Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#4171    A.Gray

A.Gray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 10:50 AM

It started to happen for me like 3 years ago. When it started  with the vibrations and sensation of moving and sleep paralysys I was really afraid but I did manage to get out but in few ocasions very shortly. I was so afraid that I stoped sleeping on my back all togheter as it seems for me it always happen when im laying on my back.

Now, I'm in a existencial crisis and I want to have AP on a regular basis.

Since I decided to have them and stop being afraid I had one in which I manage to exit ...I was on the ceiling and when I wanted to see down ..I saw myself in the bed.
In another occasion I manage to exit , I got out of my building and moved really fast on the road but I had to get back as I felt a really nasty pain. I wanted to go somewhere but the pain was so excruciating. I just stopped and tryed to understand why it was hurting , got afraid and decided to go back. The thing is i wanted so much to go back that I felt I couldn't just go back the way I got out ...so I had to think of my body and tryed to move. For 2 sec I felt I was in 2 places at once until I manage to move.  

Other think which I found it curios is that no matter how tired I am ...if I sleep at 9pm or 2-3 am...I always wake up like 5-6 in the morning, ofc feeling very tired..but is like my dreams finished abruptly.
The curios think is that when I wake up suddenly at that time, is the best time to try to AP. because I'm so tired. This started to happen pretty recently, like 2-3 months ago. It wasn't like I had this happen b4 ( waking at 4am)

I don't know what to make of it.

#4172    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

A.gray, there are other forces at work. I'd bet you are ment to be journying regularly. You should pic your practice back up. I'm not sure what to make of your pain. Maby you wernt ready yet, maby until after your crisis. That certainly was the case for me. My problem was different, but after the crisis I have been on a sharp learning curve. Maby it's the same with you. I'm interested in your crisis. I would love to hear the details pm maby.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4173    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

The other thing that I think people miss is prayer. Not to any god in particular, but to the source in general. Unless of course you have a preferance. We are not alone in this and there are no accidents. I'm certain of this. Not a begging prayer mind you but a deep respect and thankfull prayer in advance for the help and guidence you will receive.

The only way through the dark night of the soul my friend is to keep going.

Edited by Seeker79, 14 February 2011 - 04:13 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#4174    A.Gray

A.Gray

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:25 PM

It may sound stretched but I think the reason that I just wake up like that in the morning is meant to have AP.
Dunno about the pain but I'll try to figure out what was all about.

As for the crisis its actually a severe depression, amongst other things. I can't find any solution to my life, the only one that I can think is to journey into the spiritual world. Maybe there are some answers

#4175    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

not a stretch at all. I'm quite sure of it actually........It can, but you cannot carry your anxiety ( if any ) with you. It will be counter productive. Depression may actually help. If you are detached enough from your emotions you can have a more intelectual persuit of visions, without fear.

Might I suggest talking to somone. Thee are people put here as healers. It's their jobs quite literally to see us through.

This may help to. Strangly enough I was just reading it.
http://www.vipassana.../digha/dn11.php

Edited by Seeker79, 14 February 2011 - 05:41 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#4176    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 05:49 PM

Pay particular atention to the parts about abandoning all the useless things we do. It seems we do this in depression anyway. Maby it's a natural response to return to basics and shed all of the crap that weighs us down. I can't tell you how often I think I would just drop everything and live in a wigwom, I'd do it in a heart beat if my wife were on board. Yes j would even take my kids. Heimo korth had it right. ( "the last frontiersman" )

Bruce Lee-

#4177    human_eraser

human_eraser

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:19 PM

I've noticed something... whenever I'm drifting off to sleep and I suddenly open my eyes, I usually see some hallucinations that quickly disappear into nothing. I talked to someone about this and they called it "Focus Overlay Experience." Where your Focus 2 oC overlaps with your Focus 1 oC. Idk if this has anything to do with AP, but this seemed to be the most logic place. Hallucinations (Or is it?) range from little swirls of energy to a shadowy figure walking towards me.

Anyway, last night I had some hypnic jerks, and while I was in a dreamy state before a jerk, I may have moved my astral finger. I'm not sure however, but I do believe my astral eyes were open at one point.

Looking at my past, I believe I have AP'd many times before but not realized them. Before my "first" AP experience, I think I was APing all the time, spontaneously. Twice before my 1st I have gained consciousness while APing. I was above my body floating both times. I immediately freaked out and was sucked back into my body. I assumed I was abducted by aliens. (Remember, I was 11.)

While I was a baby, I remember flying around my room with my body in the bed. It was fun, I had no idea what was going on. I also remember floating to my Dad's office and seeing him type. This is just a few. Most importantly during all my APs, I felt free. I could do anything, become anything, go where I please. Fly at the speed of light. It seemed the world was my playground. Over the years however, these memories disappeared. When projecting again, I suddenly remembered all my experiences. I tried to go further, but the guardian stopped me. Maybe because when I was little, I had no fears. I knew nothing about the real world. Just like the bowl of cheese was from my imagination, so is the guardian. It's not real. That's why it's different for everyone. Your unconscious mind, just like in a dream, creates made-up crap. It may be that the mind is not ready, it cannot handle all of this new learning.

The way to defeat the guardian is not to deny it's existence as your fears are real, but to acknowledge your fears. Your mind created it, your mind can destroy it. Your mind can do anything. You control what happens in your life, not your fears. Let me put this in better words. As the great president FDR said, "You have nothing to fear but fear itself." You cannot let fear control you, you control fear. In essence, you control the guardian. The guardian of the threshold is your fear manifesting itself in your mind. When facing the guardian, do not shove your fears away in a closet. Acknowledge your fears as I said before!

Anyway, sorry for rambling. It's like the words just came out.

