost kind of "jump" in suprise. any idea on how to get past that?

Hey there,

Practise makes perfect. Once you're familiar with the vibrations, they won't surprise you so much and you won't jolt. Just keep up the good work for a little longer! original.gif

#38    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:50 AM

first i wantd to say hw cool it is that u know all this stuff and isnt it possibe for some other spirit to posses your body

Hey there,

Don't worry, that is a myth. Nothing can posess or harm our bodies while we are away.

'Demons', the kind that are exorcised from people, are internal forces - they are conjured by the mind, created by negative thoughts and emotions.

#39    cleopatra

cleopatra

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

hi socrates. i'm really dying to astral project. i've had sleep paralysis a couple of times. it was very scarey. i saw devils, one even spoke to me once. once i woke up at night finding my body floating in the air, but i felt hands holding me up and then they let go and i landed with a thud on the bed. none of these times was i trying to obe or anything like that. they just happened. somtimes i'm just sure something will happen and it does. and deja vu happens to me very often. the point is i think i'm naturally talented at this kind of thing, so i cant wait to try ur method for astral projecting tonight. i have a question, though. let's say i do astral project, can i ask someone else's spirit questions, someone who's alive. there's this one person i'm dying to ask a question  but i cant in physical life, so can i do it in the astral plane?

#40    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

Hey, original.gif

Yes, it definately sounds like you're already a natural at astral projection.

You may very well be able to talk to this person in the astral. Once you have left your body, focus hard on him/her and he/she may appear to you in an astral state.

If this doesn't work, talk to me again and we will have to discuss a more advanced method.

Good luck! thumbsup.gif

#41    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:05 PM

I've heard that you should imagine that the ceiling is like a magnet. Would this help for anyone or be considered a myth?

Posted Image

#42    Spikester2488

Spikester2488

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 77 posts

• "They say when someone prays he's religious, but when someone hears God talking to him its Scizophrania"
    -Fox Mulder

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

Hey there Socrates!

I have had an interest in Astral Projection for awhile already, but haven't really tried any techniques to actually try to do it... I guess mostly due to some fear. no.gif  You seem to know alot about this topic so mabe you could debunk this little mystery for me. I have heard from some sources that Astral Projection could be DANGEROUS or even FATAL if done the wrong way. The source (which I belive was on television News) stated that there was a man who practiced Astral Projection and was found dead because he couldn't find his way back to his body after he succesfully achieved Astral Projection. I want to attempt Astral Projection I really do, but mabe not if there is this kind of a risk involved.
Do you believe this is actually true? Do you think it could be fatal if you dont know how to Astral Project the "correct way", for a lack of better terms. Is there even a correct way to Astral Project?  blink.gif

#43    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:16 AM

I have heard from some sources that Astral Projection could be DANGEROUS or even FATAL if done the wrong way.

A common usage of fear or scare tactics is to get others to believe you or take you more seriously, even if you're lying; it gets their attention. If you tell someone you're God, they will probably just laugh it off. If you tell someone you're God and if anyone else claims to be they're going to die, all with a serious look in your eyes, they will think differently of it. Take this into consideration.

The source (which I belive was on television News) stated that there was a man who practiced Astral Projection and was found dead because he couldn't find his way back to his body after he succesfully achieved Astral Projection.

That is a really brilliant. As far as I know, it has not been proven that you can contact the dead and ask them how they died. By looking at his body and using scientific means, how would someone know the man died because he couldn't return to his body? Don't take foolish stories like this to heart.

I want to attempt Astral Projection I really do, but mabe not if there is this kind of a risk involved. Do you believe this is actually true? Do you think it could be fatal if you dont know how to Astral Project the "correct way", for a lack of better terms. Is there even a correct way to Astral Project?  blink.gif

I could get into this deeply but I'm going to wait for Socrates to respond.

After attempting the methods listed in an Aura thread here and being completely shocked with the results, it has given me an even more open mind to say the least. I'll gladly try the methods here and any other method someone wants me to and tell you my results. As a bonus, I try to conduct these sorts of an experiment from an objective stance. If I end up dead, it's probably because I've found a better world in the astral.  w00t.gif

Edit:Wonderful opening post Socrates; I just took the time to fully read it.  unsure.gif  It sounds like a very plausable method. I would like to ask you about several uncanny phenomena I have experienced in the past, though.

