Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 57 votes

Astral Travel & My technique

• Please log in to reply
5004 replies to this topic

#46    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:50 AM

And finally, Raven!

I much enjoyed reading your post. It sounds as though you're not much different from me.

You are probably a natural at astral projection, whether you realize it or not.

About your childhood 'dreams' - very likely to be astral projection. The vividness, the pulling, - all the sensations are there. It is unfortunate your experiences with AP were negative, but this often happens with children. If you don't know exactly what is happening to you, it can be a terrifying experience, amplified by fear. The people calling your name - I have also experienced this. It happens only when the body is ready to astral travel and has nothing to do with dreaming, so it is an accurate measure to know wether or not you are about to astral travel or simply slip into a dream.

The technique you used to try and astral travel - imagining being drawn to a point on the ceiling - is a good one, but I know how you as an individual can achieve AP far more easily and with the minimum of effort. You mentioned lucid dreaming. The sleep state is a portal for astral travel that can be accessed if you can lucid dream. You need only know that you are dreaming, and say that you want to astral travel. I have done this before. Initially I was skeptical about such a method because I thought perhaps I would simply dream about astral travelling and not do it in actuality. But sure enough, one night when I discovered I was dreaming, I said firmly 'I want to astral travel'. Suddenly my awareness was transported back to my physical self where I was experiencing powerful vibrations and flashing lights. Before I could quite grasp what was going on, I was out.

You asked what I can do in the astral plane. What are the possibilities during astral travel. Now this is the most exciting question of all. And the answer is just as exciting - Anything. In the astral limits are non-existent. Some things people enjoy doing, however:

- Flying
- Going through walls
- Talking with divine entities
- Creating thoughtforms (simple entities created and powered by one's own imagination)
- Visiting outer-space
- Travelling the world
- Meeting one's spirit guide
- Transcending time
- Visiting deceased loved-ones

And much more. Too much to write.

Thats all I have time for now, Raven, but I'd love to continue our discussion. original.gif

The world needs more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.

#47    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:54 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Socrates. I'll take in some of the things you said, although I'm not sure how good the lucid dreaming method will work. I do lucid every night, but I rarely have control over it, and am having trouble developing a method of control.

I'll try a multitude of things and get back to you tomarrow on the initial results. I'll surely have a plethora of questions to ask you.  grin2.gif

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#48    Travisimo

Travisimo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:51 AM

Another question Socrates,can you do this while you have your eyes opened?Or does it work better with them closed.Sorry if you've already answered this ,i've just skimmed all this.

#49    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:43 AM

Another question Socrates,can you do this while you have your eyes opened?Or does it work better with them closed.Sorry if you've already answered this ,i've just skimmed all this.

Hey again Travisimo, original.gif

Interesting question!

You cannot project with your eyes open at will. Some people have spontaneous projections - they find themselves out of their bodies during their waking lives, eyes open and all. But these are extremely rare.

Unless, of course, you were able to induce a trance state at will. While in a trance, some people are able to keep their eyes open. Thus, you could project while in a trance, but this would require extensive practise.

#50    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:47 AM

Thanks for the quick reply Socrates. I'll take in some of the things you said, although I'm not sure how good the lucid dreaming method will work. I do lucid every night, but I rarely have control over it, and am having trouble developing a method of control.

I'll try a multitude of things and get back to you tomarrow on the initial results. I'll surely have a plethora of questions to ask you.  grin2.gif

Good luck, Raven! original.gif

Questions are good! Keep them coming.

#51    Travisimo

Travisimo

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

Thanks for the quick reply,also i  was wondering some times my body kinda tenses up,do i relax them or keep them tense?

#52    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

No matter what sensations you feel while trying to project, it's important you stay as relaxed and limp as possible. Tensing your body up would bring your awareness back to your physical body, which is not what you want to do. original.gif

#53    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:44 PM

Thank you for answering my question on the other page thumbsup.gif

Posted Image

#54    kaveman713

kaveman713

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

hey socrates i just tried to astral project for the first time i could feel my body going up and drifting from left to right do you think i got all the way in the astral plane or if i where just out of its reach

also i could feel my pulse almost all over my body,what does that mean

also should you keep your eyes open or should you close them

#55    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:13 AM

hey socrates i just tried to astral project for the first time i could feel my body going up and drifting from left to right do you think i got all the way in the astral plane or if i where just out of its reach

also i could feel my pulse almost all over my body,what does that mean

also should you keep your eyes open or should you close them

Hey there,

Yes, you were definately out of your body. Well done! original.gif The pulse all over your body is a good sign. It is simply one of the many sensations people feel when leaving the body.

You should keep your eyes closed.

#56    The Raven

The Raven

Wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:46 AM

Thank you for all your help and information so far, Socrates. It's really been interesting.

Unfortuneatly the first time trying your method [Last night] was to no avail as far as I am concerned. When I woke up at the set time I was so exhausted that I almost passed out and then couldn't go back to sleep for nearly an hour. A dreadful experience to say the least, but that isn't getting my hopes up; I'll try again tonight.

I did, however, have an extremely lucid dream in the place of it that I remember fully, although I doubt it had anything in relation to astral travel.

I'll keep you updated, and I'll be sure to have a corpulent amount of questions for you in the near future.  yes.gif

Baron Wormser said:

What brought me to the woods was the longing to be with words in an undistracted place. 'Woods' and 'words' were almost identical.

Wayfarer - A Journey in Thought and Creation

#57    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 03:00 AM

Well done for trying, Raven.

Your experience was not at all uncommon. In fact it sounds exactly like my first experience trying the 'four in the morning' technique.

Just remember to get up and splash your face with water. Know why you have gotten out of bed at such an early hour. Know what you are trying to achieve. Slip back into bed and get straight down to the technique. Even as you drift off to sleep, and your mind begins to cloud, stay with the technique.

Hopefully your second attempt is more succesful!

I might do it tonight as well. original.gif

#58    Yelekiah

Yelekiah

Calcinatio des Königs

• 10,541 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

I'd like to add that my roommate was right. You can astral project into cats. see through their eyes, etc.

Posted Image

#59    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 02:51 PM

I'm very interested in this. But I'm too afraid to try. I'm afraid I won't come back to my body. Also, how does your body stay alive while "you" are not in it? I'll be too worried about my physical body to even try. =/

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#60    Ziggy Stardust

Ziggy Stardust

Poltergeist

• 2,337 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 07:22 PM

I'd like to add that my roommate was right. You can astral project into cats. see through their eyes, etc.

If such a thing is possible, it has never worked for me!

Recent blog entries on this topic

Photo

By White Crane Feather in A man awake, on 16 February 2011 - 08:14 PM

Read Full Entry →

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users