I might sleep on my back tonight. I usually get SP when sleeping on my back, although it's still very rare. Probably a 5% chance of SP and out of that 5% a .0001% chance of a successful exit.

#4178    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 04:57 PM

He folks, I just got invited by a Wiccan high priestest to run some classes on astrial projection at her new age shop.

Hahahahaha who ever knew I would do something like that. I'm a little nervouse to expose myself, but she gets dozens of people in her shop trying to fight sleep pralysis , and that's how our conversation got started.

I'm a little excited to be personally helping people, but a little nervouse to.

Anyway I have to thank all of you here, because you have helped me hone my ability to help, and given me more confidence in that reguard.

Thank you all very much.

Bruce Lee-

#4179    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:01 PM

Just an FYI, I have zero interest in makeing money. I already make plenty, i'm more interested in helping people and teaching is learning twice. By engaging in teaching people something you master it on levels that are beyond the average. That's my other motivation.

Bruce Lee-

#4180    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:19 PM

That's awesome Seeker... Congratulations! There is nothing better than teaching, the gives you receive are endless!

I was actually coming to post to ask you how things are going with the two spirits you encountered?? Checking if you had any luck figuring out what was going on there.

Also to give you a little update on my AP, I haven't been very successful lately. I think I need to work on my meditation and focus, I think that's where I'm slacking. I've been an insomniac for years as soon as I hit that bed thoughts start racing, it's hard to turn off my brain. I think it's when I'm stressed that it comes naturally. Not sure. I'll keep trying, I'm going to try and make it a point to make time to meditate once in the afternoon as well.

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#4181    Grok

Grok

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:20 PM

Congrats Seeker.

Are there any physical sensations one feels immediately after when they've returned to their body? For example, nausea, slight headache, or altered hearing as if one needs to cause their ears to pop to get their full hearing back? Anything at all? Or does one feel nothing?

#4182    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:43 PM

View PostDharma Deviant, on 15 February 2011 - 07:19 PM, said:

That's awesome Seeker... Congratulations! There is nothing better than teaching, the gives you receive are endless!

I was actually coming to post to ask you how things are going with the two spirits you encountered?? Checking if you had any luck figuring out what was going on there.

Also to give you a little update on my AP, I haven't been very successful lately. I think I need to work on my meditation and focus, I think that's where I'm slacking. I've been an insomniac for years as soon as I hit that bed thoughts start racing, it's hard to turn off my brain. I think it's when I'm stressed that it comes naturally. Not sure. I'll keep trying, I'm going to try and make it a point to make time to meditate once in the afternoon as well.
Thank you. And yes I have he same problem you do. To many thoughts. Make sure you are doing the mornng thing. That will help a bit. Strangly gardening is helping me focus. I'm growing a huge vegetable garden and it calms me, and makes me relize how attached I am to the material world and how unimportant it all is. The only things that are important is each other and oher life.

Nothing with the fighting spirits. More important things have come up. Massive syncronistic events are at work again and I have several projects out there that I will be working on.... It's starting to come in floods.

Bruce Lee-

#4183    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:46 PM

View PostGrok, on 15 February 2011 - 07:20 PM, said:

Congrats Seeker.

Are there any physical sensations one feels immediately after when they've returned to their body? For example, nausea, slight headache, or altered hearing as if one needs to cause their ears to pop to get their full hearing back? Anything at all? Or does one feel nothing?
Not me. The only odd thing that I feel is that I was never gone. One would expect comeing out of trance would feel like waking up. It dosnt. One moment your somewhere else then the next your back. I swear sometimes I don't even think my eyes were closed. It amazes me every time. I never get used to it.

Oh..... Sometimes I will gasp upon comeing back...... But it's a reaction like a " holy **** I can't believe  that just happened" kind of thing. It's surprise really. Something somebody might do if all of a sudden they wittnessed a building fall or some other crazy event. It only happens when something increadible was happening like when I reached into my sister in law. And I come back out of surprise.

Edited by Seeker79, 15 February 2011 - 07:52 PM.

Bruce Lee-

#4184    Its Mii

Its Mii

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

• I'm not like them,
    but I can pretend.
    The sun is gone,
    but I have a light .
    The day is done,
    but I'm having fun.

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I started a vegetable and herb garden last year, I was so happy. It is very soothing. All my cayenne plants were covered in peppers about to ripe, and my basil was huge and beautiful (the healthiest I have ever had). Then there was a hard freeze for about 4 days last week then another 2 right before the weekend. It killed everything, even though they were covered. I was soooo sad, but I guess I'll start over. I need a bigger area anyway, it will be better for my plants. It will also give me room to add more variety, I found it's something I truly enjoy. I also want to grow a flower garden, I want to slowly cover my house in plants. When I was younger I pictured myself older reading in a backyard covered in trees and plants... So that is what I work towards. So one day my yard will look like the Garden District, until I can actually move there. lol.

Oooh!! I should add... I have an owl living in my tree now, I think she has been there for about a week. It's very special, I can't even begin to describe the feeling it gives me. I'm so happy. I also saw one come down and swoop pray up of the ground, while I was getting on the freeway the other night, VERY special!! =D

I wish you the best on your journey, I hope everything continues falling into place for you!

Don't mistake coincidance for fate.

#4185    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Seeker79

• 12,999 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

There is an owl that flies over my business just about every night. I never see him/her but I hear his/her chirps. It's funny I could time my watch by his/her apearance accept he/she moves the time just a tad each night to adjust fir the changing lengths in the night. The owl is on real time. Off a few minutes each day in one direction then after the equinox/solstice a few minutes each day in the other. It's quit interesting..... Their internal clock.

Edited by Seeker79, 15 February 2011 - 08:44 PM.

Bruce Lee-

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users