I've not attempted to astral project as nearly as much as I have to lucid dream, and now lucid dreaming happens every night although not always can I remember the fine details of it; something I'm still working on. However, when I have tried to project, the first time I got real results was when I focused on a point on the ceiling and then willed myself up at it (Noting the ceilings in that area were 10+ feet tall.) After a few attempts over the same night it began to feel like I was all of a sudden spinning out of control and just as I was getting somewhere -- as you mentioned -- I felt the "Jolt"

Other times I have not attempted to astral project and simply just "Go to sleep" I have heard voices in my head calling my name. It is the most vivid and peculiar sound. I personally have a fairly easy time at clearing things out of my head, but in the drowsy state  before sleep, occasionally the voices will surface. They will be a voice I recognize as one of my friends or even a relative, and will continue calling my name. Unlike other thoughts, I cannot stop it or have any effect on it with thoughts. It's a bit frightening although it has not happened too often.

When I was quite young, probably from the ages of 4-10, I would have the most horrifying dreams I've ever experienced or could contemplate. In those dreams, which were even more vivid than my lucid dreams, I would first begin in my bedroom or nearby. I wouldn't have any body but there would be a presence, sometimes multiple ones. I would first feel myself being lifted up, hovering above the ground, still with no body. Then an unseen "force" that was like a hand dragged me around. One of the most common instances was being dragged from my room by this force that had infinite strength and I could do nothing to resist. It would pull me down the hall way and right when I started going down the stairs I would pop back awake, nearly dead with fear. The other instances I would begin outside my room, which would be entirely black. That same invisible force would pull the body I didn't have either into the dark room and against the bed, or drag me around and push me with amazing strength against the bed of my parents. I'm not sure if you've experienced anything like this before, but the vividness, thought process, and feelings of fear and helplessnes are horrific. Oddly enough, this type of dreaming only happened in one house that I used to live in. Could this be some sort of Astral Projection?

I apologize for the length of this post, but this is one of the topics I have not yet looked too deeply into; one thing at a time. Another thing I experience is that sometimes right before falling asleep, images or thoughts will be forced into my mind and then vanish. For example, I might all of a sudden see the picture of some city that resembles nothing I know of, then when I think about it with my mind it will vanish and I will be unable to remember what I was thinking about or seeing, just that I was seeing something.

Finally, what do you personally do or experience in this "Astral" existance. It sounds quite similar to lucid dreaming in the realm of possibility, but the similarities appear to end there. You posted in a Hydrokinesis thread that such things and much more is possible while projecting. I'd like you to elaborate; What is possible? What do you do personally? Can you explore other places, even those you have not been to? Can you visit the physical forms of other people, or maybe their astral counterpart? Could you talk to someone and they would remember it in the physical world? I've heard of these things mentioned before, but it's all cloudly and seemingly rare that someone who seems to honestly experience these events comes around.

Looking foward to your response to my ridiculously long post.  rofl.gif

Edited by The Raven, 30 January 2006 - 01:52 AM.

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#44    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:21 AM

I've heard that you should imagine that the ceiling is like a magnet. Would this help for anyone or be considered a myth?

Hey there,

yes, this would indeed help. Imagining the ceiling is like a magnet, provided you also imagine you are magnetic and drawn to the ceiling, is a good method for leaving the body.
Give it a try and tell me what happens. original.gif

#45    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

Hey there Socrates!

I have had an interest in Astral Projection for awhile already, but haven't really tried any techniques to actually try to do it... I guess mostly due to some fear. no.gif  You seem to know alot about this topic so mabe you could debunk this little mystery for me. I have heard from some sources that Astral Projection could be DANGEROUS or even FATAL if done the wrong way. The source (which I belive was on television News) stated that there was a man who practiced Astral Projection and was found dead because he couldn't find his way back to his body after he succesfully achieved Astral Projection. I want to attempt Astral Projection I really do, but mabe not if there is this kind of a risk involved.
Do you believe this is actually true? Do you think it could be fatal if you dont know how to Astral Project the "correct way", for a lack of better terms. Is there even a correct way to Astral Project?  blink.gif

Hey Spikester,

Don't worry. This is a myth and common misconception. The news network must have been pretty short on stories to come up with something like that! There have been no recorded instances of death through astral travel, and there will be none in the future. It is impossible to get lost in the astral plane. For one thing, your physical body and astral body are connected by an etheric cord which cannot be damaged in any way, and for another, you will be jolted back into your physical body if even the slightest threat arises. People often find themselves pulled back into their bodies when they venture too far - being unable to find one's body is simply an impossibility.

There is no correct way. As long as a way works, it does just fine. So, don't worry, stay positive, give it a try, and you'll see for yourself there's nothing to fear.

Good luck! original.gif

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users